**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds Season 4 Meta [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    I found that Stark spidey is great to use as he just packs a punch if you dex

And on defense use people like civil warrior or colossus as both cant have there armor ups removed from stuff like stagger
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 568 ★★★

rcm2017 said:

rcm2017 said:

I am in the victory track. Why am I losing health, the node only says power burn?

Can someone help?

Power burn is literally a type, or probably more accurately a way to do, damage
    @Worknprogress Thank you. I was confused. Who are the good attack counters for this chitin charge and power burn node combo?
    Any armor break, nullify, fate seal, stagger, or AAR champs. Neutralize will be easier to use when hit me I dare you is updated next week to reset the counter to zero instead of staying at 10
    Thank you @Worknprogress . I will check it out.
  • Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 165 ★★
    Worst meta ever.....
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Because we have lives and want a slightly challenging but fun marches not to grind endlessly with ridiculous nodes that make it hell to advance even in the lowest levels
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    The node is so **** it’s bad for the game
  • HELLHEARTHELLHEART Posts: 2

This is the first time i got mad with this BG, i lost in all of my 3 fights rightnow, why? Because of the electric defense nodes. All i can do now is block all of my opponents attack.. Thank you for this kabam. Really, thank you.
  • HELLHEARTHELLHEART Posts: 2

This is the first time i got mad with this BG, i lost in all of my 3 fights rightnow, why? Because of the electric defense nodes. All i can do now is block all of my opponents attack.. Thank you for this kabam. Really, thank you.
  • RooookRooook Posts: 4
    Looks like you all just need to get good at the game
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Is it me, or does the same thing happen with each season of BGs.

In the first couple weeks, a vast majority complain about it the meta, the matchups, etc, but after that, those with bigger, more diverse rosters move up in the ranks, then those with the less diverse rosters stop complaining.

As someone who doesn't take BGs incredibly serious, I kinda like this meta. It's challenging for sure, but it's not impossible.
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 553 ★★★
    So I think its fair to say that the response to this weeks battlegrounds meta is mixed at best. but honestly, I kinda like it. It's not super restrictive and there are plenty of good attackers available.

In the past we've had weeks where the nodes don't really matter and its just a nuke contest. Thats not good.

But for this week where yes, it is restrictive, there are also plenty of counters. One of the big things about this gamemode is that you are supposed to reshuffle & constantly edit your deck to match the new metas. Without that core idea, everyone would just use the same / very similar decks and never make changes. Whats the point in that? Part of the fun (for me at least) is figuring out who does and doesn't work each week.

Just to put it out there, this isn't coming from someone with a massive whale account. I have 8 r3 champs & 16 r2, far from the strongest account and my deck is mostly 5*.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

In the first couple weeks, a vast majority complain about it the meta, the matchups, etc, but after that, those with bigger, more diverse rosters move up in the ranks, then those with the less diverse rosters stop complaining.

As someone who doesn't take BGs incredibly serious, I kinda like this meta. It's challenging for sure, but it's not impossible.

Not to this degree though, I've had no issues with any of the others seasons and while I don't necessarily lack the skill (if you can call it that) or the roster depth for this meta, I just Don't enjoy the overthinking this meta wants from me, I find no enjoyment in that unless I'm in endgame content or playing chess 😂
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Or you can read the nodes and bring counters. I'm not defending this BG meta as not a fan as many, however, there are many better options than just "blocking attacks".
    I agree that the nukefests are bad for it. Fair enough throw a week in here n there of it. They put a node in GC one of the season to do with crits, rendered the cheese options like AA/Torch ... (even herc to a degree) useless. They need more stuff like that, if that crit one didn't grant guaranteed crits from intercepting then it would of been pretty bad, likely about the same as this months meta. They should of added in something like an intercept remives 1 armour up or even reduce the timer of the armour up from 30 seconds to 10 seconds, the match ups are only 2 mins long, you get 2 combos in (20 hits) and you're waiting around for half the match for it to fall off ... unless you have a specific counter, which no doubt a lot of us have, however, you couple that with the RNG aspect in draft phase and you're doomed as you have no other workaround.

Basically this month is ....
    Have a specific counter to be in with a shot of winning.

No other workaround
  • StorminhuStorminhu Posts: 19
    JessieS said:

Because we have lives and want a slightly challenging but fun marches not to grind endlessly with ridiculous nodes that make it hell to advance even in the lowest levels

Get better. Either skill or roster?
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

mgj0630 said:

Not to this degree though, I've had no issues with any of the others seasons and while I don't necessarily lack the skill (if you can call it that) or the roster depth for this meta, I just Don't enjoy the overthinking this meta wants from me, I find no enjoyment in that unless I'm in endgame content or playing chess 😂
    I don't disagree with that, but I guess that's kind of why I'm enjoying it.

To give an example, I fought a Colossus yesterday, and made a completely bone headed move. I had Howard the Duck in my roster, who could have put on armor breaks and been a great counter, but because I wasn't thinking about it, I instinctively picked Nimrod as my attacker, and needless to say, I got wrecked.

I think the challenge, and needing to put some thought into it, is refreshing. We have arenas for mindless fighting that requires little to no thought at all.
    Storminhu said:

JessieS said:

Get better. Either skill or roster?
    Or save the headscratching steam blowing earholes for the endgame content? That's makes more sense
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    JessieS said:

Amen 🙌
  • Who decided that this was going to be fun for BG ?

I wanted BattleGrounds to come back so I could have some fun with all my new rank ups I've been working during this holiday break. It was a surprise to find myself with the worst BG season ever... Nodes are meant to make you find new ways to overcome them and win... BUT these nodes are meant to focus more on specific rosters than adapting your play style around them. You can build most of your decks to counter some of these nodes but then find yourself that the 7x champions you choose(Randomly) aren't the best and then seeing your opponent get the perfect 7x champs. I was so excited for this BG season but I think I will save my elder marks and skip this season...

Good luck to all of those that wanted to just have some fun on BattleGrounds !
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 393 ★★★
    People only mad because they don’t have the right champs last meta that was me still thought node was fair even if I’d lose more was fair and effected me and the opponent so benefitted from the node it took time for me to get to GC but just cause a meta doesn’t favor you don’t hate it
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,914 ★★★★★
    I HATE this meta and I HATE the matchmaking.

Garbage nodes and 15.8k+ only matches are AWFUL.

Stop it Kabam.
    edited January 2023
    mgj0630 said:

Mackey said:

mgj0630 said:

I don't disagree with that, but I guess that's kind of why I'm enjoying it.

To give an example, I fought a Colossus yesterday, and made a completely bone headed move. I had Howard the Duck in my roster, who could have put on armor breaks and been a great counter, but because I wasn't thinking about it, I instinctively picked Nimrod as my attacker, and needless to say, I got wrecked.

I think the challenge, and needing to put some thought into it, is refreshing. We have arenas for mindless fighting that requires little to no thought at all.
    I don't want mindless fighting, exactly why I don't play arena but I don't want niche either unless it's in end game content that is locked to those at the higher end of the player base, this isn't locked to the higher end so therefore shouldn't feature traits of endgame content. I enjoy a challenge but this isn't that, this is just infuriating 🤣, if they allowed you to remove an armour up by intercepting or landing a heavy then that would be fitting as it gives a workaround that isn't specific counters while not making it easy. Provides another avenue for those who don't have an extensive roster
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    You can try to reason with them all u want but they will only come up with 2 counters…it’s too restrictive and I don’t wanna rank up a champ for this meta who would be useless elsewhere but other than og Thor(who needs a lot of investment) none of the top options are champs that u wouldn’t wanna invest in

You can try to reason with them all u want but they will only come up with 2 counters…it’s too restrictive and I don’t wanna rank up a champ for this meta who would be useless elsewhere but other than og Thor(who needs a lot of investment) none of the top options are champs that u wouldn’t wanna invest in

And we can't reason with you as you just say "get good" or "build your roster" ...

2 sides to each coin lad 😉