**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New BG meta... lets discuss

With season 4 dropping today and allowing a lot more rank ups, which champions do you guys think will reign supreme in the new meta. Definitely some of my favorites are:

Galan, hulkling, immune to power burn
Thor, easy access to armor break, def interested to see how his damage is gonna be though
Colossus, armor break immune to all but tech, so not many options to counter him.
NIMROD, looks like hes gonna be an absolute beast, cant be armor broken, so only nullify has a chance
IMIW, obvious reasons

Ive def missed a lot of the obvious ones, just wanted to name a few, but if you guys think of some others, or some really cool interactions feel free to post, i feel like this season is going to be the most meta defined so interested to know everyones thoughts

Comments

• MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★
    My boy Vulture will proof himself worthy!
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,992 ★★★★★

Civil warrior gonna get slept on, he is definitely gonna time out some people

If you aren’t bringing a power burn immune champ or a mystic with easy access to neutralize or fate seal to that fight, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Personally, I’ve ranked up Man-Thing (armor break immune), Sasquatch (armor break immune), and Thing (armor break AND nullify immune) as defenders for this meta. I also took up Howard the Duck as an option for either side of the line.

It’ll be interesting whether people prioritize banning attackers or defenders this time around.
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    THING. both armor break immune and nullify/stagger immune. hes gonna crush.

most tech, many cosmic and all the nullify champs going to crush.

what you need to bring: armor up, armor break, stagger/nullify/neutralize, and stagger/nullify/neutralize/armor break immune champs
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Does Knull/Yondu armor buff removal mechanic bypass armor break/nullify immunity?
  • edited January 2023
    altavista said:

Does Knull/Yondu armor buff removal mechanic bypass armor break/nullify immunity?

His armor break, no. His armor pilfer, yes (Yondu, don’t know about Knull)
  • edited January 2023
    (Whoops did a reply instead of an edit ignore this message)
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,992 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Knull will work because his Living Abyss debuff removes armor up buffs and is not considered a nullify. Importantly, when the opponent has an armor up you’ll want to hit with a medium into their block until the armor up is removed. That way you don’t risk taking any power burn damage.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★

With season 4 dropping today and allowing a lot more rank ups, which champions do you guys think will reign supreme in the new meta. Definitely some of my favorites are:

Thor, easy access to armor break, def interested to see how his damage is gonna be though
    Colossus, armor break immune to all but tech, so not many options to counter him.
    NIMROD, looks like hes gonna be an absolute beast, cant be armor broken, so only nullify has a chance
    IMIW, obvious reasons

Ive def missed a lot of the obvious ones, just wanted to name a few, but if you guys think of some others, or some really cool interactions feel free to post, i feel like this season is going to be the most meta defined so interested to know everyones thoughts

What u talking about? I can armor break Nimrod normally, in fact i use Medusa vs him a lot
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 226 ★★
    SuelGames said:

IMIW, obvious reasons

What u talking about? I can armor break Nimrod normally, in fact i use Medusa vs him a lot
    Because the armor breaks do not remove his armor. So he will still be able to power burn you. Until you get to armor shattered, then you might be good. But it might be hard to get to sp1 with being power burned every hit.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★

SuelGames said:

IMIW, obvious reasons

Because the armor breaks do not remove his armor. So he will still be able to power burn you. Until you get to armor shattered, then you might be good. But it might be hard to get to sp1 with being power burned every hit.
    Ahh that explains, ty
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    All I know is Falcon is getting banned every time I see him.
  • AllnamesbetakenAllnamesbetaken Posts: 118

There's gonna be sooooo many posts about how awful this meta is going to be from lower players who don't have enough champs for it.

I plan on being one of the first lol, not that im complete low end, but def cant compete with all the laragons ive been put up against. This meta is def gonna take any chance of winning with skill away

Rohit_316 said:

Wicket329 said:

Civil warrior gonna get slept on, he is definitely gonna time out some people

If you aren’t bringing a power burn immune champ or a mystic with easy access to neutralize or fate seal to that fight, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Personally, I’ve ranked up Man-Thing (armor break immune), Sasquatch (armor break immune), and Thing (armor break AND nullify immune) as defenders for this meta. I also took up Howard the Duck as an option for either side of the line.

It’ll be interesting whether people prioritize banning attackers or defenders this time around.
    Victory Track shouldn't be that restrictive . People with a grt roster can defo counter it but imagine new players trying to push this season . They gonna have a bad bad time . Modders will also be an issue.
    modders will be an issue regardless of the nodes.

and people with not so great rosters will be fighting ppl with not so great rosters so they will have equal chance of getting to GC
    The matchmaking is far from perfect, at the time of having 3 r3s last season, had to go up against paragons with full decks of r3s maybe only a couple of r2s that were good defenders. I think this meta is gonna cause a lot of outrage and frustration.

Champs that reduce ability accuracy will help on attack.

MAGNETO, against metal champions, which a lot of armor up and break champions are, hes gonna rule

IamGrO_ot said:

VS bleed immune defenders, and prowess champs, he’s gonna shine 🧨💥🔥

Gang 😎

I don’t really do battlegrounds much so I didn’t rank him specifically for it, but it definitely doesn’t hurt that he’ll be good for it
    I admire the dedication, im about to get my first r4 and looking at this like man tf i gotta do to be able to just do stuff like this for fun
    SuelGames said:

IMIW, obvious reasons

Misphrased it, armor breaks dont remove his armors as far as i know, so armor breaking him wont help much

altavista said:

His armor break, no. His armor pilfer, yes (Yondu, don’t know about Knull)
    In the case of colossus and nimrod etc? I think it should, no? Living abyss or whatev removes armor, doesnt say nullify. Dont have knull to play around with but im thinking that it does.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Medusa being overlooked.