**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Eternal Evade Bug [Under Investigation]

2»

Comments

• QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    that's not the evade/attack bug. that's just you being slow at reacting.
    edited November 2017
    this is the evade/attack bug that's been fixed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQmO3Qw2R0

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Qwerty wrote: »

I respectfully disagree.

Did the AI Evade and attack in 1 motion?

Did you notice the lag at the moment Spidey evaded?

Did you notice that my left thumb hits the screen, attempting to block, before Spidey connects?

Is your Spider Man capable of doing that?
    MikeHock wrote: »

I respectfully disagree.

Did you notice that my left thumb hits the screen, attempting to block, before Spidey connects?

1. no. clearly there is a back and forward motion.
    2. yes, you can clearly see where his back dash slows to a stop.
    3. again too slow.
    4. take rhino and evade and dash just like spiderman did, try to get the timing precise, but you will see that every champ can do what that spiderman did in terms of timing if you ignore the auto evade part.

refer to the video above regarding the evade/attack bug. that's evading and attacking in the same motion, just like thor is doing now with his anti intercept ability.

I respectfully disagree.

3. again too slow.
    4. take rhino and evade and dash just like spiderman did, try to get the timing precise, but you will see that every champ can do what that spiderman did in terms of timing if you ignore the auto evade part.

refer to the video above regarding the evade/attack bug. that's evading and attacking in the same motion, just like thor is doing now with his anti intercept ability.

Well, we obviously disagree but I do respect your opinion and insight. From my perspective and others I've share vids with, if you compare my vids with DDD auto-evade vid, there are similarities.

I respectfully disagree.

3. again too slow.

Well, we obviously disagree but I do respect your opinion and insight. From my perspective and others I've share vids with, if you compare my vids with DDD auto-evade vid, there are similarities.

Now that i think about it, I'm wrong about number 3. I realized the reason you couldn't react is because that's a 2nd medium attack which naturally has a longer recover time.
  • I completely agree with this post.
    this is the evade/attack bug that's been fixed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQmO3Qw2R0

Yes, I'm very familiar with that bug and thankfully that bug doesn't occur anymore. What I am trying to bring attention to is the same evade problem, or similar to Dorky Digiity Dave's auto evade bug that he posted about last year.

• MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Not just evaders doing it. Thor ragnarok Auto block also will block,hit,& parry stun you all in 1 motion

That's by design, I thought?
  • JayerickJayerick Posts: 54
    Thanks for chiming in fellas. This evade bug has only been one of several "glitches" that have plagued me. I am at a point of such frustration that I am probably going to retire for a while and use the time and energy on more positive things. Today, I left my alliance and will probably only return to playing the game if my in-game friends report the game is running mostly good and clean. So it may be some time, if ever, that I start playing again. I am so sorely disappointed how terrible the game is treating my play lately. It's almost like an algorithm decides to turn the match around and some "glitch" will happen, or something so unlikely, like AI will initiate a special during the opening after its heavy or medium attack. There is always something unfair lurking about many of the big matches, that I am feeling a sense of dread and frustration even playing...which is crazy, since it's only a game.

These are few I can recall right off the bat...

-Lag cheat
    -Heavy cheat (that expanded range and instant, faster than human reflex strike)
    -Auto fight turning itself on without making any incidental contact
    -Screen stuck loading at beginning of match, costing half health -or- you get the "disconnected during fight option" on start up, but the match starts with auto-fight functioning, but the indicator is turned off. If you know that's coming, then you have a few seconds to turn it on and off again, but your starting the match on the run.
    -Parry not functioning consistently
    -Unresponsive controls, or controls that activate bizarrely, like a dash forward, or blocking stopping working, swiping back delayed enough to be struck, etc.
    -Combo interrupted
    -Missed hit in a combo
    -Special not connecting, or getting blocked, when it shouldn’t

I am not trying to be negative, or troll, the Kabam company, in general. I am just being straightforward and honest about my experience. For all those whose game runs clean, congratulations, and I wish you the best. For those of you like me who are beginning to think about how fast mistakes are fixed that help players succeed v. how slow, or not at all, or obfuscated and denied, those mistakes that harm us are dealt with, well then, godspeed, and know that I know how bad it sucks to be gas-lighted.

I am reminded of that old adage, the house always wins, so I shouldn't be so surprised. Structuring your company and the game around the premise of a "free game" that needs to make money has set up this rather bizarre antagonism between the consumers, and the producer of the product. Game theory, look it up, describes why this situation is the way it is, quite well.

• MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★

I respectfully disagree.

What i see is that scarlet’s medium attack animation is not allowing you to get your block up before spidey can get in his post-evade attack.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Jayerick wrote: »
    Thanks for chiming in fellas. This evade bug has only been one of several "glitches" that have plagued me. I am at a point of such frustration that I am probably going to retire for a while and use the time and energy on more positive things. Today, I left my alliance and will probably only return to playing the game if my in-game friends report the game is running mostly good and clean. So it may be some time, if ever, that I start playing again. I am so sorely disappointed how terrible the game is treating my play lately. It's almost like an algorithm decides to turn the match around and some "glitch" will happen, or something so unlikely, like AI will initiate a special during the opening after its heavy or medium attack. There is always something unfair lurking about many of the big matches, that I am feeling a sense of dread and frustration even playing...which is crazy, since it's only a game.

These are few I can recall right off the bat...

-Lag cheat
    -Heavy cheat (that expanded range and instant, faster than human reflex strike)
    -Auto fight turning itself on without making any incidental contact
    -Screen stuck loading at beginning of match, costing half health -or- you get the "disconnected during fight option" on start up, but the match starts with auto-fight functioning, but the indicator is turned off. If you know that's coming, then you have a few seconds to turn it on and off again, but your starting the match on the run.
    -Parry not functioning consistently
    -Unresponsive controls, or controls that activate bizarrely, like a dash forward, or blocking stopping working, swiping back delayed enough to be struck, etc.
    -Combo interrupted
    -Missed hit in a combo
    -Special not connecting, or getting blocked, when it shouldn’t

I am not trying to be negative, or troll, the Kabam company, in general. I am just being straightforward and honest about my experience. For all those whose game runs clean, congratulations, and I wish you the best. For those of you like me who are beginning to think about how fast mistakes are fixed that help players succeed v. how slow, or not at all, or obfuscated and denied, those mistakes that harm us are dealt with, well then, godspeed, and know that I know how bad it sucks to be gas-lighted.

I am reminded of that old adage, the house always wins, so I shouldn't be so surprised. Structuring your company and the game around the premise of a "free game" that needs to make money has set up this rather bizarre antagonism between the consumers, and the producer of the product. Game theory, look it up, describes why this situation is the way it is, quite well.

You sound like a skilled player. Don't be surprised if you get a dozen posts denying your complaints as if it's all in your head while they tell you to "get better noob" or "learn how to evade".

Funny how skilled long term vets of the game and many of the alliance mates all suddenly suffer from a case of Parry Deficiency Syndrome or Evadis Interruptis after updates.
    edited December 2017
    Since there’s another recent thread about this bug (vs 5.4 Ultron), I figure I’ll post my recent video here also

https://youtu.be/aphFUO054YU
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »

I respectfully disagree.

What i see is that scarlet’s medium attack animation is not allowing you to get your block up before spidey can get in his post-evade attack.
    To clear, it's not SW vs Spiderman and mediums.

It's for every attacker. It's against every evader champ. It's in any attack. If the AI want will evade you then counter attack while you're in the same animation wiffing the evaded punch.

It's a bug, no doubts. It would be impossible for anyone (aka for the AI) perform two animations while only can be done one animation.

It's not a lazy reaction time, because nobody can react if your champ isn't reacting, your champ should finish an animation to start another one. Nobody can change it with "skilled reactions".
    We couldn't react most time to it, neither, because we're trained to a dinamic, and the bug is jumping that dinamic.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    My last case was "funny".
    I lost a champ in AQ. Almost 100%, only with block damage.
    Fighting against a spider, almost dead, in fact I was to land the finish punch.
    Then the spiderm evade me and SP2. Good bye whole HP bar.