**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Pause technique - promoted next level - BG

Google_340Google_340 Posts: 63
edited January 2023 in General Discussion

Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Keep doing it, won’t make it to GC doing it.

Why not?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Manup456 said:

@Demonzfyre Look up pausing BG in the forum and look at how many threads about this issue and and how far back it’s been going on and nothing has been done or even talked about by Kabam. Why hasn’t it been acknowledged or fixed?

I'm well aware of the history of it. Do you really think it's an easy thing to just remove the pause button and call it a day without knowing if there's knock-on effects from that? Be mad at the unskilled cowards who constantly have to do things like this because they aren't good enough for anything else. These are the leeches that ruin everything.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Why not just bring a deck of power burn immune/armor break/nullify counters? Even if you don’t think you’ll win the fight, you’ll do more damage than the opponent will if they’re just pausing
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Manup456 said:

@Demonzfyre Look up pausing BG in the forum and look at how many threads about this issue and and how far back it’s been going on and nothing has been done or even talked about by Kabam. Why hasn’t it been acknowledged or fixed?

I ask you because you find no fault in anything they do.

It has been acknowledged and have been specifically disowned by kabam. They're looking for a method to fix it. Just removing the paise button does nothing. You can just throw the game into the background for the same effect
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    I just took this season off my self because I rather not play than cheat because it’s cheating @Demonzfyre but until Kabam does something about it people will continue to exploit it. Then again if they didn’t create meta like the one we have now people wouldn’t need to do this for a win.

No way your gonna tell me all these people who are complaining about the current meta are wrong and the smaller percentage of people who like it are correct and Kabam knows and still does nothing about it.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    Tell me you want free rewards without working for it and have it in easy way rather improving skills and planning without telling me that you want free rewards without working for it and have it in easy way rather improving skills and planning.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Keep doing it, won’t make it to GC doing it.

Why not?
    I just made it to GC, out of my previous 25 matches I had 57 fights and only 5 of those ended with less than 15k points. You won’t make it GC pausing at 15k points.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023

Manup456 said:

I ask you because you find no fault in anything they do.

That is not true. I've been critical of them in the past but I refuse to fault a company because people find the need to play in this manner for which a mode is not meant to play as.

What they should do is have a mechanic that if you stay paused for more than 10 seconds, you get deducted points from your total.
    The way I see it is, there are those who started exploiting it to get better results and there are those who now do it because of how many of their matches are lost to these cheaters. While either way its not ideal and shouldn't be a viable way to score points I do see why people are now doing it more and more. "If you can't beat them then join them" sort of thing. I personally don't do it as I like to actually play the game plus i want a pause button in game to use when you genuinely need to pause but at this point it's not even the players fault anymore, it's Kabams.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Did anyone else notice dude put Galan on defense and spider ham on offense and paused out. Dude could've save himself two minutes of wait by using Galan on offense, not defense.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Yeah, this is not cool. Not at all.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

It's ridiculous how bad this meta is, people are getting more points by NOT playing lol

It's only like this for the lower players as for some silly reason matchmaking takes account size into account even though we all competing for same rewards.

Meaning, while these lower players are rewarded with wins by not playing, us bigger players have to score at least 45k while going against rosters of 15-20 r4s starting in bronze 3 and every league up.
    This pause technique would not work with the big boys, would lose everytime they tried it.

• UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 393 ★★★
    People high up can actually fight not have to be a coward to rank up
This discussion has been closed.