**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Since the update, lag is TERRIBLE

2»

Comments

• Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Danny wrote: »
    So if it is down to we’re all playing on 2nd rate iPads and iPhones as you expertly point out then vayne then kabam should be posting a warning with a minimum spec and usage and telling people their game will only be able to run on the very latest hardware ..thus stopping people downloading their useless app and wasting money on it....
    Nice one vayne think there’s loads of us entitled to cash back becaus3 kabam has failed to inform us that the game won’t run on anything but the latest gizmos....hmmm bit like the proper pc games do....

My God! Now, the fact that people use older devices and/or slow internet etc is actually Kabams fault. Is anything at all that you decide to do actually down to you???
    edited December 2017
    [/quote] @Etaki_Lirakoi
    ]

You were calling Kabam out for "not fixing the lag" without considering that there are thousands of reasons why different people get lag or not at any given time. When people try to explain this to you, you ignore it and call it rubbish! You simply say Kabam should fix the lag, even if they dont cause it at all and have no way of fixing it

Insane

• Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited December 2017
    @Etaki_Lirakoi
    ]

You were calling Kabam out for "not fixing the lag" without considering that there are thousands of reasons why different people get lag or not at any given time. When people try to explain this to you, you ignore it and call it rubbish! You simply say Kabam should fix the lag, even if they dont cause it at all and have no way of fixing it

Insane

[/quote]
    ... why did you tag me? This has nothing to do with what I asked you and I haven’t said anything like this in the thread.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Most of my vids are taken fully charged, after just turning on my device. No background apps running; no notifications..... and no issues with any other apps. Your guarantee is hollow.
    But you are not taking into account many of the other possiblites that it can be; Age of the device, network connectivity, viruses, general hardware issues, general OS issues, the list can go on.

For example, there was a glitch going around with some of the iOS users lately that the game would pop up as a black screen in certain areas of the game. A few of our alliance members was effected by it for at least 2 days until Apple tossed out an update to fix this. You better believe though when it first happened, kabam was getting a mountain full of swear words, but in the end, not their fault.

Also Kabam does have a page somewhere for minimal requirements for the game to run, I remember seeing it in the past, dont know what it is now, but maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea for them to take a look and bump up that requirement list. The issue is, I can only image the amount of complaints pouring in from people who wouldn’t be able to play anymore.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Lightvayne wrote: »
    Here is the problem with solving this issue; That type of lag is not visible on every device. I’ve been playing this game for years now on multiple devices and I have never seen that type of issue before, and still have not.
    Apple products are notorious for having low ram and other various issues. I can guarantee your issue (and a lot of ones like it) is device related.
    There are thousands of different type of phones and tablets and only 2 different version of the game: iOS and Android. If you are on an older device or a device with a lot of **** running in the background or they system itself in general is just built differently (android phones are notorious for this) then maybe you need to switch to a better device.

Most of my vids are taken fully charged, after just turning on my device. No background apps running; no notifications..... and no issues with any other apps. Your guarantee is hollow.

man, read the replies where people try to explain the literally 1000s of things involved that could cause a lag whenever you play. Its not as simple as saying Kabam is causing this, you would literally have to be mad to believe that! And then is also the question, why would Kabam cause lag on purpose to lose customers and income?

Just a few of the many things that can cause this, from one minute to the next!

Causes of Lag on Internet Connections
    The latencies of Internet connections fluctuate small amounts from one minute to the next, but the additional lag from even small increases becomes noticeable when surfing the Web or running online applications.

The following are common sources of Internet lag:

Internet traffic load: Spikes in Internet utilization during peak usage times of day often cause lag. The nature of this lag varies by service provider and a person's geographic location. Unfortunately, other than moving locations or changing Internet service, an individual user cannot avoid this kind of lag.

Online application load: Multiplayer online games, Web sites, and other client-server network applications utilize shared Internet servers. If these servers become overloaded with activity, the clients experience lag.

Weather and other wireless interference: Satellite, fixed wireless broadband, and other wireless Internet connections are particularly susceptible to signal interference from rain. Wireless interference causes network data to be corrupted in transit, causing lag from re-transmission delays.

Overloaded router or modem: Any network router will eventually bog down if too many active clients are using it at the same time. Network contention among multiple clients means that they are sometimes waiting for each other's requests to be processed, causing lag.

Similarly, network contention occurs on a residence's modem and connection to the Internet provider if saturated with traffic: Depending on the speed of your Internet link, try to avoid too many simultaneous Internet downloads and online sessions to minimize this lag.

Use of wireless: Enthusiast online gamers, as an example, often prefer to run their devices over wired Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi because home Ethernet supports lower latencies. While the savings is typically only a few milliseconds in practice, wired connections also avoid the risk of wireless interference that results in significant lag if it occurs.

Yes, there are lots of variables. I'm not disputing that. All I am trying to do is show the problems I encounter and have encountered for years, probably since AQ came out. Others in my alliance and on these forums have been talking about very bad lag for some time.
  • DannyDanny Posts: 42
    So now it seems after every update my internet connection has suddenly broken down (funny because when downloading on pc ping is low and stutter none existent)my almost new iPad Air can’t handle the intense updated graphics or the WiFi connection is breaking down...and all this happend after I pressed the update button...of course I should of guessed ,nothing to do with kabam and there update ...it’s apple and everything I do......
    If a process is running ok without glitches and then you update that process and that’s the only perimeter that’s changed hmmm I wonder what could of caused it...
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    I’m assuming its your 4 year old device, that once again, can’t handle the ever growing, heavily resourced, graphically enhanced game that is only getting bigger with each update.

Thank you for completing my argument full circle.

*drops mic and walks away*
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Don't u know?

Challenge = lag.

This is a game of over coming lag, not a game of skill.
  • MrMojoMrMojo Posts: 97
    edited December 2017
    iPhone6 and lag has been ridiculous the past 4-5 weeks .
    edited December 2017
    Lightvayne wrote: »
    I’m assuming its your 4 year old device, that once again, can’t handle the ever growing, heavily resourced, graphically enhanced game that is only getting bigger with each update.

Thank you for completing my argument full circle.

*drops mic and walks away*

My 4 year old device had the same issues lag issues 2-3 years ago.

Bye
    edited December 2017
    IPhone6 vid.

Game freezes and messes up my timing , preventing me from evading the heavy attack.

https://youtu.be/9ufuGF3L1N8
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I'm not sure whether or not it make sense, but someone explained to me those problems have the next cause.

In last versions this app is downloading the data in the device memory (or internal storage?) instead the external storage and it's causing now (an increased) lag and stuttering.

I'm not sure if it's truth and I don't know if I'm remembering well his hypothesis, but I guess this change was since half-GB of data are being downloaded after every update.

What do you think about this? Make sense?.
    Can developers check this hint?.

I guess it could explain why some people is having this problem harder than others, maybe because some devices are saving this data in that diferent memory or because some devices are worse than others reading intensively that memory.
    edited December 2017
    TheBlet wrote: »
    Wrong. When u produce a game u colaborate with Apple, Samsung, etc to fix the issues. All they would need to do is get an iPhone 6, debug the game, and go thought the logs to see what caused the lag in the time stamps. Sure it might take awhile and it might not be easy to get it right, but that’s what engineers do for a living.

Why do you think Xbox one or ps4 games work? Because ea, activision, etc collaborate with Microsoft and Sony to produce a game that works as expected. They don’t blame it on “oh you have a two year old console that’s why it sux”.

Either they fired all the kabam devs, and netmarble devs don’t know what they are doing, or netmarble execs want the game this way for their profit margins. It all started after the merger.

Gonna be a sad day when everyone quits the game and they have no profit

So Kabam need to do this for every single device, no matter how old? Not just the phone you have. Literally get thousands of different devices and reverse engineer them so the game runs faster on them, even if they are 6 years old and were sh@t when they first came out? So, never mind the literally hundreds of millions of pounds and working hours this would cost, when this is done, and someone uses a device using shared wifi with 5 other people, at 6pm when there is a national spike of people logging in, and a thousand other outside factors that affect lag, and you still get lag, what then?

Xbox and Microsft use ONE platform for their games, not really a fair comparison at all? But, latest COD, £500 million budget in a closed testing environment, up to now has issued 42 patches to fix lag and bugs? Kabam, with much less budget I would think, is updating the game monthly at least in a live environment with 50,000,000 people playing the game as they do so, all playing on 1001 different devices and OS. So, yeah, not even a comparison at all

As for people leaving the game and Kabam making no profit, when the game is the No1 worldwide and also no1 grossing, so that may be a while away yet. And you think this because YOU have some lag, not everyone. I have loads of it, but im on a 3 year old device so my fault. Cant you at least accept the notion that not all lag is Kabams fault, that many factors affect it? When they do see lag they caused, they issue a statement like they did today and try to fix it asap like they said they would today

So, all in all, a pointless and quite silly post

Game is down...

oh, but it must be my device, right Kabam defenders?
  • _noyes_noyes Posts: 51
    @Dave_the_destroyer the lag has steadily gotten worse, with little to no update to fix it in over 2 months. Why are you so hyped up on defending this? What do you stand to gain?
  • I am running an iphone 8+ with fast wifi - it's not my device. I didn't have any lag, parry or block issues until this latest update. Now, my characters whiff, miss blocks, miss parries, evade when not instructed or the specials simply don't work. It's extremely frustrating.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Hey guys. The team is aware of the issues you've reported and are looking into it. This thread has devolved and isn't constructive at all, so I'm going to close it out. Please consider this thread to be the home for comments about these issues, and please keep your comments constructive. I've been relaxed about what I've let slide because I understand these issues are frustrating, but it's getting out of hand. Comments about anniversaries of issues don't help anyone.
This discussion has been closed.