**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

7* shards crystal

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

As far as I have read, nobody knows how many shards it will take to form a 7* crystal next year and anything so far’s been only speculation. Is it valid to think Kabam hasn’t announced the amount of shards necessary because they’re trying to measure how quickly we acquire 6* dups now to determine what the right amount of 7* shards would be to get a 7* crystal?
    I don’t see why they wouldn’t have made that information known when they announced 7*’s if they still weren’t sure.
    Thoughts?

My thoughts are: Wouldn’t be surprised if you’re on to something. Logically they should be 10k, but logic and mcoc…🤷‍♂️
    Which logic tells you it SHOULD be 10k?
    Logic that entails when we open 3-4* crystal the dupe we get gives out nearly about 1/37 times shards that says we have to open and get shards about 37 times (rounded off) to open next tier crystal whatever it maybe, the same logic that's says if we want to open a 5-6* crystal that is 10k at price, we get equal number of shards which is 275 from 4* crystal which if u multiply by 37 times that result in price of 1 5-6* crystal, so when ALL THE PLAYER BASE IS RECEIVING 275 of those 7* shards it's pretty logical it will be worth 10k and follows the same logic since 3* crystals formations. The ratio of shards output from 3-4*-5*-6* crystal is 100% same so it is logical that it will follow the same for 7*. Got it?
    We have 4 rarity shard crystals.

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Logic tells us the next 2 rarities will be a different amount. To use your words at least.

Got it?
    I would argue that the pattern that is more consistent is the more logical choice.

1* dupe: 0% of a 2*
    2* dupe: 2.75% of a 3*
    3* dupe: 2.75% of a 4*
    4* dupe: 2.75% of a 5*
    5* dupe: 2.75% of a 6*

1* crystals: 0/∞/NaN/null shards
    2* crystals: 0/∞/NaN/null shards
    3* crystals: 2000 shards
    4* crystals: 2000 shards
    5* crystals: 10000 shards
    6* crystals: 10000 shards

I am much more inclined to believe they will be 10k shards, just because all dupes give 2.75% of a crystal, excluding 1*s
    So what you're saying is there's many "patterns" and we're all guessing but none of us know. Gotcha.
    No one knows for sure what the price is going to be.
    This has been my point exactly. There are many different angles one can look at and say "this is the logical way to look at it". None of us know. Kabam isn't going to tell us but holding on to "it's 10k because it's logical" will set you up for pitchforks a land torches if it's higher.

Just stick with finding out in the spring. There isn't a point in trying to figure out what it is because Kabam isn't exactly known for doing things the same way every time.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    I’m still in the camp of “if they knew how many shards it would take, they would have told us already”. This also leads me to believe that the cost will be closer to 20k unfortunately (I really hope I’m wrong)
  • FalconiFalconi Posts: 230 ★★

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

As far as I have read, nobody knows how many shards it will take to form a 7* crystal next year and anything so far’s been only speculation. Is it valid to think Kabam hasn’t announced the amount of shards necessary because they’re trying to measure how quickly we acquire 6* dups now to determine what the right amount of 7* shards would be to get a 7* crystal?
    I don’t see why they wouldn’t have made that information known when they announced 7*’s if they still weren’t sure.
    Thoughts?

My thoughts are: Wouldn’t be surprised if you’re on to something. Logically they should be 10k, but logic and mcoc…🤷‍♂️
    Logic that entails when we open 3-4* crystal the dupe we get gives out nearly about 1/37 times shards that says we have to open and get shards about 37 times (rounded off) to open next tier crystal whatever it maybe, the same logic that's says if we want to open a 5-6* crystal that is 10k at price, we get equal number of shards which is 275 from 4* crystal which if u multiply by 37 times that result in price of 1 5-6* crystal, so when ALL THE PLAYER BASE IS RECEIVING 275 of those 7* shards it's pretty logical it will be worth 10k and follows the same logic since 3* crystals formations. The ratio of shards output from 3-4*-5*-6* crystal is 100% same so it is logical that it will follow the same for 7*. Got it?

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Logic tells us the next 2 rarities will be a different amount. To use your words at least.

Got it?
    I know who you are, but don't go running around the bushes for no reason, if we got 3-4* cost at 2000 shards we used to get 3-4* crystal shards at 55 everytime from dupe, if crystal costs 10000 for 5-6* then we used to get 275 shards, see the difference and DONT ARGUE that ratio of 55 shards to open 3*-4* crystal is exactly same as of 275 for 5-6* .
    Which is 1/37 . So if kabam was gonna launch next crystal at 20000 let's say, they should be awarding 275x2 = 550 shards each 6* dupe.
    edited December 2022
    Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

Thoughts?

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Got it?
    I would argue that the pattern that is more consistent is the more logical choice.

I am much more inclined to believe they will be 10k shards, just because all dupes give 2.75% of a crystal, excluding 1*s
    This is what I said agree 100% each dupe of 2-3-4-5-6* gives out 2.75% shards of next rarity that's a fact, if SUDDENLY kabam brought out 7* that costed 20000 (let's say) that will mean 6* are giving us 275 shards which are essentially worth 1.375% shards of 7* crystal. COMMUNITY WILL RIOT. if this happened and add the 1st batch of 7* Groot or some other trash champ in the pool possibility will turn off most players i know.
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 372 ★★★
    Probably 15k per crystal
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Falconi said:

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

Thoughts?

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Got it?
    I know who you are, but don't go running around the bushes for no reason, if we got 3-4* cost at 2000 shards we used to get 3-4* crystal shards at 55 everytime from dupe, if crystal costs 10000 for 5-6* then we used to get 275 shards, see the difference and DONT ARGUE that ratio of 55 shards to open 3*-4* crystal is exactly same as of 275 for 5-6* .
    Which is 1/37 . So if kabam was gonna launch next crystal at 20000 let's say, they should be awarding 275x2 = 550 shards each 6* dupe.
    That's only true if they intend to continue the pattern. If 7*s follow the same pattern the price will be 10k shards. I feel like there is a good chance they will break the pattern with 7*s though.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    Anyone know if all current champs excluding featured pool will be available on release or are they going to roll it out in waves like they did with 5 and 6*?

Falconi said:

Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

Thoughts?

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Got it?

This is what I said agree 100% each dupe of 2-3-4-5-6* gives out 2.75% shards of next rarity that's a fact, if SUDDENLY kabam brought out 7* that costed 20000 (let's say) that will mean 6* are giving us 275 shards which are essentially worth 1.375% shards of 7* crystal. COMMUNITY WILL RIOT. if this happened and add the 1st batch of 7* Groot or some other trash champ in the pool possibility will turn off most players i know.
    yes these patterns all point to 2.75% being constant whether or not how many shards it cost to buy them so the 7* would cost 10k as well. I would suggest people to just not feed into the troll and ignore seriously.
    The answer simply is 10k.
    Yes, if kabam came out suddenly for no reason just to $$$ milk players for no big reason it's gonna be received VERY BADLY, very badly. Look at 6* they are still not fully utilised and it's been 4 years since they are in game. Hope kabam don't make foolish decision of making 7* crystal costing more shards to open them, when 6* dupe is giving us 275 shards.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Hope it is 10k bc I would be able to open four crystals, as of today.

Any clarification from Kabam at this point would be highly beneficial for the community.

Agree

Falconi said:

Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

Thoughts?

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Got it?

yes these patterns all point to 2.75% being constant whether or not how many shards it cost to buy them so the 7* would cost 10k as well. I would suggest people to just not feed into the troll and ignore seriously.
    Hi. Troll here. If the answer is simply 10k, why wouldn't they have announced it already?

Hi. Troll here. If the answer is simply 10k, why wouldn't they have announced it already?

Kabam works in mysterious ways.
    Falconi said:

Falconi said:

Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

Thoughts?

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Got it?

Why they haven't announced yet?
    It's because players like you are testing the patience of normal player base who are also on forum to interact like me, players like you i don't know why always belittle and downplay other players plight that they face. Nobody here in the forum takes KABAM'S side for real no reason but YOU Demonzfyre or Groundedwisdom or 1 or 2 more, i just don't get it, r u a player of MCOC or what? R u ? Do u even have MCOC account i can add u friend as? Do u? or R U simply here to take KABAM'S side Everytime? I'm curious here 🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐 Have you ever come out and say this is not player friendly move like EVER for anything?
    I haven't talked down to anyone in this thread. I have an account and have been playing since nearly the beginning. My game name is the same as here on the forums. Add me if you want, I don't care.

I'm not taking sides. I've criticized Kabam in the past plenty of times.

And no, them not announcing it has nothing to do with me.
  • Scholia said:

While it's unsurprising that you would have an issue understanding logic, I will try to simplify. Logic is generally used to ascertain unknown facts by using existing information and past experience. For those who have played this game since the beginning we have seen a pattern of hero crystals and shards to reach the next level. As such 6* crystals dupe that generate 275 7* shards SHOULD follow the pattern of 5* and 6* crystals before. But as always there are no guarantees with Kabam.

Do you no know how to quote someone anymore or what?

If you really want to talk about patterns-

3*/4*= 2k.

5*/6*=10k

So every 2 rarity additions, crystal costs go up. So your "duped shard" logic contradicts my "rarity addition" logic. Who is right and who is wrong?

I am 90% sure it's going to be 10k. The other 10% I hold reservations that it will be 15k or higher to slow the progression curve down a bit for the longevity of the game. Even though we're getting 275 7* shards for 6* dupes, I can see it being a way to slow how many 7*'s will flood the game in the spring when we can open them. We've been collecting 6*'s for years and anyone who's been playing that long is duping nearly all their 6*'s. I don't open that many 6*'s compared to many but I'm at 14,575. I'll probably be able to open at least 3 by the time we can. Whales will have way more obviously. But giving 275 for a dupe and making the crystal 15k would slow that acquisition rate down a bit.

The only logic to follow is that there is no logic. it's just however Kabam wants to control the progression of the game.
    Why do you have to question everything? I haven’t been on these forums for a few months and you’re still causing chaos. You’re truly like a virus. Don’t you have anything better to do?

This post was a question on the cost of 7* champs. So he is questioning why someone says it is logical for this cost and bother says it is logical for this cost. It’s the point of the thread…
    Falconi said:

Falconi said:

Falconi said:

Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

Thoughts?

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Got it?

It's because players like you are testing the patience of normal player base who are also on forum to interact like me, players like you i don't know why always belittle and downplay other players plight that they face. Nobody here in the forum takes KABAM'S side for real no reason but YOU Demonzfyre or Groundedwisdom or 1 or 2 more, i just don't get it, r u a player of MCOC or what? R u ? Do u even have MCOC account i can add u friend as? Do u? or R U simply here to take KABAM'S side Everytime? I'm curious here 🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐 Have you ever come out and say this is not player friendly move like EVER for anything?
    I haven't talked down to anyone in this thread. I have an account and have been playing since nearly the beginning. My game name is the same as here on the forums. Add me if you want, I don't care.

Iv been offline on and off game and forum, but i haven't SEEN YOU EVER TAKE PLAYERS SIDE & IF U HAVE TAKEN ANY PLAYER BASE SIDE, it is still 1 or 2 cases meanwhile at every thread i see few people like you causing unnecessary chaos, counter players normal expectations, just shows u r not who u are showing yourself as here in forum.
    Mmmmmmk cupcake.

Tbh I don't care what the cost 10k 15 20 even . What I WANT TO KNOW IS!! That they WILL have a higher iso amount for a dupe 48 atleast even if the spare charge amount of gold stays the same ISO needs to be more

Obviously lol people here are Unnecessarily arguing if cost is increasing I'm sure players will outright stop playing if duping 7* gives 24 ISO bricks 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣, dumbest move ever, i don't know why players didn't say anything when 6* dupe was seen giving 24 ISO bricks which is very bad as is,

minimum 96 ISO bricks should be given when duping 7*.
    Falconi said:

Tbh I don't care what the cost 10k 15 20 even . What I WANT TO KNOW IS!! That they WILL have a higher iso amount for a dupe 48 atleast even if the spare charge amount of gold stays the same ISO needs to be more

Obviously lol people here are Unnecessarily arguing if cost is increasing I'm sure players will outright stop playing if duping 7* gives 24 ISO bricks 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣, dumbest move ever, i don't know why players didn't say anything when 6* dupe was seen giving 24 ISO bricks which is very bad as is,

minimum 96 ISO bricks should be given when duping 7*.
    I'm still waiting for that friend request bestie.
  • SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 ★★
    Just checked through this thread and can't see a response from Kabam - does anyone know how to summon them?
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,486 Guardian
    edited December 2022

Just checked through this thread and can't see a response from Kabam - does anyone know how to summon them?

Wait until after they're back from their holiday break. If you notice, they haven't commented on any threads for quite awhile aside from the moderators.
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 398 ★★★

Falconi said:

Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

Thoughts?

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Got it?

They also haven't announced what the special 7* ability is, but they must know if they're coming out in a few months. We know there's another special EoP in January, so that has to already be finalized, but we don't have all the details yet.

You're definitely correct in saying that there's no guarantee that 7* crystals will be 10k, but I don't think it's a particularly large leap to say that it's the most likely scenario
    Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

Thoughts?

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Got it?

They also haven't announced what the special 7* ability is, but they must know if they're coming out in a few months. We know there's another special EoP in January, so that has to already be finalized, but we don't have all the details yet.

You're definitely correct in saying that there's no guarantee that 7* crystals will be 10k, but I don't think it's a particularly large leap to say that it's the most likely scenario
    I think it's 10k as well but i'm not 100% certain. Like I already said, part of me says to not expect it to be 10k.
  • SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 ★★

Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

Thoughts?

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Got it?

I think it's 10k as well but i'm not 100% certain. Like I already said, part of me says to not expect it to be 10k.
    Agree, sometimes people communicate more to us by saying nothing about a topic..

Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

Thoughts?

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Got it?

Agree, sometimes people communicate more to us by saying nothing about a topic..
    They have made comments when 7*'s were announced. They haven't said nothing. They just haven't commented on this thread. It's the end of the year so people might be taking vacations and stuff. You can't expect them to answer you just because you want an answer.
    Falconi said:

Falconi said:

Falconi said:

Ackbar67 said:

Falconi said:

Thomildo said:

Chovner said:

Thoughts?

3*/4* are 2k to form.
    5*/6* are 10k to form.

Got it?

Iv been offline on and off game and forum, but i haven't SEEN YOU EVER TAKE PLAYERS SIDE & IF U HAVE TAKEN ANY PLAYER BASE SIDE, it is still 1 or 2 cases meanwhile at every thread i see few people like you causing unnecessary chaos, counter players normal expectations, just shows u r not who u are showing yourself as here in forum.
    Your opinion is just that. You do not speak for “the players”. Obviously.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Buttehrs said:

Ghost_Fan said:

It's gonna be 10K shards

Thanks for the update, do you have the link to the post? I've been trying to find it for hours but wasn't as lucky as you!
    Nothing official from kabam yet, however when you see how many shards you get for a dupe, it's the same as 5 and 6* shards, therefore it should be the same amount for a crystal.
    Just like dual class crystals.

Oh…
    You mean wish crystal 🤣
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★
    Until Kabam confirm it, no one knows exactly but it’s logical they will be 10k per crystal. Kabam can set whatever price they want, but if it’s anymore I think there will be a massive backlash. Kabam can control the cost of 7* by keeping the resource rare, rather than requiring more shards for each 7*.
  • Wozzle007 said:

Until Kabam confirm it, no one knows exactly but it’s logical they will be 10k per crystal. Kabam can set whatever price they want, but if it’s anymore I think there will be a massive backlash. Kabam can control the cost of 7* by keeping the resource rare, rather than requiring more shards for each 7*.

That’s the issue though, it’s just as logical to say it’s going to be 10k as it is to say it’s not going to be 10k. The most logical answer would be they are not fully sure in the price of it and we will know closer till then