**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Most cash grabby defender in the game currently?

2»

Comments

• Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    edited January 2023
    Bishop
    I can’t believe bishop isn’t winning this poll. He’s the only defender where you can play almost perfectly and one slip up is half your health or an instant KO because you got clipped by his sp2 or got smacked by an unblockable sp1. All the other defenders have hard counters to them, and all more than one. While bishop only has infamous iron man as a hard counter. A very new champ that hardly anyone has yet.

Domino has nimrod and omega sentinel for starters which are hard counters, but then there is others like arch angel, mysterio, old man Logan, even The Duck who are also immune to AAR, with the duck being an exception through his awakening.

Could anyone recommend any good counters to bishop, (besides kitty, herc, or any other OP champ) or as to how you’re playing against him. A defender with unblockable specials where you can only dex the sp2 but it has to be timed perfectly down to the microsecond, get punished by applying damage over time effects, if you get KO’d he starts the next fight with the same power bar that he ended with (i believe they fixed it where he could just always start with an sp3 and make it impossible to do anything other than get KO’d but I’m not entirely sure). He seems like he has act 6 nodes on his base kit.
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 227 ★★
    Pseudo_19 said:

I can’t believe bishop isn’t winning this poll. He’s the only defender where you can play almost perfectly and one slip up is half your health or an instant KO because you got clipped by his sp2 or got smacked by an unblockable sp1. All the other defenders have hard counters to them, and all more than one. While bishop only has infamous iron man as a hard counter. A very new champ that hardly anyone has yet.

Domino has nimrod and omega sentinel for starters which are hard counters, but then there is others like arch angel, mysterio, old man Logan, even The Duck who are also immune to AAR, with the duck being an exception through his awakening.

Could anyone recommend any good counters to bishop, (besides kitty, herc, or any other OP champ) or as to how you’re playing against him. A defender with unblockable specials where you can only dex the sp2 but it has to be timed perfectly down to the microsecond, get punished by applying damage over time effects, if you get KO’d he starts the next fight with the same power bar that he ended with (i believe they fixed it where he could just always start with an sp3 and make it impossible to do anything other than get KO’d but I’m not entirely sure). He seems like he has act 6 nodes on his base kit.

You can take Bishop with warlock on most nodes. Stop your combo early and block so he doesn't throw sp1 and you can then just take sp2 on the block cause he can't get prowess from tech champ hits. I haven't done it yet (as I just ranked him up for BGS) but I imagine HtD would work the same way.
    I have also taken bishop with surfer. Bait his sp1 with low prowess and each incinerate you get counts as a buff for increasing surfer's damage. Plus you will heal from willpower.
    I know you said no op champs but kitty is the other pretty hard counter to bishop. Incinerate immune and can phase his sp2 if needed.
    In general anyone incinerate immune should do well as long as they don't incinerate bishop back.
  • NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    You're using cash grab wrong.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    Pseudo_19 said:

Bishop only goes unblockable when he is above 30 prowess. Bring tech champions with non-energy attacks to counter him since they don't feed his prowess: Warlock, Yondu, Cap Wilson, Howard, HB, Ultron, Star Lord, Civil Warrior, Doc Ock, Starky to name a few. When he is above one bar of power, do 4 hit combos and immediately block, to bait a heavy/parry. You can then take the first hit of the sp2 on the block and dex the rest, or dex the whole thing with enough practice. While I always feel really safe taking on Bishop with iDoom, sometimes I don't feel like bringing him into a quest and try taking the fight without a tech champ. Mr Negative works really well
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★

Pseudo_19 said:

Bishop only goes unblockable when he is above 30 prowess. Bring tech champions with non-energy attacks to counter him since they don't feed his prowess: Warlock, Yondu....
    That's largely right, but Bishop also goes into Overload (and has Unblockable specials) any time he's bleeding. So Yondu isn't a great bet. Trust me, I've made that mistake 😉

Speaking of Tech champions who don't inflict Energy damage, War Machine is another great option though - use his Energy resistance prefight and he can generally get through Bishop really well.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

Pseudo_19 said:

Bishop only goes unblockable when he is above 30 prowess. Bring tech champions with non-energy attacks to counter him since they don't feed his prowess: Warlock, Yondu....
    That's largely right, but Bishop also goes into Overload (and has Unblockable specials) any time he's bleeding. So Yondu isn't a great bet. Trust me, I've made that mistake 😉

Speaking of Tech champions who don't inflict Energy damage, War Machine is another great option though - use his Energy resistance prefight and he can generally get through Bishop really well.
    I'm pretty sure the feedback damage is only when he consumes prowess due to him having bleed/shock/incinerate applied to him. Since Yondu's basic attacks aren't energy based he shouldn't be taking damage. Unless you threw and sp2 which I think is energy based
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★

Pseudo_19 said:

I'm pretty sure the feedback damage is only when he consumes prowess due to him having bleed/shock/incinerate applied to him. Since Yondu's basic attacks aren't energy based he shouldn't be taking damage. Unless you threw and sp2 which I think is energy based
    It's not the feedback damage that the problem. You're right, Yondu doesn't give him Prowess.

The problem is that Bishop's impossible-to-Dex SP1 will be Unblockable if he's bleeding.

• PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,654 Guardian
    edited January 2023
    @Magrailothos

You can 100% dodge his sp1, I've done it before, but it is really hard.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Jessica Jones is stupidly op for a science. I think she is bugged! Even if you hit her directly in the face with a special 2, she just keeps hitting through the entire attack. All i can say is glad there are so few of em.
    She is definitely a cash grab! A new Op special champ only available a couple of times a year in purchased crystals?
    Cash grab! Defender or not!
    But lets just be honest, yes there are counters, but more and more those counters are made up of a handful of specific champs you may or may not have, and if you do, you may or may not have ranked.
    The paradigm has shifted, from being able to rank a handful of god tier champs and run all the game content, to "gotta rank everybody you are gonna need em! Sooner or later!"
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Pseudo_19 said:

Ultron is my go-to vs bishop. Don’t have any problems with him at all with Ultron.

Void works . Anti venom too prob but I haven’t tried. Captain Marvel. Magik can power lock him and limbo heal damage. Visions.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    I know not everyone has him still but Nimrod basically removes any mutant from being overly difficult much less a "cash grab".