**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who's enjoying the 9 hit and pause meta?

2»

Comments

• MackeyMackey Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★

I think that has to be more common with the lower players as I haven't seen that even once in the Paragon level. If anyone tried it in the matches I've done, would be a guaranteed loss

"In the paragon level" ... is there a division just for paragon or something? I'm facing anyone and everyone with regard to progression
  • X_E_CutionerX_E_Cutioner Posts: 155
    It's not just you dealing with the nodes ... Your opponent has to deal with them too
    I am loving this ... It's tough for sure but it applies to both sides
    If you can't win against opponents ... Chances are you still wouldn't win if there are no nodes involved
    Been matching players with slightly better rosters than mine and I've only lost 4 rounds so far ( Plat2 ) .... It's all about understanding your and your opponents weakness 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

I think that has to be more common with the lower players as I haven't seen that even once in the Paragon level. If anyone tried it in the matches I've done, would be a guaranteed loss

"In the paragon level" ... is there a division just for paragon or something? I'm facing anyone and everyone with regard to progression
    Matchmaking is done by roster now, not fully sure it it's based on prestige, title, pi, but is based on something so the strong face the strong, the middle face the middle and the roster challenged face the roster challenged.

I've found nothing but stacked Paragon every single match starting in bronze 3. Very rarely does a score under 40k-50k+ win, which makes me laugh (and be annoyed) when I see people complaining about losing to 15k pause and time out.

Some of us have to fight 15-20 r4 6*s every single BG matchmaking starting in bronze 3.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    KLZ said:

i'm sure the unskilled are loving that meta.

I usually agree with your comments, but this one is so very wrong..
    Why? You think it's a skill to pause the match?
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,194 ★★★★

Mackey said:

Matchmaking is done by roster now, not fully sure it it's based on prestige, title, pi, but is based on something so the strong face the strong, the middle face the middle and the roster challenged face the roster challenged.

I've found nothing but stacked Paragon every single match starting in bronze 3. Very rarely does a score under 40k-50k+ win, which makes me laugh (and be annoyed) when I see people complaining about losing to 15k pause and time out.

Some of us have to fight 15-20 r4 6*s every single BG matchmaking starting in bronze 3.
    I actually hate the new matchmaking, its silly that my progress in the game means nothing in a highly competitive game mode when I have to constantly be facing accounts the same or higher than mine. Maybe 1 in 15-20 matches ill face someone who doesnt have 10+ r4 champs. Battlegrounds was so much easier when I was cav/TB. Being paragon blows
    Your progress in the Story has nothing to do with your progress in the game
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I don’t recall one person pausing for 15k points on my trek through VT.
  • KLZKLZ Posts: 134

KLZ said:

i'm sure the unskilled are loving that meta.

I usually agree with your comments, but this one is so very wrong..
    Why? You think it's a skill to pause the match?
    Sorry about that, didn't get the irony there :D
    Hope that Kabam fixes this exploit asap 🤞
  • ChrisPowellChrisPowell Posts: 102
    I had to completely rework my deck for this meta and bench some of my top champions. But it's been fun knocking the dusk off of other champs. The meta is tough, the attacker pool is greatly reduced but the defensive pool is larger. But I find challenging things fun, and my opponent have the same handicaps so it's not like I've been left in the dusk.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    I haven't been lucky in BGs - every match is against someone who puts up 30+ points or gets KO'd. I am not lucky enough to be matched with these 95% of players that are pausing the game after a few hits.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★

What an awful awful decision kabam just when battlegrounds was becoming a favorite of people u went and made it as boring and awful as possible if the goal was to ruin the season for 95 percent of players mission accomplished change the node name to 9 hit and pause

I wish I get matched against those 9 hit and pause players. I have counters to the nodes and a times it can get a little tricky with the time but if I beat their defenders I can easily win haha.
  • SwainbeatsSwainbeats Posts: 21

Rohit_316 said:

I hated this meta at 1st , lost couple matches too . Bit figured out my mistakes and in last 27 i have lost 4 matches . I ranked some in my roster which greatly increased my win rate . Just landed into Plat 1 . My alliance mates are still in silver lol .

I am happy that this is not just a nuke fiesta where champs like Hit monkey , cgr can blast through in no time.

People who learn and adapt will always be rewarded!
    I feel the same. I was turned off in the beginning, but I enjoyed battle grounds so much last season, I kept playing. I stayed in bronze 3 for about 3-4 days but it actually made me learn different champs instead of just trying to power through everything. I still don't love it but am enjoying it alot more than I did Day 1.
  • airmundoairmundo Posts: 145
    Rohit_316 said:

I hated this meta at 1st , lost couple matches too . Bit figured out my mistakes and in last 27 i have lost 4 matches . I ranked some in my roster which greatly increased my win rate . Just landed into Plat 1 . My alliance mates are still in silver lol .

I am happy that this is not just a nuke fiesta where champs like Hit monkey , cgr can blast through in no time.

Boasting about how quickly you got to Plat AND dissing your whole alliance in one post. In the words of Rohan LOL.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Am I enjoying the current meta? No, I don't think I am. I do think it is challenging, and honestly I haven't run into many pause maniacs myself - also, I am generally scoring more than 15k points so I kind of wish I was.

At the moment I find it more interesting than annoying. Barely.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Am I enjoying the current meta? No, I don't think I am. I do think it is challenging, and honestly I haven't run into many pause maniacs myself - also, I am generally scoring more than 15k points so I kind of wish I was.

At the moment I find it more interesting than annoying. Barely.

It’s a thin line, it’s worse in GC. I’m just doing my objectives and waiting for the nodes to change lol
  • Dragoon81Dragoon81 Posts: 147 ★★
    My little 12k Prestige alt just faced a guy with 15k Prestige, legends title and half a deck of R4. Then I chuckle as he uses the pause trick to win.
  • Took me awhile to get used to the the new season's nodes with me having to update my roster from last season's buff heavy meta, but eventually I chose to use my weaker but fitting champs and chose not to max them up just yet but they get the job done as defenders. As for attackers, now I have to use my newer champs which added variety to my roster. Also used Energy to practice instead of Marks
  • BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Posts: 136 ★★
    Guess you can’t celebrate diversity in this meta
  • Took me awhile to get used to the the new season's nodes with me having to update my roster from last season's buff heavy meta, but eventually I chose to use my weaker but fitting champs and chose not to max them up just yet but they get the job done as defenders. As for attackers, now I have to use my newer champs which added variety to my roster. Also used Energy to practice instead of Marks

Adding on to my earlier statement:
    Nothing is more annoying though than fighting a stronger opponent, but just pauses their fight against you
    Just fought someone who had a stronger roster than me, armor break immune defenders and power burn immune attackers. After my fights, they just paused 5 seconds in didn't even try anymore
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

That's odd then, I faced cav players a lot last season 🤷‍♂️