**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

One more meta like this one and people will get bored with the game

For people who explored all the quest content, aq being boring, and wars are only couple fights every 2 day - the most important content is now battlegrounds. And making the victory track the way where you have to use all the time just a few attackers, and where the victory is so often reduced to one side getting galan and the other not- made the best part of game boring and annoying. I just hope it will be a good lesson and creating such meta won't happen again.

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Everyone is playing with the same nodes. Not disagreeing with you, but what do you consider a node that makes people want to play versus one that makes people not want to?
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 372 ★★★
    So kabam should make it where the node is pointless so people don’t get mad at node makes sense because if we make it easy makes people happy I rather the challenge of having little counters to nodes then almost anyone working makes things way more interesting
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Not sure what the complaint is here.
    Power burn immune champions (only a few), nullifiers (a lot of mystics), and armor break champions (a lot of champions), and champions that do ability accuracy reductions (a few).

Edit: also, champions that hit into block (a few).

That is quite a lot of champions to pull from.

Sure, Galan automatically wins one round, but most Metas always have one or two champions that become OP from the nodes. And besides, just ban Galan, and your complaint is instantly solved.
  • Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★
    This season has the best nodes so far. You can't just brute force through the flights. You have to think of all the match up possibilities etc.
    I really hope next seasons have similar nodes.
  • RayMonDxRayMonDx Posts: 33
    Yeah turning bgs to arena makes mcoc great again.
  • LordIgorekLordIgorek Posts: 60
    altavista said:

Power burn immune champions (only a few), nullifiers (a lot of mystics), and armor break champions (a lot of champions), and champions that do ability accuracy reductions (a few).

Sure, Galan automatically wins one round, but most Metas always have one or two champions that become OP from the nodes. And besides, just ban Galan, and your complaint is instantly solved.

The complaint is that it is boring using over and over same champions. I can't ban galan as i have him high, and i don't have hulkling.

As other wrote it isn't like i win only with galan, the problem is one of us gets galan, the round is decided. Galan + aa or galan + mags depending on defenders and its straight win. Bwcv, falcon, even kingpin or valkyrie can also make a win but not so fast as galan and aa so its logical to use them when tou can, but it just makes it boring. Medusa was good at bronze or silver but higher nobody uses tech champs on defense so she's much slower.

Don't see in diamond II people using armor break champs on attack, or power burn immune (other than galan, i ban hulkling) - because they are too slow.

Sb wrote you have to think of possibilites on this meta- that's so far from reality comparing to other metas. In other metas you had to think through which choices would be best. On this meta the best are known and tou just choose without much thinking as the teams are now extremely repetable unlike previos metas. You just autopilot now.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Im ok with the nodes being the way they are. I’ve decided I’m putting all of my eggs into the Grandmaster Gauntlet is returning, there’s a new difficulty of SQ and EQ, and the grand EOP finale. I’ve gotten to Gladiators Circuit in each season, I’m good staying in silver II and getting the objectives this season
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

altavista said:

The complaint is that it is boring using over and over same champions. I can't ban galan as i have him high, and i don't have hulkling.

As other wrote it isn't like i win only with galan, the problem is one of us gets galan, the round is decided. Galan + aa or galan + mags depending on defenders and its straight win. Bwcv, falcon, even kingpin or valkyrie can also make a win but not so fast as galan and aa so its logical to use them when tou can, but it just makes it boring. Medusa was good at bronze or silver but higher nobody uses tech champs on defense so she's much slower.

Don't see in diamond II people using armor break champs on attack, or power burn immune (other than galan, i ban hulkling) - because they are too slow.

Sb wrote you have to think of possibilites on this meta- that's so far from reality comparing to other metas. In other metas you had to think through which choices would be best. On this meta the best are known and tou just choose without much thinking as the teams are now extremely repetable unlike previos metas. You just autopilot now.
    Eh.. I've won matches where i didn't have galan when the opponent did
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 485 ★★★
    I dont agree. I hate this meta and even went on a 12 match losing streak. That was before i rejigged my approach and stopped relying on the r1 power burn immune champs like red goblin who takes too long to ramp up.

Doing better now and actually playing more to improve. Have to understand abilities very well. Plus been forced to use falcon, symbiote supreme and hulkbuster more than i normally do. I also got and ranked Galan which I wouldn't have because he is a 5* but he may be taken to my aq and quest teams now when i get really good with hom