**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unfair legends run [merged, with info]

CrisisgreatCrisisgreat Posts: 13
edited January 2023 in General Discussion

So Kabam today rolled out an update for the eq difficulties, all the healthpools have been reduced by about 20%. I just want to know how this is fair to summoners like myself who spent thousands of units to do a legends run prior to this unannounced update, will there be some sort of compensation, will our end time be reduced by 20%. Some sort of answer would be really appreciated
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I would be surprised if they did not make some corrective measures to account for the disparity. They are likely to give beyond 100 titles but we won’t know until the future as they are not currently in the office and will need to come to a conclusion about just what to do about legends runs this month.

I think it was December 2017, when something similar happened. It’ll be noted in the hall of legends thread in news and announcements. Might’ve also happened March 2017 in relation to 12.0.
  • Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike i have a similar question. I did my Legend run prior to this update with the lower PI and before any notice that an update would happen. I put up an impressive 3 hours and 50 minutes despite the 20% more HP. If it took me 20% less time, I would come in around 3 hours and 6 minutes.
  • Options
    CaptainMalCaptainMal Posts: 19
    @Kabam Miike I’m in the same situation. I completed a legends run prior to the change. I’m sure my time won’t hold up now but would have before the change. Also, it’s not a small investment to try to get the title. 1200 units worth of energy and several hours. I hope something is done to keep things fair.
    If it helps my in game name doesn’t match my forum name.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    I agree they are way off... but in faireness... when uncollected difficulty first came out, people were doing it with 4 and 5 stars... because that's what there were.

My alt account isn't uncollected yet, and it has several 6 stars, and thanks to giving even, and only using the resources given for free while item dumping to my main account, was able to get resources to R2 a 6 star / half way to a r3.

Now if I actually played that account ever.. that account has the means to probably make Thronebreaker in a week if I were so inclined.

My point being... "uncollected players" have access to way better champs way too easily compared to what things "used to be", so I understand why Kabam might want to increase the difficulty a little bit. But the PI should maybe be 20% more... not nearly triple it, then shave 20% off.

That said... to do this without announcement, and without also increasing the rewards to meet the expectations by a similar percent would also be in order. While there were a few tweaks to lower level rewards... they certainly matching the 200% increase in difficulty.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Totally understand adjusting the difficulty as the game progresses. There’s no need for another thread about difficulty/rewards. My only ask is that for the legends run, don’t penalize people who did it early. You can only do it once and it’s costly to do….if I don’t make it because of performance, that’s fine too. If nothing is done, none of the people who attempted early, no matter how well they did, would be able to compete with the people who did it after the reduction.
  • Options
    NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★

So Kabam today rolled out an update for the eq difficulties, all the healthpools have been reduced by about 20%. I just want to know how this is fair to summoners like myself who spent thousands of units to do a legends run prior to this unannounced update, will there be some sort of compensation, will our end time be reduced by 20%. Some sort of answer would be really appreciated

I would like to know what "thousands of units" means, why are you spending this much on a heroic/master run. with R3/R4s legends runs are easier and cheaper than ever.

Like others mentioned, this will most likely be handled.
  • Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    NearJr said:

I would like to know what "thousands of units" means, why are you spending this much on a heroic/master run. with R3/R4s legends runs are easier and cheaper than ever.

I took the thousands of units statement as hyperbole. The most I used was a handful of pots just to regain some damage from blocking/parrying for the boss. Most of those pots were free pots from the four hour crystals.

The only real unit spend is energy. If someone is buying the deal upon first clear of a difficulty, well that is 2,000 units or so. That would be a waste to be honest. It is far cheaper to just by the energy refills (40 max if you don’t have many in your inventory). I guess you could also claim 30% boosts too.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★

Totally understand adjusting the difficulty as the game progresses. There’s no need for another thread about difficulty/rewards. My only ask is that for the legends run, don’t penalize people who did it early. You can only do it once and it’s costly to do….if I don’t make it because of performance, that’s fine too. If nothing is done, none of the people who attempted early, no matter how well they did, would be able to compete with the people who did it after the reduction.

If you are referring to @RichTheMan video.. his math was pretty far off. He ignored a lot of sources of energy and discounted others to RNG vs. pro-rating some factor to "guess at it". Any guess he would have made would have been more realistic than 0.

If you are thinking of spending units for energy... with the justification to get units... than you probably should rethink your math. Either don't do the difficulty, or strategically pick the right completion revive/potion/energy/boost package, and you will probably come out ahead if you are looking to invest units into the grind.

Personally I do completion of all but the highest 2 difficulties, and only use energy refills to make sure I get enough runs in during completion event / occasionally one for hero use event. I do about 50/50 energy/marks for BG (keeping my marks total about the same / just using the ones I get for milestones and such)... and manage to do everything in the game.

• Options
    CrisisgreatCrisisgreat Posts: 13
    NearJr said:

40 energy refills=1200 units, 3 carb cores=1650, 10 stoney cores = 1350 units. I suppose it was a bit of hyperbole considering the masteries will be of use after the run unlike the refills but technically still thousands of units lol
  • Options

If you are referring to @RichTheMan video.. his math was pretty far off. He ignored a lot of sources of energy and discounted others to RNG vs. pro-rating some factor to "guess at it". Any guess he would have made would have been more realistic than 0.

If you are thinking of spending units for……
    Nope. Not talking about difficulty or reward or energy use to do questing. Just this month’s Legends Run. If you’d like to discuss the other topics there are about 10 threads going specifically to discuss those topics.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 741 ★★★★
    Kabam should just cancel the Legends program. It's meaningless anyway. Rewards suck too. Getting Legends title for doing EQ is worthless
  • Options
    Lime2625Lime2625 Posts: 30
    NearJr said:

He meant getting energy, boosts and potentially masteries. It adds up to quite a bit
  • Options
    What will happen To those who did legend run before Eq gets nerfed???
  • Options
    Was wondering same thing, as i went for my legends run pre nerf. I do like the idea floating around to have top 100 pre and post nerf.
  • Options
    ExHavokExHavok Posts: 519 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    I went for the legends run this month too. There are so many times my opponents left with %1-2 hp after full combo and went passive and stolen me, if their health were lower; total time would be less. I really wonder how Kabam will handle this subject.
  • Options
    ExHavok said:

I went for the legends run this month too. There are so many times my opponents left with %1-2 hp after full combo and went passive and stolen me, if their health were lower; total time would be less. I really wonder how Kabam will handle this subject.

What time did you get @ExHavok ?
  • Options
    5ra5ra Posts: 52
    I went for it as well with a time of 3:43. That's a huge time investment. Really hoping for some clarity on this @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    5ra said:

I went for it as well with a time of 3:43. That's a huge time investment. Really hoping for some clarity on this @Kabam Miike

Who did you use in your run? I got a time of 4 26, I'm hoping I make the cut even if I'm at the very end
  • Options
    5ra5ra Posts: 52
    Lime2625 said:

5ra said:

Who did you use in your run? I got a time of 4 26, I'm hoping I make the cut even if I'm at the very end
    Elsa, NF, YJ, Antman, BPCW.
  • Options

Hey there, the team is taking the change into account and will be having extra legends slots for those who ran this before the change. We're still working out the exact number, but will let everyone know once we have everything locked in.

Do you have an estimate as to when you can let us know the exact number of extra legends? Or will it be revealed when the results come out in the hall of legends @Kabam Zibiit
  • Options

Hey there, the team is taking the change into account and will be having extra legends slots for those who ran this before the change. We're still working out the exact number, but will let everyone know once we have everything locked in.

@Kabam Zibiit - Any update on this?
  • Options

@Kabam Zibiit Any word?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,949 ★★★★★
    We’ll find out on Friday, I s’pose
  • Options

@Kabam Zibiit - Can you confirm that the accounts that attempted the legends run prior to the change will be evaluated independently than the ones who attempted the run after the change?

If the plan is to simply add more spots it would still exclude everyone who attempted it prior to the change.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    I tried this run for the first time in years, where and when do i see the results?
  • Options
    There’s a Legends Hall thread….normally the Friday after the month’s event ends.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,949 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

I tried this run for the first time in years, where and when do i see the results?

Email in game around 1 pm est Friday, list on forum a few hours later