**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A Letter to Kabam about Gold and Iso

21Eggatron21Eggatron Posts: 92 ★★
edited December 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Dear Kabam,

I'm writing this forum post today to address a problem that myself and a lot of players in a similar position share; slow evolution in the Gold portion of the economy and lack of evolution in the Iso portion of the game economy.

Iso and Gold have become the rarest commodities for non-spenders and minimal spenders at higher levels of progression. There's a massive influx of t6b, t5b, t5cc, t4cc, t3a and t2a, and quite simply, myself and these players do not have the Gold or Iso available to keep up now that 6 Star Shards are as easy to get as they are and Battlegrounds requires a deeper roster in order to compete.

The Gold problem has started to be resolved, thanks to the increased amount being available in side quests, mostly over the last 2 months from the Reliquary and the Scrap Yard, as well as Uncollected Gold Crystals from the Glory Store and Incursions updates. It's not perfect, but it's a start, especially when you're hopefully looking at increasing the amount we get from Elder Difficulty, future Side Events, 8.2, and beyond. I hope this trend continues, because if it does, Gold will be fine.

Iso is also a massive issue, that, unlike Gold, doesn't seem to be getting better. As a Paragon player, I am so desperate for Iso that I've been grabbing Cavalier crystals from the Scrap Yard, been taking 4 Star Crystals from the Incursions store, been running the Daily Iso Quest on and off, been running Arena for Grandmaster Shards, been running lower difficulties of Monthly EQ, and have bought the Iso selectors from the Glory Store off cooldown since the Glory Store update went live. Simply put, it isn't enough. I have the catalysts to R3 and R4 multiple champions, but I can't justify it because I don't have the Iso for it, even if I'm doing all I can to get it.

Suggestions for the Iso Solution:

1. Thronebreaker and/or Paragon Solo Objective Crystals: Cavalier Solo Objective Crystals are just so meaningless these days. The best thing out of them is generic t5 iso, and the amount isn't enough to matter. Give us a new tier of crystal, one that at least gives good amounts of generic t6 iso.
2. Elder Difficulty: We know it's coming. Just give us large amounts of t6 class iso in the quest completion and exploration.
3. 4 Star Shards in Higher Difficulty Side Events: Using the Scrap Yard as an example, the only guaranteed iso available is a 4 star nexus for endgame players. The Cavs alone are not good enough because of the gamble involved; more often than not players will go for the guaranteed rewards rather than risk it.
4. Battlegrounds Store: 5 5 Star Crystals in a week isn't enough to make a dent. Putting 4 Star Shards in the BGs store would be the easiest and most player friendly way to help the iso problem, or putting t6 class selectors in the BGs store as well. I know I'm not the only one that would spend Tokens for large amounts of guaranteed iso.
5. 4 Star Shards in the 6 Star Featured Arena: This one is the biggest stretch out of my suggestions. Grandmaster Crystals are just useless these days, there's a reason why people joke about them being reskinned 3 Star Crystals.
6. More Iso in Milestones: In the recent update, players can get 8 generic t5 Iso a day from completing the first milestone. Please make it t6 iso, it's barely enough for 1 level for a 6 Star.
7. Updated Iso amounts for duping 5 and 6 Stars: It makes no sense that three rarities of champions give the exact same amount of Iso. 5 Stars should give more t5 iso (maybe like 36) and 6 Star dupes should give a good amount of t6 iso.
8. T6 Daily Iso Quest.

By no means do I think they should ALL be implemented but I think they're all strong steps you could take.

Bottom line is, I like the direction that Gold is starting to go in but I really think we need the same treatment for Iso.

I ask that you please consider what I've written when you decide how to progress the Iso economy.

Thank you,

21Eggatron
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• 21Eggatron21Eggatron Posts: 92 ★★
    edited December 2022
    ItsDamien said:

Highest progression level here. No issues with Gold or ISO, no arena grinding either. Not a massive spender. Thanks for assuming that everyone is having your problem.

There's bound to be exceptions to the rule. I've spoken to a large of amount of people who are in a similar position in terms of roster progression who either don't spend or spend only on certain holidays and they've agreed. I don't mean to assume everyone has the problem and I apologize it came off that way, but it is still a problem that more than a small percentage of the community faces.
    edited December 2022
    Pikolu said:

A dude just came out with a video on how to get 500k gold daily without doing either arena nor incursions. Gold issue is old news now.

I agree, but 2 months ago was a different story, which is why I said I'm happy with the direction Kabam has gone with gold. When the amount we got from Act 7 and 8 paths hadn't changed over 4 chapters whereas the t2a and t5b doubled, then it was problematic. It's much better now.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    No matter how much Gold and ISO they release, the amount we spend still plays a factor. We have to pace ourselves.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,977 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Highest progression level here. No issues with Gold or ISO, no arena grinding either. Not a massive spender. Thanks for assuming that everyone is having your problem.

There's bound to be exceptions to the rule. I've spoken to a large of amount of people who are in a similar position in terms of roster progression who either don't spend or spend only on certain holidays and they've agreed. I don't mean to assume everyone has the problem and I apologize it came off that way, but it is still a problem that more than a small percentage of the community faces.
    Just a question, what is a "large amount of people" to you?

No matter how much Gold and ISO they release, the amount we spend still plays a factor. We have to pace ourselves.

Absolutely. It's becoming harder and harder to do so unfortunately with how easy rank up materials are to get.

ItsDamien said:

How does a batch of 50 or so Thronebreaker/Paragons fare?

Regardless of how many people I've spoken to, it doesn't take a lot to realizing that prioritizing Iso is extremely hard to do compared to prioritizing other rank up materials, Gold included.
  • JerryJiverJerryJiver Posts: 104
    There will always be some resource acting as a bottleneck in a game with as many different modes and progression levels as mcoc. Expecting gold/iso income to exactly keep pace with rank up cats isn’t reasonable.
    I think you’d have a better argument (although it would take a lot more effort) if you could show the income rate for different kinds of mats for a typical player at your level; show what that translates into as far as rank ups per time interval; and then explain what problems exist. Rank up rate is stagnating (or even slowing) over time? Inability to use mats before they expire?
    edited December 2022

ItsDamien said:

Regardless of how many people I've spoken to, it doesn't take a lot to realizing that prioritizing Iso is extremely hard to do compared to prioritizing other rank up materials, Gold included.
    50ish is small peanuts.

There will always be some resource acting as a bottleneck in a game with as many different modes and progression levels as mcoc. Expecting gold/iso income to exactly keep pace with rank up cats isn’t reasonable.
    I think you’d have a better argument (although it would take a lot more effort) if you could show the income rate for different kinds of mats for a typical player at your level; show what that translates into as far as rank ups per time interval; and then explain what problems exist. Rank up rate is stagnating (or even slowing) over time? Inability to use mats before they expire?

I like the idea a lot. I'll track throughout the month of January and maybe onward, but this would be a good idea to have more data behind the argument.

Thank you for the suggestion!

ItsDamien said:

50ish is small peanuts.
    I don't have the reach or the time to try to gather data from hundreds or thousands of Summoners. If you have an idea to do so, I'm all ears.

I don't either but to say you've talked to large amounts of people isn't exactly true. As others have mentioned, there will always be a bottleneck for something in the game. Will there be improvements? Sure. But to lay it out like ISO is so scarce and that everyone is lacking in it is misleading.
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    And cue the usual kabaam trolls

ItsDamien said:

50ish is small peanuts.
    I don't have the reach or the time to try to gather data from hundreds or thousands of Summoners. If you have an idea to do so, I'm all ears.

I don't either but to say you've talked to large amounts of people isn't exactly true. As others have mentioned, there will always be a bottleneck for something in the game. Will there be improvements? Sure. But to lay it out like ISO is so scarce and that everyone is lacking in it is misleading.
    1. There are 50 summoners of higher progression levels in this game that are either experiencing what I'm experiencing or have noticed what I've noticed. That may not be large, but it's people I've had direct interactions with that have the same problems. Unless I've spoken to the only TB and Paragon summoners that have Iso problems, there's more out there that I haven't spoken to.

2. I'm not trying to say everyone is lacking, because they're not. But to sit there and act like it's easily available to people who try to get it BY PLAYING THE GAME is misleading once you hit a certain level of progression.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I posted this yesterday but since the subject is here again and since the video was mentioned in this post, here you go

https://youtu.be/YzN2ij2UANg

ItsDamien said:

50ish is small peanuts.

1. There are 50 summoners of higher progression levels in this game that are either experiencing what I'm experiencing or have noticed what I've noticed. That may not be large, but it's people I've had direct interactions with that have the same problems. Unless I've spoken to the only TB and Paragon summoners that have Iso problems, there's more out there that I haven't spoken to.

2. I'm not trying to say everyone is lacking, because they're not. But to sit there and act like it's easily available to people who try to get it BY PLAYING THE GAME is misleading once you hit a certain level of progression.
    Sure, same problems and I can also guarantee they aren't doing much of what's required to get out of bottlenecks.

ItsDamien said:

50ish is small peanuts.

Sure, same problems and I can also guarantee they aren't doing much of what's required to get out of bottlenecks.
    And what do you believe is required to get out of the bottleneck in this case?

I posted this yesterday but since the subject is here again and since the video was mentioned in this post, here you go

https://youtu.be/YzN2ij2UANg

This is great, and kind of highlights why I'm happy about the direction Gold is going. Glad someone took the time to break it all down.
  • I think that the gold problem has been dealt with fairly well, provided that you are active in game and are able to hit the 22 hour events and try to get through at least some of the 7 hour events too, there’s a decent amount of gold floating around.

ISO is a different matter and I do think that there’s a bit of a shortage on that front, depending on whether you’re a spender or not or are willing to only rank up when necessary.
  • OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    I also would like to have more gold, but there are enough ways to get it..
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Fourth highest progression here and I went from 7 million all the way to 15 million thanks to the banquet and I'm swimming in ISO because of all the five and six star Champs. Events like this are account changing if you're lucky.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Gold certainly was a problem but seems to be dealt with well between solo games objectives and incursions.

ISO is a problem that could be easily fixed if 5* and 6* champs gave 2x and 4x what a 4* gives, which honestly ought to be the case imo.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Don’t rank up every champ as soon as you get them and you’ll be fine.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    People don’t have gold issues. They have patience issues. I’ve been doing 90,000 points for level up every time it comes around since Cyber Weekend. I have champs to level for the foreseeable future, plenty of gold, lots of iso and 4-star shards.

4-star shards and dual class crystals are a godsend.