**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The difficulty increase is ridiculous

Comments

• Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners!

tldr: The team is actively discussing this topic, we're hoping to know more soon.

When we announced Thronebreaker difficulty was coming to the contest, we also announced there would be a rework to all the other difficulties as well.

We've received a lot of feedback that the new difficulties feel overtuned, and is something I've experienced as well; it's something we have brought to the game team.

The increase in difficulty is fine as long as the reward increase is equal in comparison. Also, with the addition of a new difficulty it feels like we need to choose between getting rank up materials/crystal shards (Uncollected, Cav, TB) or units (Contender, Proven, Conqueror). The added energy requirements plus the energy needed to complete the side event seems like there is no way to complete everything like we used to. Can we get lower energy requirements for Chapters 2 and 3 in Contender to 1 energy per tile for chapter 1 and 2 energy to chapter 3 and then change chapter 1 for Uncollected difficulty to 1 energy. This would be more in line with how the energy requirements were before cavalier difficulty was introduced.
  • HaamertailHaamertail Posts: 109
    Overtuned is an understatement. The first uncollected boss went from 61k HP to 142k.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners!

tldr: The team is actively discussing this topic, we're hoping to know more soon.

When we announced Thronebreaker difficulty was coming to the contest, we also announced there would be a rework to all the other difficulties as well.

We've received a lot of feedback that the new difficulties feel overtuned, and is something I've experienced as well; it's something we have brought to the game team.

Thanks for the update @Kabam Jax. Hopefully there will be some clarity and a way forward with this issue. It would be nice if something could be done for the current EQ but that may be a difficult ask.
  • CazCaz Posts: 3
    I started my first legends run with a 3-4 hour window to work with and the boost in PI/Health in Proven and Conqueror absolutely screwed me. Any chance I can get my boosts and energy refills back so i can try again without having to fight roided up 3 stars lol
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★

Shamir51 said:

Searmenis said:

Jwagg said:

Wozzle007 said:

For context, if you had a roster that could easily auto fight previously but now can’t, imagine what it’s like for those who previously could complete each month, but only by a little. Or maybe with a revive or two. This isn’t about Paragon and Thronebreakers who can’t auto fight the Master Equivalent quest. It’s about conquerer and low level uncollected who now can’t get through.

Which they will grow into.
    They won't grow at all now because they can't complete things now that they used 100%, new people will just quit increasing the timeline for the death of the game.
    New people will grow and adapt, the same way we grow and adapt, and have done since the beginning of playing. If we all quit the second we couldn't do something 100% the day that it came out, there would be no game. This game has had an infinite number of "deaths", pretty much everytime something comes along that people are uncomfortable with. Life goes on, and so will the game.
    When we grew and adapted in the "beginning of playing", the difficulty was compatible with skill and rosters at that time and level of progression. At the moment, it is not for newer accounts, if they were skilled enough, they would have been at least Thronebreakers already. But, they are good enough for Uncollected.

... Or so they thought...
    It is infinitely easier to get ahold of 5* and 6* shards now- and that's a fact.
    That’s like 25% of the equation and doesn’t really come into play unless all the boxes are checked regarding higher level content. Yay. A UC got a 6 star groot. With no 5 or 6 stars with a compatible synergy. Or no duplication. Etc etc. not to mention skill development.

There’s very few single champs that break the entire game on their own. Champ acquisition by itself as a standalone still requires a significant amount of other variables.
    Skill development is absolutely a part of the equation. Probably the most important part.

But how do you get skills? By using 3* to complete act 4 or by steamrolling act 4 using 6* or 5* at rank 4 and up? Greater access to higher rarity champs at lower levels is exactly why rosters progress but skills don’t. As someone with a mini account at level 40 and a few 6* (courtesy of GBC’s and GGC’s), all you have to in act 4 is parry, 5 hit combo, rinse and repeat. How does that develop skills?

So of course these players are then under prepared and undercooked when the difficulty increases.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Shamir51 said:

Searmenis said:

Jwagg said:

Wozzle007 said:

For context, if you had a roster that could easily auto fight previously but now can’t, imagine what it’s like for those who previously could complete each month, but only by a little. Or maybe with a revive or two. This isn’t about Paragon and Thronebreakers who can’t auto fight the Master Equivalent quest. It’s about conquerer and low level uncollected who now can’t get through.

They won't grow at all now because they can't complete things now that they used 100%, new people will just quit increasing the timeline for the death of the game.
    New people will grow and adapt, the same way we grow and adapt, and have done since the beginning of playing. If we all quit the second we couldn't do something 100% the day that it came out, there would be no game. This game has had an infinite number of "deaths", pretty much everytime something comes along that people are uncomfortable with. Life goes on, and so will the game.
    When we grew and adapted in the "beginning of playing", the difficulty was compatible with skill and rosters at that time and level of progression. At the moment, it is not for newer accounts, if they were skilled enough, they would have been at least Thronebreakers already. But, they are good enough for Uncollected.

You mention "compatible with skill and rosters at that time". I'm curious, do you see that rosters now develop at the same rate as yours did way back when?

Just 1 post below yours is a newly minted cavalier. With 2 6* rank 3's. Not sure about you, but I didn't have any 6* rank 3's at cavalier. My first was when I beat Grandmaster. It is infinitely easier to get ahold of 5* and 6* shards now- and that's a fact.
    Yes, if you don't count the Christmas crystlas it is. A normal player who don't buy a bunch of GBcs or GCCs (don't forget the rng factor in them as well) don't get a 6 star before level 40. Let s not also forget that 80% of the player base is ftp, so having 2 6* rank 3 is not that usual, and, even if they do, they don't have the skills yet.
    But it’s not just banquet that gives greater access to shards and rank up materials is it. BG’s does, incursions does, AW and AQ also do.

And getting rank 3’s is no longer the mission that it was when first introduced. It’s much easier to get them now.

I’ve just seen a guy on global with a rank 3 6* duped Hercules. And he’s finding passing story 5.2.6 hard.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Searmenis said:

Shamir51 said:

Searmenis said:

Jwagg said:

Wozzle007 said:

You mention "compatible with skill and rosters at that time". I'm curious, do you see that rosters now develop at the same rate as yours did way back when?

Just 1 post below yours is a newly minted cavalier. With 2 6* rank 3's. Not sure about you, but I didn't have any 6* rank 3's at cavalier. My first was when I beat Grandmaster. It is infinitely easier to get ahold of 5* and 6* shards now- and that's a fact.
    Yes, if you don't count the Christmas crystlas it is. A normal player who don't buy a bunch of GBcs or GCCs (don't forget the rng factor in them as well) don't get a 6 star before level 40. Let s not also forget that 80% of the player base is ftp, so having 2 6* rank 3 is not that usual, and, even if they do, they don't have the skills yet.
    But it’s not just banquet that gives greater access to shards and rank up materials is it. BG’s does, incursions does, AW and AQ also do.

And getting rank 3’s is no longer the mission that it was when first introduced. It’s much easier to get them now.

I’ve just seen a guy on global with a rank 3 6* duped Hercules. And he’s finding passing story 5.2.6 hard.
    See, that’s exactly what I am talking about — it’s separate conversations.

Clearly, there are people who want to Autoplay like they could before, for the same stuff.

But Kabam isn’t doing anyone — players or themselves — any favors by making all of these resources and characters available and some people can’t actually play the game, because when that skill cap kicks in, you aren’t going one step further until you actually learn how to play

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The Auto Play feature has never been intended to be a substitute for playing the game. There's a reason the AI is skilled in a mediocre way. Originally it was added for small, tedious tasks like Dailies, before Auto Complete was even an option.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Dave7099 said:

The Auto Play feature has never been intended to be a substitute for playing the game. There's a reason the AI is skilled in a mediocre way. Originally it was added for small, tedious tasks like Dailies, before Auto Complete was even an option.

Who cares what it was "intended" for? You used to be able to use it to run some content. Now that content can't be completed with it.

Your point is irrelevant
    His point isn’t irrelevant, because the game can, does and should change — nobody was complaining when Kabam buffed Solo Events and didn’t make them one bit more complicated or harder to complete

• PedrothosPedrothos Posts: 11
    edited January 2023
    I'm going to throw a new/different perspective into the mix. Did/has Kabam changed the difficulty with the eminent release of 7-stars? And like I can attest to having gotten 16 new 6-stars during the Banquet event, as a conqueror player, this shift in the baseline difficulty is solely because there are more 6-stars in the game?
  • Karam thinking that the conquest EQ should be as hard as act 5.1.6 or so is silly, I hope it was just an accident.
    Maybe some decent compensation :$
This discussion has been closed.