**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will you hoard your 7* shards if Kabam does this?

Comments

• SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    My hope would be the pool contains only champs from 2021 and 2022 to increase the chance of us pulling someone newer. Getting a Drax or Groot as a first pull would put a downer on what should be an exciting phase, only for them to never be used... then that wouldnt encourage us to chase the shards.
  • jaythekidjaythekid Posts: 52
    Maybe 7 star groot will hit hard who knows
  • ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 415 ★★★
    Chobbly said:

I would be very, no make that very very surprised, if we get the likes of Doom, Hercules, CGR or Galan in the initial 7* basic pool. We don't know what the 7* ability is yet, and once the genie is out of the bottle it'll be hard to put back in.

No one (well probably no one) wants to pull a 7* Iron Patriot, Air Walker or Sentry but being realistic if my first 7* is from the likes of Gamora, Old Man Logan, She-Hulk or DDHK I won't complain.

What you just said is what I think most are expecting … champs like DDHK, Gamora and OML… and most of the people I talk to said they’ll just hoard if it’s like that. Especially since “ascension” is supposed to come too for 6*s. Might as well hold til there’s a good pool of champs.
    If you hold back 1 “top” champ from each class (ex. Herc, Kitty, Doom, Fury, Ghost, Scorpion) I think everyone would be fine. Hold 2 champs (ex. CGR, Apoc, Tigra, Kingpin, Nimrod, Quicksilver) and I think you’re pushing and a small percentage of people are angry and start to hoard. Once you get to 3 champs in each missing (ex. Hulkling, Bishop, Rintrah, Shang Chi, Warlock, iBom) I think that’s the tipping point for many, where the hoarding happens, anger hits, forum posts begin, etc…and the numbers only rise from there.

Meanwhile, where’s 6* Magik?
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    Nocko said:

I cant imagine why the 7* basic pool wouldnt be the same as a 6*
    any balancing they have needed to do for 6* champs should follow through to 7*

But yeah ill keep them if that is the case. But i dont have any reason to think it will be

When Kabam rolled out 5*'s the pool was extremely limited and wasn't updated for nearly a year.
    6*'s were kind of the same. A very limited pool of 24 bad to average champions

Here's the list of initial champions released when 5 and 6*'s were released:

• Barri8Barri8 Posts: 108
    I don’t really think they’ll add broken champs like herc, aa, kitty, hulkling, galan, etc… but I do think we will have really good champs, maybe masacre, Angela, KG, moleman.
  • SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 ★★
    I think the more pressing question is how much will a 7* crystal cost - as far as I know Kabam aren't confirming this to date..

So Magik was in the FIRST 5* pool in 2015 … and in 2023 we’re STILL waiting on the 6* … wow! C’mon Kabam
    ShoNuff29 said:

So Magik was in the FIRST 5* pool in 2015 … and in 2023 we’re STILL waiting on the 6* … wow! C’mon Kabam

That was Pre buffed Magik I believe.

I think the more pressing question is how much will a 7* crystal cost - as far as I know Kabam aren't confirming this to date..

Would really suck if it’s not 10k
  • SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 ★★
    ADDIS0N said:

phil56201 said:

An important thing to note here is that most of these champs have either been buffed since their 6* debut or have been given good synergies through newer champs.

The original 6* pool, as it was, was mostly garbage … I’d expect the same from the first 7* pool.
    Green goblin and pre-buff Angela were the only two champs people hunted in the initial pool. Drax wasn't too bad either.
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 988 ★★★★
    I am going to open no matter what. It took so long to start awakening 6 stars. There are simply too many good champs these days for Kabam to put out a limited pool.

They say they learned their lessons from how they did the six star release. Maybe that is simply talking about the close proximity to the five star release. Maybe that is including how they slowly introduced champs that should have been in the crystal day 1. Time will tell but regardless of what happens, I want to open it.
    ADDIS0N said:

phil56201 said:

An important thing to note here is that most of these champs have either been buffed since their 6* debut or have been given good synergies through newer champs.

The original 6* pool, as it was, was mostly garbage … I’d expect the same from the first 7* pool.
    Yeah, the only champions that were buffed from those initial 6*'s were Rulk, LC, and WS via KM synergy. Those buffs were rolled out with (or around the time of) the release of those initial 6*'s. The other 12 were buffed in the last couple years or so.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,755 ★★★★★
    I only have 1k 7* shards so far. By the time I open my first one the pool probably have expanded once or twice. I'll open it anyways though. Can't build a 7* roster if you don't open them. That includes trash to go along with the good stuff.
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    solopolo said:

I just hope most in the pool don’t need awakening. My nightmare is a 7* Namor as my first.

Lmao. Namor was my 2nd 6*. Now with 100+ 6*s and paragon, he still sits unduped at rank 1.
    I’m in a very similar boat my friend, my very first 6* champ was Aegon, I still don’t even have the 5* version. Still at rank 1 Unduped even tho I’m paragon.
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    solopolo said:

I just hope most in the pool don’t need awakening. My nightmare is a 7* Namor as my first.

Lmao. Namor was my 2nd 6*. Now with 100+ 6*s and paragon, he still sits unduped at rank 1.
    i have two mutant AGs and already have APOC, Kitty and OR dupped... you can have one
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    The pessimism is strong.

Imo, the pool will be 4/5ths garbage with a few upper tier champs (like Namor, Mojo, Colossus, CapIW, Thing, Guardian, Mysterio, Falcon, Medusa—along those lines). Anything less would be a huge lost opportunity for Kabam. This will be the time when 7-star shards are the most rare they ever will be. Meaning, they can charge a premium for them. If there are no champs worth going for; that is lost revenue.

For the game’s sake, I hope there are a couple chase champs so the whales can go ham on the crystals.
    ADDIS0N said:

Adevati said:

For the game’s sake, I hope there are a couple chase champs so the whales can go ham on the crystals.

They won’t have to pay for any, unless Kabam does some special crystals with premium champs that you can only get with units.

There are quite a few accounts out there there already have several hundreds of thousands 7* shards acquired.

Magus has close to 9 million 6* shards, if you include his unopposed fully formed crystals … if he popped all of them as basics, he’d have close to 250K 7* shards.

If 7* champs will follow the 10K basic rule, he could open 25 crystals on day one without even making a dent in his current 7* stash which is probably already in the 1M range.

He’s a major outlier tho lol. His account situation is nothing like 99.99% of people playing. But for the people who are able to pop 10+ and climbing (assuming 10k opening) there has to be some chase champs, like a decent number of them, to even pop the crystals imo.

The funny thing tho, if they go mainly trash champs, some mid champs, but also put Herc in it, every one would pop all their crystals and buy more lol.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Does anyone have an estimate date?
    Someone said maybe spring cleaning. When is that?
    doctorb said:

The end of April
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    My mind would tell me "nah save those shards!!"

But im also a degenerate so ill likely open soon as i can 🤣
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    ShoNuff29 said:

doctorb said:

The end of April
    Ty!!
    Feeney234 said:

My mind would tell me "nah save those shards!!"

But im also a degenerate so ill likely open soon as i can 🤣

🤣🤣🤣… even if it’s the champ list somebody created earlier in the thread? Lll
  • ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★
    If at release the pool is not all the current 6*s and it just mid champs there is no reason to open any 7* crystals