**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 2

Comments

• RemyRemy Posts: 1
    Rewards sucks, no tier 2 alpha
  • Sas72404Sas72404 Posts: 4
    Terrible, the rewards in chapter 1 are better than these and this one's even harder, good play kabams, your gonna get the game extinct
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike

What's the reasoning behind a rank up gem and not 5 basics and 3 class? I'm pretty sure the majority (including myself) would prefer the cats and not the gem.

To artificially extend the life of the game and to slow progression on the high end. No one who will be able to complete this quest really needs another 5/50 4*. Most who will complete this would on the reverse really need t2alpha and a 5* awakening gem.
  • Mel4747Mel4747 Posts: 1
    I just,wish this was for p4

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

What's the reasoning behind a rank up gem and not 5 basics and 3 class? I'm pretty sure the majority (including myself) would prefer the cats and not the gem.

To artificially extend the life of the game and to slow progression on the high end. No one who will be able to complete this quest really needs another 5/50 4*. Most who will complete this would on the reverse really need t2alpha and a 5* awakening gem.

Thanks, but I was kind of looking for an answer from kabam staff. I know what the community thinks of the choice to have a gem, and that's the conclusion I've come to as well.
  • jarredsaylesjarredsayles Posts: 14
    They should've ran with the event and rewards that. Chapter 2 sounded cool as hell then. I was excited. Now I'm just like meh, whatever Kabam.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    mutamatt wrote: »
    Nebula wrote: »
    I think people need to compare act 4 and act 5 chapter rewards. The act 4 chapter rewards are almost nothing

act 4 = act 5 now huh? People rlly need to lift their heads out of their... not gonna finish but if you want to compare I suggest comparing it to rtll instead. And this is supposed to be more challenging than that.

The chapter rewards in acts are nothing compared to the final rewards. Look at Act 1 to 4. The final rewards are always much better. I don't see why act 5 should be any different. The difficulty increase is big yes, but so is the increase in rewards from act four chapter rewards to act five chapter rewards.

People are acting as though each chapter is an entire act and seem to be forgetting about the final rewards. If each chapter reward was a lot better then it would just take away from the final exploration reward.

Look at act 4. Compare the difficulty of chapters 1 and 2. Not much difference. Therefore the rewards aren't much different.

Act 5 is completely a different story. Chapter 2 will be harder that rttl. Please think about this.

Rewards must be commensurate with difficulty.

It won't take away from the final rewards. The final rewards need to be even more epic.
    The point that nobody seems to understand is that the chapter rewards in any act are never significant regardless of the difficulty. Look at Act 4 chapter 3, arguably the most difficult content in the game when it was released, the chapter rewards are barely anything and yet nobody complained about the rewards. People complained about the difficulty but not rewards.

That's because back then people understood that the main reward that they would get for the work they put in now is the final rewards. And the reason people are complaining now when they didn't before is because kabam have hidden the completion/exploration rewards.

If the completion and the exploration rewards were visible we wouldn't have this problem. Because there was no problem with act 4.

"Back then" they showed us the final rewards for the entire chapter so people had some perspective. That is not visible here, and we know who we are dealing with.

Agreed, the final rewards should be shown. But then again, people should be patient and wait to see what the final rewards are.
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    edited June 2017
    Sooo... basically, you've amped up the difficulty, but somehow managed to forget to amp up the rewards ? Was everyone there think "hmmm, this is pretty difficult, lets give them worse rewards than ch1!" ? Pathetic.
  • ShmemberlockShmemberlock Posts: 68
    Don't feed into what Groundedwisdom is saying. That is formally Websnatcher from the old forums. He did not even complete Act 4 yet. Hasn't gained not even 1 Master title yet either. Not in an alliance anymore, because people in his old alliance, where he was the leader, wanted him out when they found out he was Websnatcher. Doesn't even have a rank 5 4 star either, but speaks like he has beaten LOL while wearing a blind fold. Players of his level should not, and I repeat, should NOT give feedback on hard content or the lack of rewards that come with increased difficulty. I'm not trying to attack this guy, but his forum presence is like a never ending toxic virus, that continues to spread.

Thx for the info. I hope ppl see the spam/abuse count and just ignore him. Either he works for kabam or is just a deluded fanboy. Not worth the time.
  • scottiebear69scottiebear69 Posts: 5
    I'm not planning on playing the last release so sure not gonna be playing this one. I pay too much money each week to be compensated with measly rewards!!!
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    As soon as Kabam introduced Challenger Rating and Diminishing returns, it made 4* stars obsolete. Take Black Panther, for example. His bleed triggers on critical hits. Since all opponents in AQ, Story and Master Event quest are 5* champions, a 5* BP has clear advantage over 4* version. If you add the fact that two instances of crit rate sinergies (e.g. Cap.America+SIM) don't enhance BP's bleed as much now with diminishing returns, 4* version gets even worse.

So anyone who is saying 4* are not obsolete is either kidding himself, or is trying to defend Kabam helplessly. Yes, newbies don't need 5* champs yet. But we are talking about Act 5 here and its' rewards, which should be geared towards 5* champs.
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    In addition to everything else that has been said, just wanted to throw it out there that players toward the top tier get the majority of these rewards on a weekly basis through AQ rewards, AQ crystals, arenas, SA, etc. For the relative level of difficulty, the rewards are hardly worth the time and potential cost to complete.

Additionally, no sort of awakening gem at all (ideally some sort of 5* version) is offered when even in chapter 1 a 4* generic awakening gem was awarded; that makes zero sense. Also, with the game leaning towards 5* being a necessity at higher tiers for AQ, AW, etc due to the challenger rating, offering a r4 to r5 rank up gem doesn't make sense either. This should be applicable to 5* as well and enable one to r2 to r3 a 5*. No one I know bothers to rank 4* anymore due to their relative uselessness these days.

Kabam, if you want to satisfy the player base, add significantly more 5* shards to the rewards to compensate the 5* crystals being flooded with champs now, add a generic or 5* awakening gem crystal, add some t2a shards, or some combination of the aforementioned rewards. I really hope the comments in this thread are taken into consideration because based on the looks of it you have absolutely zero support and enthusiasm for these lackluster and underwhelming rewards.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Well this announcement landed with a thud along with summunar appreciation
  • Nebula wrote: »
    I think people need to compare act 4 and act 5 chapter rewards. The act 4 chapter rewards are almost nothing

act 4 = act 5 now huh? People rlly need to lift their heads out of their... not gonna finish but if you want to compare I suggest comparing it to rtll instead. And this is supposed to be more challenging than that.

The chapter rewards in acts are nothing compared to the final rewards. Look at Act 1 to 4. The final rewards are always much better. I don't see why act 5 should be any different. The difficulty increase is big yes, but so is the increase in rewards from act four chapter rewards to act five chapter rewards.

People are acting as though each chapter is an entire act and seem to be forgetting about the final rewards. If each chapter reward was a lot better then it would just take away from the final exploration reward.

how do you justify chapter 1 rewards being better than chapter 2? Surely you cannot compare a generic awakening gem to the pathetic rewards of a random rank up ticket...

I will preface this buy saying I am with you that the rewards are severely lacking....BUT....that rank up gem is technically 5 t4b, 3 t4c and 2 alpha 1 cats.....just thought that needed to be pointed out.

Again....I'd MUCH rather have rewards geared towards 5* like most...
  • i havent strolled through much of the comments, but as a mid level player, regardless of rewards, as part of the game and as my duty to my alliance, ill still go through and try to complete chpt 2.
    Only content i cant do is LOL, so chpt 2 is a better challenge for my roster.

I hear the top players and fully understand thier frustrations. However some of us just want to be competitive further down the track, so we need to do any new content for any and all rank up rewards. Be it 4 or 5 star.

If kabam fold up, so be it, at least our alliance is having fun at being frustrated
  • Why did you pick those rewards?
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156

I will preface this buy saying I am with you that the rewards are severely lacking....BUT....that rank up gem is technically 5 t4b, 3 t4c and 2 alpha 1 cats.....just thought that needed to be pointed out.

Nope. They're much less useful than 5 t4bs and a 3 class cats because they can only be used ok 4*s, you can't choose to use them r3ing a 5* instead.

Also, because they're associated with a specific class they're more likely to entirely useless to specific players. Either because the player doesn't have a hero of a particular class they want to rank up or, as is typical in high level alliances, they have class cats they have use before they expire anyway.

I'm not sure what the exchange rate should be exactly but the rank up gem is worth waaaaay less than the raw rank up materials would be.
  • OsteotomeOsteotome Posts: 51
    Like everyone other post here is saying... Terrible Rewards. Scratch the 4* rank up, give us a t2a
  • Firesteel_BaronFiresteel_Baron Posts: 10
    These rewards are worthless to me. It's not even worth the time to complete. The focus of the game is 5* now, so anything geared towards 4*s is just a waste of time. Specifically, this harder content is geared towards stronger players, who won't have any use for the rewards. It's backwards. The rewards for ch 1 were better but you admit the content for ch2 is harder. Way to push away you're longest tenured and most financially invested consumers. It's like you are trying to get people to quit playing. You're continually sabatoging a great game. It has gotten worse with every change over the last 6 months. You're running out of time or opportunities to keep people interested......
  • Rewards are dreadful! Kabam will slowly lose top tier players.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike

To stall progression of our 5* champs
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

how do you justify chapter 1 rewards being better than chapter 2? Surely you cannot compare a generic awakening gem to the pathetic rewards of a random rank up ticket...

But if you're able to 100% act 5.2 you do not need to R5 another 4*. It's worthless to players who can 100% it, outside of arena fodder.

If it was on the exploration rewards I'd understand it a bit. Maybe a lower level player could grind out one lane in each section and being able to R5 another 4* would allow them to explore it.

Of course that would have forced KABAM to put a little thought into what their players go through and what their need are.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Rewards need to be proportional or better than the difficulty of the quest, this is just another disappointment. Do you think a player capable of completing this chapter needs more 4 star sig stones or 4 star awakenings? Cmon kabam, throw us a bone for once. Ever since 12.0 it's been disappointment after disappointment. :disappointed:
  • AgardAgard Posts: 2
    Be spending a lot when you got 4/45's than to those opposed, makes no sense. What does is there should be a 5* awakening gem, 5*crystal & t2a.
  • cytwbccytwbc Posts: 93
    Some of this looks like it could make some fun fights,

i agree with the majority here and say the rewards are wack.

there needs to be ALOT MORE 5* shards. a handful here and there was cool when the crystal didnt have alot of champs in it, now they are becoming alot like 4* crystals.

there should also be 5* awakening gem ( generic but would settle for a crystal)

at least 7200 t2a frags ( come on now the monthly master quest is easier and has 3600)

as the rewards stand now, im not even gonna touch this until im not the heroic and master monthly quest since they overall have better rewards and are alot easier to finish

• wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    PlasmaKing wrote: »
    Progression for veterans has been deliberately stalled by kabam for a long time now, they have been focused on building newer players up as fast as they can while burning veterans treasury with dull content which restricts and reduces rewards further. So I'm not surprised, greatly disappointed, but then we know that even though our investment has significantly helped kabam get to where the are now we aren't valued by them. Just look at summoner appreciation, those are in the main for those working on 4* squads. The only reason veterans might do the gold is boredom and at least it's something to do. T4b, t1a, t2a and such basics should be a part in some way of all milestones in this game whether areana or quest now.

Wow, so true.
  • FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    edited June 2017
    Here are some truths:

Dribble refers to a trickle of fluid or the term in basketball where one can legally move while possessing the ball

Drivel implies something is false, often conveying the notion that something is utter nonsense

Here is an opinion:

Wisdom implies a certain mastery of vocabulary that allows one to know the difference between words that at best could loosely be considered homonyms.
  • 4*