**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

ICE PHOENIX

Comments

• I have taken Modok out in one fight all day (7 times). Going back to 3.1 since I understood that Ice Phoenix had been fixed, she is Coldsnapping over 12k damage every fight for me. Is she still bugged?

Also, I requested compensation after round 1 as instructed on another thread and it was denied due to so many submitting for the same issue. I know many people who have already received compensation of various quantities of lvl 2 potions, lvl 2 team revives and 3-5 energy refills. Please address this so it is fair to everyone.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Nerfed2Def wrote: »
    Tell me now how 4 stars are still relevant. You must be a content creator monetized Youtuber. Must be nice to get by on super chats. Marks.

Um... they are still relevant because they’re still used by everyone all over the game. Less relevant certainly but still relevant. People are still putting up big numbers for them in the arena. But I agree that they will continue to grow less and less relevant
  • the6ththe6th Posts: 153
    With ice phoenix our skills are worthless lol! You need specific champ,spend units or atleast 4/5 5*s and M.O.D.O.K? He's a bs too he can block and took damage at the same time, he can even do a counter while blocking haha.. nice!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    4*s will never NOT be relevant. Some people may grow past the point that they focus on them. They're still valuable.

4* will never NOT be relevant...until they are no longer relevant. Awesome argument.

There's a difference between what people are focusing on and actual relevancy in the game. No rarity makes the previous ones obsolete. It's the general idea that 4*s are worthless now that 6*s are coming, that is blown out of proportion. Simply because 4*s are still very much usable, for a number of reasons. Big difference between what people are working on, and the actual value of Champs. No rarity nullifies the uses of the ones below it. It's all relative to what is needed and where people are at.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Hey everyone -

First off, I've merged two threads together on this topic. Secondly, I want to apologize for the frustrations this has been causing everyone, I was able to talk this over with the team and it sounds like her Sig Ability was higher than intended for the Uncollected Difficulty. Our teams were able to check into it and have since lowered the ability to where the damage will be more bearable over time for the fight.

Good to hear! :) And for those who already did their initial run, they can expect some form of compensation (some revives or something refunded)?

I’m godsmacked over here 😮 1st you acknowledge that IcePhoenix needs to be toned down & proceed to do so as well 👏 and now you’ve sent some compensation for players who did their initial run pre-nerf 👍 appreciate it 😎
    IcePhoenix is still a tough champ to beat, but if a noob like me can (almost) solo her with a 4* 5/50 SL & some small boosts (if u got them, why not use them), then you’re definitely on the right track, keep it going! 👍
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Why people keep mentioning regen champs if ice phoenix has HEALBLOCK!!!!! ($&(;,!’)

This node is pure Trash. I also submitted a ticket and no compensation.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    You can't compare it to ROL or the various acts where you improve and can do it. We are dealing with unavoidable damage and heal block. That takes away the skill factor. To be fair the super skilled will still take her down with low health remaining. So I guess that is the intended level of difficulty. The Collector requires revives too. You need revives to do the top content so save them or buy them I guess. But one thing this should teach is that you don't R5 4*'s. They can't handle the level of content being produced by Kabam.

This isn't the only content in the game. If you are saying 5/50s have no purpose in the game anymore, that's false. Ice Phoenix, however problematic it is, is just one enemy on an entire map.

My 5/50s still handle most of the content in the game, including so far most of the enemies I'm encountering in the uncollected maps. And different content tends to present different challenges. This past year we've had high difficulty content that rewarded defensive ability accuracy reduction, healing, power control, and high damage output. Ice Phoenix seems to require either the ability to shake off debuffs or the brute force ability to soak a lot of damage. If you decide to learn the lesson that you shouldn't bother with 5/50s anymore, that's up to you. But the players that didn't learn that lesson might have 5/50s like Rogue, or even Agent Venom which isn't considered a top tier champion, but would now be rewarding any player that doesn't just keep thinking that the only thing that beats content is brute force.

Also, Ice Phoenix is a different kind of enemy, but I wouldn't compare Ice Phoenix to RoL. I would compare player complaints about Ice Phoenix to the complaints previously made about RoL. Some are measured, some are not. Many people said that Scarlet Witch and Wolverine were ridiculous fights in RoL and should be toned down. At one point the *only* real counter to Wolverine was Guillotine or a mega-combo one-shot from Star Lord. There are more counters to Ice Phoenix today than there used to be for Wolverine back in the day. At the time many people said that was unfair. Today, those complaints seem quaint.

Which are the many counters to Icephoenix besides AB mephisto or Rogue?????

SL and Spark and who else?
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    so much crying. THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE HARD as well as for individuals whom have higher ranked champ(s). Please take a look at the rewards and compare it to the difficulty. You're winning, not kabam. If you're not good at intercepting then yes, it will be a difficult fight. Get over it.
  • Only way to beat Ice Phoenix is perfect run, and you cannot get hit once. Coldsnap will eat up 2/3 of Health alone from a 5* r4!
  • Still no in game mail with compensation
    Kabam where is my compensation? I fought phoenix on 12/06 and my champs dropped dead from an 18000 coldsnap
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Qwerty wrote: »
    Signum wrote: »
    RetroRocks wrote: »
    I believe the question is not if its hard, or if its possible, but the level of challenge.
    The boosted coldsnap on the node means with an average 4*5/50 that cant shrug off debuffs or get regen that the node is not possible without significant constant boring revive usage, even with a significant health boost applied.
    Personally I believe that's is a very frustrating experience and therefore the difficulty curve is wrong.
    If it wasn't a bullsh*t fiesta then I suppose no-one would have raised it as an issue.
    Simply an issue that lack of control from the player and associated indiscriminate death unrelated to skill level is frustrating and so not fun.
    Just ensure uncontrollable degeneration is not boosted by a node, same way that regen only works off base hero health, I believe this should be a change across the game.

I couldn't agree more, I have quit uncollected mode. I can't justify the rewards with my frustration. It's just not fun, and again we come full circle to needing 1 or 2 champs to do something. This is a recurring theme here that the developers have trouble grasping. Unavoidable damage is another one, albeit in some cases it's probably worth it. I.E. the collector, because your progressing the main story. But to have this kind of scam on an event quest is ridiculous.

mephisto, rogue, av, cb, any 4/55, probably most 3/45s, any 5/50 w/o class disadvantage will survive her cold snap.

the rest of that fight is up to you and how skilled you are. there are a lot of people who have 100%ed 3.1 without any items or very few items, far and away from any kind of scam.

I don't believe this is a true statement, I have 5* 4/55 sig level 99 majik and ice Phoenix took her out like she was standing still, have several 5/50 and same thing with them...it's ridiculous and not fun at all. I'm not one to pay to play (not saying I don't spend at times cause I do but not when it's not going to help the situation) not wasting money.

I had a 5* R4 Magik sig level 105 and I took on Ice Phoenix after the nerf and managed to kill her in one shot. If you took block damage, you might die before the coldsnap ends.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    I used 4* rogue after my first attempt through where I used a couple revives. She had about half health left after coldsnap, and this was pre nerf ice phoenix.
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    4*s will never NOT be relevant. Some people may grow past the point that they focus on them. They're still valuable.

That actually totally depends on which 4* is in question. Gwenpool, Voodoo, OG Deadpool, OGV, SL, Wolverine, etc. Champs like that still hold up in certain area's. I'll definitely agree to that!

Other 4 stars might be relevant for the level of content that you're playing, as they are definitely relevant for arena streaks. But, for end-game content & high tier players, they are really of no more. Just trophies & good for ratings. Still usable for easy stuff, though. I have 50 R5 4 stars, which 90% of them only get used for arena streaks. Us veteran players went through the same thing 3 years ago with 3 stars. As the game progresses, so does the difficulty of content, leaving certain tiered champs to lose their value. That's expected over time, though.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 298 ★★★
    WTF!! I used like 20 revives and this was a glitch! Game needs refund these ASAP
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    Ice Phoenix is still over powered .. she’s taking down 80% of the health with coldsnap..and you have to fight with only 20% remaining ....that’s a total bs
  • Eliot76Eliot76 Posts: 22
    She is easy with SL or AV. Only on the uncollected she is a Little Bit tricky.
  • Hey everyone -

First off, I've merged two threads together on this topic. Secondly, I want to apologize for the frustrations this has been causing everyone, I was able to talk this over with the team and it sounds like her Sig Ability was higher than intended for the Uncollected Difficulty. Our teams were able to check into it and have since lowered the ability to where the damage will be more bearable over time for the fight.

.....with so many similar issues lately i wonder whether updates go through QA at all or it just dumped on the production server for the whole comunity to do QA for you.
  • FlushFlush Posts: 108
    This is ridiculous kabam I'm still waiting on response from yous on compensation over icephoniex I've sent in two tickets few days ago customer service is joke I'll be dead in grave before yous ever get back to me about it and known how miserable yous are with compensation I'll get some **** lv1 health and revives when it cost me he'll lot more than that
  • CapWW2 wrote: »
    You can't compare it to ROL or the various acts where you improve and can do it. We are dealing with unavoidable damage and heal block. That takes away the skill factor. To be fair the super skilled will still take her down with low health remaining. So I guess that is the intended level of difficulty. The Collector requires revives too. You need revives to do the top content so save them or buy them I guess. But one thing this should teach is that you don't R5 4*'s. They can't handle the level of content being produced by Kabam.

This isn't the only content in the game. If you are saying 5/50s have no purpose in the game anymore, that's false. Ice Phoenix, however problematic it is, is just one enemy on an entire map.

My 5/50s still handle most of the content in the game, including so far most of the enemies I'm encountering in the uncollected maps. And different content tends to present different challenges. This past year we've had high difficulty content that rewarded defensive ability accuracy reduction, healing, power control, and high damage output. Ice Phoenix seems to require either the ability to shake off debuffs or the brute force ability to soak a lot of damage. If you decide to learn the lesson that you shouldn't bother with 5/50s anymore, that's up to you. But the players that didn't learn that lesson might have 5/50s like Rogue, or even Agent Venom which isn't considered a top tier champion, but would now be rewarding any player that doesn't just keep thinking that the only thing that beats content is brute force.

Also, Ice Phoenix is a different kind of enemy, but I wouldn't compare Ice Phoenix to RoL. I would compare player complaints about Ice Phoenix to the complaints previously made about RoL. Some are measured, some are not. Many people said that Scarlet Witch and Wolverine were ridiculous fights in RoL and should be toned down. At one point the *only* real counter to Wolverine was Guillotine or a mega-combo one-shot from Star Lord. There are more counters to Ice Phoenix today than there used to be for Wolverine back in the day. At the time many people said that was unfair. Today, those complaints seem quaint.

First of all, you've already named more counters to Ice Phoenix than Wolverine originally had. But second, almost any 3/45 or higher will survive the initial cold snap. The problem isn't the initial cold snap, its the second one. If you are clipped by SP1 at any time during the fight it is probably all over. So actually, while Rogue and AV are interesting counters and I intend to bring them the second time I fight Ice Phoenix, the champion I'm bringing in round two that I didn't have in round one is my 5/50 Daredevil. He's sig 99 and he will buy me out of the second cold snap. Once I practice up parrying and intercepting Iceman for a while, I'm going to see how Daredevil works against Ice Phoenix.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

First of all, you've already named more counters to Ice Phoenix than Wolverine originally had. But second, almost any 3/45 or higher will survive the initial cold snap. The problem isn't the initial cold snap, its the second one. If you are clipped by SP1 at any time during the fight it is probably all over. So actually, while Rogue and AV are interesting counters and I intend to bring them the second time I fight Ice Phoenix, the champion I'm bringing in round two that I didn't have in round one is my 5/50 Daredevil. He's sig 99 and he will buy me out of the second cold snap. Once I practice up parrying and intercepting Iceman for a while, I'm going to see how Daredevil works against Ice Phoenix.

good luck with that, my 5/50 GR survived that first cold snap with about 5-10% health left. i can't imagine the attack boost from the class advantage is going to let you survive anything.
  • Qwerty wrote: »

good luck with that, my 5/50 GR survived that first cold snap with about 5-10% health left. i can't imagine the attack boost from the class advantage is going to let you survive anything.

It will require health boosts to make work. Technically, I believe my 15k health Daredevil will survive the cold snap even with class disadvantage, but there's no health left to take a single blocked hit. But I think this is the fight where you might as well use those +health boosts I never use anywhere else. I'll probably stack +health and a +20% a/h and see how that goes.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I soloed her every run but 2 with Magik. Screwed up on 2 runs and had to finish her off with whoever. I agree with the unavoidable damage criticism but she isn't that bad
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    Not sure it has been answered. Why is Ice Phoenix mutant? Phoenix is a cosmic. So ice phoenix should be cosmic
  • rihoriho Posts: 14
    Not sure it has been answered. Why is Ice Phoenix mutant? Phoenix is a cosmic. So ice phoenix should be cosmic

uhh the same reason gwenperion is cosmic and frank strange is mystic
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    Hey everyone, sorry for the delay in response about compensation. I can confirm that anybody who fought Ice Phoenix on Uncollected difficulty, prior to her Signature Ability level being lowered, can send in a ticket to our Support Team to receive compensation. You can contact Support directly from the game's home screen by clicking the gear icon in the top-left corner and scrolling down to the button labeled "Support". Additionally, they can also be reached here.

So...I put in a ticket, and I received a very vague response from the customer support team. Bottom line is I'm still waiting for compensation. We aren't going to forget, Kabam.
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    I submitted my ticket on Friday, 12/8, and I received my vague response on Saturday, 12/9. It's now Wednesday, 12/13, and I'm still waiting on my compensation.

7dwcl94fvvum.png
  • Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    I did the first run when Cold Snap was OP. No compensation yet btw to go along with the vague email response. However I think she is still too ridiculous. My 4/55 Punisher 2099 only maintains around 20% health when the initial cold snap ends. A few blocks later and he is out. She should have been the final boss, not Modok. I take that back.. she should have never made it in the game. People say to use this character or that character but not everyone has those characters to use. Maybe 3 are good, one being Mephisto and hardly anyone has Mephisto.