**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Returning player starting a new account after 2-ish years. What's new?

Hi guys, I'm thinking of returning to mcoc and wanted to know about stuff that's changed in the past years, I'm not talking about new champs or champ buffs since that info can be found easily online, I'd like to know about:
-New Game modes/New type of content
-Any reworked pieces of content
-State or Arena and Alliance content

I remember quitting mostly because of Arena and how time consuming/unfun it was. Is it feasible to get by without having to grind Arenas as a ftp? I was cavalier if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    In 2 years there is so much that has changed that it would be difficult for players to update you on that. I would suggest doing your own homework. There’s been like 30 buffs, reworked content nearly across the board, nearly 50 new champions…really just way to much to sit down and explain. I don’t want that to sound mean or like I don’t want to help, it’s just a lot to ask. Walk into playing as if everything is new and ask specific questions as things come. The community is here to help.

Regarding your arena question I will try my best to help. If you don’t NEED units for anything, then yes, you can easily get by without arenas. There’s enough units in the early game now to set a player up for awhile, especially one with experience. However, once you find yourself pushing through content with Unit-Man as your MVP then you will definitely need to fork out some cash or start running arenas. If you build your roster well before pushing content it will reduce your need for units and really eliminate any need for arenas.
  • Adagio_78Adagio_78 Posts: 3

In 2 years there is so much that has changed that it would be difficult for players to update you on that. I would suggest doing your own homework. There’s been like 30 buffs, reworked content nearly across the board, nearly 50 new champions…really just way to much to sit down and explain. I don’t want that to sound mean or like I don’t want to help, it’s just a lot to ask. Walk into playing as if everything is new and ask specific questions as things come. The community is here to help.

Regarding your arena question I will try my best to help. If you don’t NEED units for anything, then yes, you can easily get by without arenas. There’s enough units in the early game now to set a player up for awhile, especially one with experience. However, once you find yourself pushing through content with Unit-Man as your MVP then you will definitely need to fork out some cash or start running arenas. If you build your roster well before pushing content it will reduce your need for units and really eliminate any need for arenas.

Thank you. That sounds like good advice, I'll try and play around with things myself and see what's changed
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    Go to your phone settings, open apps, find mcoc, click uninstall.

Take the 10 days (allowing for sleep time) you get back over the next year from *not* playing this for half an hour a day and do something meaningful with your family, friends, career, health, fitness, eduction...

That aside, the game hasn't changed much. Find a decent, mid map AQ alliance (4 or 5, don't bother with higher), try out battlegrounds, focus on a one time clear of act 6, then never do it again, go straight to act 7 and 8, which are genuinely fun content.
  • Adagio_78Adagio_78 Posts: 3
    Kabam Jax said:

Welcome back @Adagio_78 !

Your fellow forum users are right, there have been a lot of little changes throughout the last two years, and plenty of new champs added (23/year). It's difficult to put into words.

However, I would say that the biggest additions recently, that would be a far cry from what you experienced in the past, would be the two new game modes.

Battlegrounds is a new PVP mode that is the closest we've gotten to a 'live competitive' mode, drafting defenders for your opponent to fight against and choosing champs to take them down in a best of three competition. And solo incursions: the same incursions mode that had so much potential, but you no longer have to be handcuffed to a partner to be able to progress!

Hope this helps.

That's very helpful, thank you
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Why wouldn’t you just start playing with your old account?
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Posts: 91
    If I recalled correctly arena format and rewards has also changed, which I very much prefer after getting used to it
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Why wouldn’t you just start playing with your old account?

Some maybe like a fresh start?
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 194 ★★
    edited January 2023
    I re-started the game in october, after stoping two years so I explain my process.

As they have said, they new mode game I needed to learn was Battlegrounds which is OK.

Incursions have solo mode, which I prefer as the friend who I used to play with didn't make my mistake of coming back.

AQ has no nodes which makes it easier to play (at least map 5 and 6).

There are some new champions that now can do nearly everything (Herc, Kitty), and some that were trash that now are great (KingPin, Diablo, Hulkbuster,...)

During this months, I finished all variants. I found ACT6 a little easier (it's been nerfed) and I'm kind of exploring it, while I save units and revives to be TB as I'm having REAL trouble with the collector.... :(