**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

A first and a last for me

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,660 ★★★★
edited January 2023 in General Discussion
So decided to try an experiment this week and go in for the 6* Hood arena in a relatively serious way. I’ve been trying to dupe my 6* hood for a long time and figured he is old enough/underrated enough that there wouldn’t be too much of a feeding frenzy. I came out of the Banquet event with more units than expected so figured this would be a good time to experiment.

Generally just used my roster and did some max grinding, but I did do ~60 minutes of boosted play and revives to see roughly how many units you have to burn to put up a higher score.

I probably could have put up about another 4-5M by not bothering with the other arena. Guess I probably should have because of course this happened.

Live and learn I suppose - won’t do that again! Clearly I can’t pull down even an older 6* from the arena with my roster (which is pretty solid) and a bit of unit burn, so not going to be worth it to do so again. On a slightly positive note my 5* needed a dup as well so guess it wasn’t a complete loss.

Comments

• Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,819 ★★★★★
    Feel sorry for you for time you invested but yeah - was an experiment. Thanks for sharing !
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,660 ★★★★

there is no chance to midtier players to get 6* from arenas now. way too many whales and arena bots. more than 100 anyway

Yes agree. I suppose if there were more than 10 people botting and Kabam does a correction sweep like they did last year I might actually get him at some point. But they seem to be more focused on cheaters in Battlegrounds than cheaters in Arena these days.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,203 ★★★★

So decided to try an experiment this week and go in for the 6* Hood arena in a relatively serious way. I’ve been trying to dupe my 6* hood for a long time and figured he is old enough/underrated enough that there wouldn’t be too much of a feeding frenzy. I came out of the Banquet event with more units than expected so figured this would be a good time to experiment.

Generally just used my roster and did some max grinding, but I did do ~60 minutes of boosted play and revives to see roughly how many units you have to burn to put up a higher score.

I probably could have put up about another 4-5M by not bothering with the other arena. Guess I probably should have because of course this happened.

Live and learn I suppose - won’t do that again! Clearly I can’t pull down even an older 6* from the arena with my roster (which is pretty solid) and a bit of unit burn, so not going to be worth it to do so again. On a slightly positive note my 5* needed a dup as well so guess it wasn’t a complete loss.

I think Arena just needs a wash, right now 6* became way easier to get, so I dont think only top 100 should get the 6*.

This should be top 500 at least, and I think even maybe another bracket for the top 1% players aswell.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,660 ★★★★
    edited January 2023

Think you are right. At this point they probably are just going to wait for 7*s to come out, make them the top 100, and make the top 500 6*s.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You put up more points than I've ever done in an arena. Crazy that 110th gets you a useless 5* and 1k shards.