**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spend 6* Mutant AG on Deadpool?

ChobblyChobbly Posts: 840 ★★★★
edited January 2023 in Strategy and Tips
So, here’s the conundrum.

I pulled a 6* Mutant gem from the Banquet rewards and have Kitty (r3), Archangel (r1) and Apoc (R1) as possibles. However, there is one more option - I’ve got a 6* R1 unawakened Deadpool.

All of the rest can be duped naturally but Deadpool can’t for obvious reasons. He would be a unique rank up with some pretty nice continual Regen. It might also be useful for Back issues #8 alongside my BWDO, and any Deadpool related event in future.

So, safe option of Kitty or AA, or wait for them to be duped naturally and go for the Merc with a mouth?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    Kitty.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,914 ★★★★★
    Kitty
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Archangel
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
    I would just say to hold it till you really really need it, the question here is, using that AG will make any difference right now to your acc?
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    If you want to spend a precious AG for just one and off variant, do it. If you like the character so much, awakenen him and even r4 him. But if you don't you won't be using him at all after this.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 840 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Jefechuta said:

I would just say to hold it till you really really need it, the question here is, using that AG will make any difference right now to your acc?

It won’t massively, tell the truth. Any of the other class AGs would have gone straight on certain champions (NF, Peni or Omega Sentinel, Hyperion etc) but the Mutant class has so many options and I’ve been lucky to dupe the three I really care about (Bishop, Emma Frost, Colossus).

I know Kitty is the sensible choice, as I have an (unduped) Tigra I can run her with.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,157 ★★★★★
    I'd say Deadpool. And then please put him in BG too when I face you.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 840 ★★★★

I'd say Deadpool. And then please put him in BG too when I face you.

Funny - although if there’s ever a meta in BG that improves Regen Rate or healing he could be awkward without a counter.

I’ll probably go Kitty (as I’ve already got a maxed 5* AA) but was intrigued with the idea of using the gem on someone who can’t be duped normally.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 898 ★★★
    With your logic, maybe save that for Weapon X then? If you are going to do EOP, then I suggest you awaken that Kitty. Maybe also wait for the objectives before you use that gem? So jealous, I opened 3 AGs so far and all 3 are science…