**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The difficulty increase is ridiculous

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Oye.

Stop bickering or we close up shop on this thread.
    I think this is an important conversation where people need to be able to share their experiences. It is not a playground for two people to run around bickering.

Seriously,

Stop it.

Seriously?
  • Ceti_EelCeti_Eel Posts: 62
    All I want to know is has anyone who struggled against UC difficulty tried it again now ?
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

Kabam Jax said:

Oye.

I think this is an important conversation where people need to be able to share their experiences. It is not a playground for two people to run around bickering.

Seriously,

Stop it.

Seriously?
    Page 9 of this thread and nobody said a word. Wow
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Dshu said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

Dshu said:

ESF said:

Dshu said:

ESF said:

Dshu said:

Dude @Dshu we get it. You are super skilled. People who complain about difficulty aren't. Well done you. You don't need to post it again and again.

Never said I was super skilled. I come to the forum looking for tips tricks and counters. What do I find though? A bunch of complaints about the difficulty and how it can't be done. I acknowledge its overtuned but I also say it's still doable if you don't give up. Except it for what it is and embrace the challenge. Look for counters and tips. This forum has gone from being a place for game discussions to a place to complain about everything in game. My guess is most of those complaining were not around for the aegon eq where if you died once to him you may as well quit and restart. If you don't want to work to improve you are really going to hate act 6. Looking forward to hearing the cries to nerf the grand masterfight.
    Here’s the thing, because I have been doing this: The content I was clearing is roughly about 4,500 attack value, so far. That is tuned to around Act 5.2/5.3 or so. There is also maybe a 20K increase in the health pool, roughly.

So, IDK. There’s clearly a gap in how people see that — if you came up like we did, that’s not really a big deal. Because that’s what some of us were clearing with 4-stars and 5r3.

IDK, man. From the way people were talking, I was thinking these lanes were gonna have Masochism or some of the really nasty nodes and combinations. I still need to do the final two chapters so maybe those are there, waiting.

Up to now, though, it’s just been like clearing Act 5.
    I'm going to guess by the number of disagrees we have both received that there were a lot of participation trophies handed out to these players growing up. I agree it's no worse than act 5 but everything that taught us game mechanics up to act 5 has been nerfed into the ground and this is the resulting lack of game comprehension you get from it.
    Yeah — there’s clearly some kind of gap, here — I don’t know what it was tuned to before this month, and I guess if you can’t Autofight and that’s what you want to do, no, you aren’t doing that with how this month was initially, and certainly, part of that is the tuning. Nobody is saying that it wasn’t harder. It clearly was.

But I guess I am baffled at how people were Autofighting something like Omega Sentinel before — that kit clearly isn’t something you can Autofight, right? Because of how the Armor Ups and AutoBlock works?

IDK. I typically don’t run Autofight like that in EQ, but people clearly do. I guess it’s possible to simply overwhelm like, IDK, a Thing or something, but part of what I saw in UC is that for the last two years, we have definitely gotten nastier defenders in the game, too, with buffs and new characters alike

I mean, for real — I am not saying you can’t Autofight a Kingpin but there’s only so much of that any kit can do on autopilot
    I think it's the learning curve paired with self entitlement. Acts 1-4 were nerfed into the ground speeding up progression but seriously retarding player growth. Without those early chapters and the addition of 5/6*s earlier in their accounts they are not learning core mechanics of the game or developing balanced accounts. There id also this sense of entitlement that once you reach a certain progression level you should be able to easily defeat anything labeled for that progression. I don't think people want to understand that the progression title just gets you in the door. It doesn't entitle you to own the room. Im sure the same few players will pound that disagree button rather than try to understand and learn. I wish them luck in all their future failures.
    GuYs It'S nOt My FaULt i'M GeTtiNg RaTiOeD iT's YoUrS
    Some people don’t care how many dislikes they do or don’t get. Because in case you hadn’t figured it out, all of the name-calling and complaining and talk about ratios didn’t stop some of us from actually clearing the content

Maybe if you spent less time on here counting Dislikes and more time in there clearing content, you would know the difference
    He clearly does though, this is like the third time he's mentioned people disagreeing with him (and you) and the sad part is you don't have to be a genius to understand why nobody agress with you two, numbnuts.

I'm not counting disagrees though, he is lmao and I only pointed it out because he's the one that keeps pointing it out.
    People hit Disagree when I said UC could be cleared with 4-stars. I literally was clearing it with 4-stars. So yeah, I don’t lose too much sleep over the value
    People hit disagree because this isn't about you higher level players, the difficulty increase doesn't affect you in the slightest. This only hurts lower level players, for them the difficulty was overtuned. You and that other guy can keep denying it and white knighting each other as many times as you want but if the developers themselves are already planning some changes that just means you and that other guy are wrong, and no amount of crying will change that fact.
    You keep saying things we never said — every single post we made has us saying that it was harder than before. Because it is.

What we also said is that the game has given people far more than it ever has. Nobody said every single person had every single counter.

Some of us were here when dudes cleared RoL Wolverine with and Electro. I still can’t believe that happened. But it did.

If you can clear it with 2-stars or can’t clear it at all, fine. OK.

But I literally first saw you on the boards from when you quoted my post saying it could be cleared with 4-stars and you said it couldn’t be done. For some reason, that made you really angry and IDK what to tell you except yeah, it could
    You keep twisting my words and it's starting to get old. I never said it couldn't at all, and I've pointed out to you in specific that my comment about not being able to clear it with 4* was about lower level players who don't have all the counters because their rosters are not as developed as yours, yet you keep repeating the same dumb argument like a broken record.
    Have you ever once asked about said counters these underdeveloped accounts lack? I must have missed those posts.
    I don’t want to get sucked into this argument you guys are having but the real conversation is not just solitary fights that you need specific counters(new bosses) but the overall increase in difficulty thereby:
    1. More time consumption for people who can comfortably clear the EQ
    2. For those who were barely scraping past-cannot do so anymore.
    I think people are complaining about the sudden increase in the difficulty without
    A. Warning
    B. Proportionate increase in rewards.

I hope that clears things up a bit.
    I don't think Rewards has anything to do with people not being able to complete it. For that matter, people grow at any stage. They will do better month after month. We're not playing in a fishbowl.
    Originally, it was quite excessive. I've been playing UC since the changes and it's not that unreasonable compared to what it was. It's much more doable.
    No idea why time is a factor. We have a month to clear it, and a Path takes what it takes. The Fights haven't been extended that much. It's not a mini-AoL.
    I think there's an unreasonable expectation that if any challenge level is altered, there MUST be an IMMEIDATE increase in Rewards, and that is a steep hill to die on.
  • 5ra5ra Posts: 51
    edited January 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners!

Happy to report that changes to EQ and SQ difficulty tuning have been made in-game. As previously mentioned, you will still notice an increase to the difficulty but it should be much more approachable now.

I did a legends run on Sunday. Got a time of 3:43. I thought that would be an ok time considering the change in difficulty. Now that it's been adjusted I'm not so sure. Will this be addressed or am I out of luck? Thanks!
    bdawg923 said:

1) which difficulties were nerfed today?

2) can you explain why the change in difficulty was necessary in the first place?

3) can you ask the game team whether rewards will be increased for the increased difficulty?

4) can anyone who has played both the difficulty before it was nerfed and today after it was confirm it is indeed nerfed? Any difficulty you've done

‘Sup, man. This is Path E of UC 2.2, the Titania chapter. This Beast was 123K health this a.m.

So it’s been changed. If I had to guess, that’s probably 30 or so fewer hits you will have to do

• bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    ESF said:

‘Sup, man. This is Path E of UC 2.2, the Titania chapter. This Beast was 123K health this a.m.

So it’s been changed. If I had to guess, that’s probably 30 or so fewer hits you will have to do

Thanks. Seems a bit better
  • L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Posts: 144 ★★★
    bdawg923 said:

1) which difficulties were nerfed today?

2) can you explain why the change in difficulty was necessary in the first place?

3) can you ask the game team whether rewards will be increased for the increased difficulty?

4) can anyone who has played both the difficulty before it was nerfed and today after it was confirm it is indeed nerfed? Any difficulty you've done

Just got done beating both Zemo and Absorbing Man on UC and the difference is definitely noticeable, nerfed indeed. I was able to outdamage Absorbing Man with 4* only although it took about 100 something hits per fight (I do have heal block champs but I wanted to see if it was necessary or if you could take him out without heal blocks or anything that shuts down his regen). Did Zemo with 4* as well (reparry only, I assume if you use Guardian or champs that can parry non contact attacks it's a lot easier), no potions no boosts. with that being said, I did have to try a few paths a couple of times due to the nodes not being as easy as last EQ. 100% doable though, and in my opinion they should leave it like this (UC difficulty at least), not too hard but definitely not easy for players at that level at least.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Tarzan041 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

An incremental update on this topic.

The game team has continued to look into the changes in difficulty and the impact it's had on accounts at each difficulty level. They are considering changes but are trying to make sure the adjustments they would make would hit the sweet spot.

Overall, this will likely still result in an increase to each difficulty, but to a more palatable level. We should specify that being able to auto-run content is not a priority in these tunings. That doesn't mean you will be unable to do so, it just means it is not a guiding element.

Any changes to the difficulty tuning would require a mid-build update, which, to over-simplify, is fairly rare and will require some time and a particular process to implement.

Please continue to be patient as we reevaluate these changes.

Why mess with something that no one wanted? Why not spend time fixing the numerous real problems with the game? Any increase to any difficulty should also increase rewards. It would be like working a job for years. Then one day the boss decides your job should be harder and take longer for the same or less pay. Not many people with real lives are going to spend hours a day to clear something that used to take 30 minutes.
    It's not a job, though. It's a game. One with many complex moving parts. When Resources and availability increase, that has to reflect in the content.
    You never start with buffing Rewards. You address the content itself. Then you look at how appropriate the Rewards are.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Also, I just have to LOL at the statement that it'll be a complicated and long process to implement the changes, and then an hour later reveal that you've made changes. So things like this *can't* be solved swiftly and simply. Oh, oops. I guess they can.

Some things can't be, some things can be. The tweaks they made appear to be to attack/health nodes, which are in server-side data that can be adjusted. The changes they made were relatively small, presumably because the changes they felt were reasonable to respond to the feedback was also relatively small. But they wouldn't know that without going back to look first, and some changes require more extensive work and time.

• UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,046 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Some things can't be, some things can be. The tweaks they made appear to be to attack/health nodes, which are in server-side data that can be adjusted. The changes they made were relatively small, presumably because the changes they felt were reasonable to respond to the feedback was also relatively small. But they wouldn't know that without going back to look first, and some changes require more extensive work and time.

Oh for sure. And the majority of commenters or players don't know the inner workings of how games work and so come up with all sorts of arguments that make absolutely zero sense (as someone connected to the film industry, this whole "trailers can't have any footage that doesn't end up in the final product" is absolutely absurd).

I just thought it was funny - and also proof that sometimes, simple changes CAN be made, and quickly.
    Coppin said:

ESF said:

Kabam Jax said:

Oye.

Seriously,

Stop it.

Jax, for real — where were you the last two days? This dude has been calling us names for 30 hours straight. There wasn’t a mod to be found. The posts are all there. Every time we would post about our experiences, we got called “dense” or “numb nuts” or whatever — it’s all there.

Now, today, you’re making it like we’re the same when one person has been insulting us all weekend?

That’s not right.
    Probably enjoying his weekend like most people who work Monday to Friday?....
    If that’s the standard, fine. I didn’t know you could say whatever you wanted just because it was outside of business hours.
This discussion has been closed.