**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Aegon 6R4 ?

ScoubyScouby Posts: 10
edited January 2023 in Strategy and Tips
Hi everyone, is Aegon (sig 200) still worth the 6R4 ?
Thanks
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    I don't really see what type of content you'd need such an amped-up Aegon for. I would personally not take him up to r4. If you already have him at r3 sig 200, chances are that you've already used him for the various types of content that he's best suited for.

Then there's also the issue of him having to ramp up and that potentially being hindered by him hitting too hard initially. I don't have an r4 Aegon myself so I can't say this from experience, but I seem to recall someone ranking him up that far back when r4s were starting to come into the game and then having trouble reaching that 999 combo as easily as you can when you have a lower-ranked Aegon. Simply because he kills everyone too quickly. That would of course be amazing-sounding for any other champion, but since Aegon needs to reach that top combo to access all of his damage and utility, killing opponents in less hits is not necessarily a good thing.

That said, I do think some new type of Everest content has been announced for later this year. Maybe he'll shine there. However, I would wait for that to drop before investing r4 resources into him. I think you're better off investing in a champ who you get their value out of at the moment.
  • ScoubyScouby Posts: 10
    Thank you for that answer.
    I
    I'm thinking about getting it R4 in anticipation of the news planned by Kabam. I will wait to see what will be.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    If you have other skill champs like NF, Kingpin, Valkyrie or Shang, then let us know. They might be better R4 skill options. I'm personally planning to rank up this month 6* NF to R4. Higher rank Aegon means less hits per fight so slower ramp up.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★
    Yes, since i havent touched Abyss yet and i want the minimal resourse spend possible, as i am F2P, mine is R3 and will put him to R4 soon. But if u have Abyss done.. i dont see that much value
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    I did rank him up for incursions and he is really helpful for that kind of content.