**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds Season 4 Meta [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    yes
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,917 ★★★★★
    its awful

For those who like it, what's your prestige/total hero rating?

I'm guessing you're not fighting 15.8k+ only matches.

10.8k Prestige, overall hero rating 1.897 million. Have a deep roster of decent 5 and some pretty top 6 stars to pull from to try this meta. Matches if I lose in this meta are over faster, period, as long as I'm not encountering anyone hitting the pause to run out the clock that many of you recommend. Other metas I can wait for upwards of a minute/minute and a half for my opponent if I had a bad draw to finish. This meta, we're done roughly the same time frame from most matches. For me, that's a win.

Climbing the ladder is always frustrating at the beginning of any BG season, but we also had a ton of resources gifted to us at the end of last BG that means I have 20 some matches Kabam has paid for to try and get to the silver tiers if I can.

I have been back and forth on Battlegrounds in the past, but this meta rewards deeper rosters and those who play arena probably have some of the top champs leveled because they're the same problematic people you've encountered in arenas, just wwith some added ways to make the fights a little more challenging. It's not a meta for everyone, and if more people are dropping out because it's no fun, hey better rewards for those of us who power through it in the long run.
    So you're playing other 10.8K players and have a deep roster, which is so much easier than having to face 15.8k+. You have no idea what the slog is like for Paragons.
    Do some damage and hit the pause button and hope the bugs that are back get your opponent. Parry and dex are so out of whack it makes it awful. REALLY FUN KABAM!!
  • HomerJBondHomerJBond Posts: 118
    The cheaters are going to raze this game down to a pile of ashes. What’s the point of even playing competitively if there is rampant cheating? There isn’t any. Kabam is underestimating how important it is to punish the cheaters enough to make them scared.
  • Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 304 ★★
    most game die because of cheaters. BG is supposed to be the best game mode of this game now. and it's so frustrated to fight a modders. that's how a player start thinking of quitting the game
  • TheNewCommanderTheNewCommander Posts: 14
    edited January 2023
    It has been always a saying that ‘it is not for the environment to adapt you, it is you to adapt the environment’
    If you ain’t strong enough to play bgs, then you probably shouldn’t rly play it.
  • Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    This node is so bad I can’t really tell/don’t care if my opponent is cheating. Guess I’ll just auto fight a few fights here and there for minimum rewards.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 733 ★★★★
    The node combo is fine and I like the challenge it brings. But the power burn damage is just tooo much.
    Even if you dont have a counter and just play a fight straight up, you shouldn't lose more than 50% of your HP from power burn. Plus whatever damage you might take, you end fights at 30-40%. This still gives you a chance/hope to win the round.
    Another way to go, or even additionally, would be to reduce the duration of the armor from 30 seconds to 10 sec. 30sec duration in a 2 minute fight is stupid, cause you can't really wait it out.
  • ZolobacsiZolobacsi Posts: 91
    FiiNCH said:

And here come the complaint posts…

We’ve had weeks to prepare for these nodes. If you haven’t ranked up champs to counter them then that’s on you.

You say it like everyone has unlimited recourses :D "You need them for other game modes" sure, but not 10-15 of them. Most players don't have more than 3-4, 2 won't come in the choice, 2 get banned and you can't do nothing. If it wouldn't be enough that there is still sandbagging, still full of cheaters, the meta kills that little bit of joy that left in this game mode.
  • mattressmattress Posts: 404 ★★
    edited January 2023
    As a mid tier cav player I feel like I don't have the roster to even compete. Seems way more tailored to higher tiered players with developed rosters. Not overly concerned cause I'll just sit this season out but it seems like a good way to turn off a lot of lower accts in the game mode, especially in VT.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 812 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    I'm going to bed before I rank up my red goblin lol....that's this meta in a nutshell
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    mattress said:

As a mid tier cav player I feel like I don't have the roster to even compete. Seems way more tailored to higher tiered players with developed rosters. Not overly concerned cause I'll just sit this season out but it seems like a good way to turn off a lot of lower accts in the game mode, especially in VT.

Its feel like i can barely cross silver 1
  • BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    The rewards do not justify ranking up rubbish champions just for one month's use.
    I'm sitting this one out.
  • Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Posts: 139
    Yeah I'm just gonna sit over here for a month and wait for this meta to be done.
  • Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Posts: 139
    The only counters I have are 4* and below lol
  • Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    i like it personally because now it is just skill based not roster based though i get why a lot of people dislike it cause i keep beating people with 8+ r4 while i have 3 etc. but it is defiantly fun if you are not matching with weaker players and lose to them cause if you dont mess up at all you win like i win matches with 10% left on my champs hp and so on which def ups the hype and intensity of games for me also it is very challenging so it is great for me
  • Mario33Mario33 Posts: 477 ★★★
    At least they should reduce the armor duration. Its to easy to get armor but so long to get rid of it. Or maybe intercept should nulify the armor
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Unless you have the right counters and a deep roster this meta is terrible. Skill doesn’t matter. Plus you get screwed on RNG when choosing from your deck…

I’m not going to bother with season 4.
  • Mario33Mario33 Posts: 477 ★★★
    I think at least they should reduce the armor duration or intercept should nulify the armor.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Yes because my 6* Howard the Duck is now my bottom b on d.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    When this season is over, I would really like for Kabam to share the scoring with us compared to other seasons. Average winning score. Average losing score. Standard deviation for each. I think it’d be fascinating to compare. There’s nothing inherently wrong with low scoring metas…until scores are so low that pausing is better than fighting, or fights have a “point of no return” that quitting earns better results. These armor up buffs are so long that they incentivize surrender, just like the power gain meta where they’d hit special 3 easily.
  • JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 394 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

The people saying “get a deeper roster” really miss the fact that Kabam isn’t offering a guaranteed return on investment for these rankups. The meta might not return for months, if at all. I’ve got 9 r4 champs, 37 r3, and another 14 r2. Thats an average of ten champs per class before you get to 50 max 5-stars (35ish of which are not ranked as 6-stars). If I’m ranking a bad champ to fit a niche node for a 4-week window, the value of that champ might be zero after a month. Meanwhile, I pulled real champs on cyber weekend that I’m still ranking and I’m hoping for some of the new featured champs.

I completely agree! Resources, especially right now in the games current economy, are way more valuable than being able to drop resources ranking up a champ I won’t use otherwise.

I’d much prefer to rank someone I can use in more metas, and more pieces of content, like the Hercules I pulled from the banquet abyss nexus.

While I understand that is a matter of my own personal priorities, I believe it also reflects a lot of the lower level community.

We’re just not in a place economically to support a more endgame-centric meta like this.

Excited for next season!

Jinx
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Nocko said:

The problem as i see it is for the VT, this meta is simply too restrictive and places far too much emphisis on a very specific roster and then RNG in the draft process

I think this is a good learning opportunity for Kabam. This is not a VT meta, this is not what the majority of casual players want to deal with. If you want to do this, put it in the GC, where the big boys want to play and compete for the top rewards. I dont think this combination is out place there. But this is not the place for it.

The more i play it the more i think this is really a big time swing and miss by Kabam.
    And im winning more than i lose and am progressing through the VT at a rate im OK with. But we really need to developers to understand the player base that enjoys this game mode and is enjoying it casually, which i think is the majority, and then those who are competing for the top 100-200-500... Forcing casual players to deal with this level of specificity is simply not reasonable.

It’s the variant 8 of metas. Cleverly designed restrictions but inappropriate for the target audience.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Those of you saying you liking the nodes, doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck for some. As I said earlier, last season was the worst out of the first 3 seasons for me. Overall (meaning not all weeks, but combined) the node combinations were bad. And already in victory I’m experiencing what I did last season a lot in gladiator’s circuit. I’m not exaggerating when I say about 70% of my opponents are quitting before the match is over, and that sucks…round 1 and they quit.
    Question: Will I still gain points when opponent quits the match?
    I added someone and they apologized for quitting the match which got me thinking.
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★
    When does this node go away? Is it here for the entire season or is it here for like a week? Helps me determine how long I won't be playing Battlegrounds for.
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    edited January 2023
    Even more Colossus with that power burning node with damage
    (translated from portuguese)