**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone else frustrated with t1 alloy shortage?

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
I’m a paragon player. It feels like a struggle to rank 3-star and 4-star relics because the purchase caps for t1 alloys are so low - half a catalyst per week through BG trophies and one fourth through glory.

I buy all the 3-star and 4-star relic shards in the BG store. I don’t have the catalysts to rank them up. Embers are wasting away in overflow.

Anyone else having this experience?

Comments

• DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    It is slow going, but I've managed to rank up a couple of 5* and 4* relics.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

I'm a paragon player to, but I don't even know what is this

…?

Alloys. The equivalent of catalysts that you use to rank up your relics. (Not to be confused with embers, which are equivalent to iso)
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

I just can't force myself to care about relics, only have one tied to some champ, had to click through some tutorial

Yeah same for me. Haven't seen anything from the MCOC CC that make me say I have to figure out relic right now.
    Same for me. I ranked up a from the resources we’ve gained normally but I don’t see relics as a thing to chase. They don’t do enough at the moment for me to care about ranking them up.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    So that's what they were for. Alloys and embers. Catalysts and iso respectively? Anything else?
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

I’m a paragon player. It feels like a struggle to rank 3-star and 4-star relics because the purchase caps for t1 alloys are so low - half a catalyst per week through BG trophies and one fourth through glory.

I buy all the 3-star and 4-star relic shards in the BG store. I don’t have the catalysts to rank them up. Embers are wasting away in overflow.

What’s that?
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    I need to choose the class fragments from the SQ objectives but don't really use or like the relics currently. Since they may improve later can anyone provide any advice on which class to target from the selectors since I don't feel like I have the 1st hand experience to make an informed choice?
    Crine60 said:

I need to choose the class fragments from the SQ objectives but don't really use or like the relics currently. Since they may improve later can anyone provide any advice on which class to target from the selectors since I don't feel like I have the 1st hand experience to make an informed choice?

It would depend on your roster and available relics. If you share, I'll give my humble advice.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★

Crine60 said:

It would depend on your roster and available relics. If you share, I'll give my humble advice.
    Currently I only have 2 3* relics that I opened (vision and juggs) and found them so unimpressive that I haven't upgraded them at all. I almost never can use them before fights are over and they are restricted in so much content I didn't even put them on my best champs because they are usually in AQ.

I haven't opened any others right now because I don't know if the existing crystals or shards for higher rarities I have will be usable to obtain better ones later or not. They had mentioned that the striker ones were just 1 of multiple types they plan to release so not sure if they will be unique crystals or all together.

Basically I just wanted to know if there are 1 or 2 classes that are better than the rest in general right now that I should choose for the forced selections immediately in case I do wind up with them later. If you let me know if any particular classes are better I can provide some pics of those particular champs. I don't want to post every champ unless necessary because it would be a lot of screenshots.
    Crine60 said:

Crine60 said:

Currently I only have 2 3* relics that I opened (vision and juggs) and found them so unimpressive that I haven't upgraded them at all. I almost never can use them before fights are over and they are restricted in so much content I didn't even put them on my best champs because they are usually in AQ.

I haven't opened any others right now because I don't know if the existing crystals or shards for higher rarities I have will be usable to obtain better ones later or not. They had mentioned that the striker ones were just 1 of multiple types they plan to release so not sure if they will be unique crystals or all together.

Basically I just wanted to know if there are 1 or 2 classes that are better than the rest in general right now that I should choose for the forced selections immediately in case I do wind up with them later. If you let me know if any particular classes are better I can provide some pics of those particular champs. I don't want to post every champ unless necessary because it would be a lot of screenshots.
    I would say cosmic first, then skill.
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    Nope
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    tbh I haven’t bothered using or upgrading my relics to this day
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Slowly they'll realise that Relics was their biggest mistake ever . Bigger than Transformers and MROC. The time and money they spent on relics could have gone to improve other aspects of the game but once again they chose to ignore the player base.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    It is pretty obvious how ill conceived relics are by the fact that they had to slap an ugly “no relics allowed” icon on 90% of the game.

It’s like blocking all the doors to a building to make people use one door, as opposed to designing the walkways to naturally funnel people to the correct door.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

It is pretty obvious how ill conceived relics are by the fact that they had to slap an ugly “no relics allowed” icon on 90% of the game.

It’s like blocking all the doors to a building to make people use one door, as opposed to designing the walkways to naturally funnel people to the correct door.

That in no way is true. You can use champs with relics attached, you just can't use the relic. This was announced as part of the slow rollout. Other game modes will come later where you can use them more freely but they want to ensure they work correctly first.

It's the equivalent leaving your cell phone at the door while attending an event where photography isn't allowed.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

I'm okay with the slowness of the ranking up. Other than alliance prestige, I haven't found any real benefit during fights using relics. Pair that with the clunkyness of the relics tab, I haven't really bothered with them as much. Being that low amounts of frags are available in BG and Glory stores, I just haven't wanted to spend those currencies on rank up stuff.