**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Details for Lunar New Year 2023

The Year of the Rabbit

Happy LNY, Summoners! The Year of the Rabbit is upon us, and we’re celebrating with a small bonus Lunar New Year Event!

Lunar New Year Quest

Start: 01/22/2023 @ 00:00 UTC

End: 02/05/2023 @ 00:00 UTC

Starting January 22nd, fight your way through ‘monster-themed’ opponents in six quests to celebrate the Lunar New Year and earn additional Red Envelopes and Red Envelope Tickets

Red Envelope Alliance Event

Earn 30 points towards Alliance Event Milestones by spending Red Envelope Tickets to send Red Envelope Crystals to fellow alliance members or friends.

Check your in-game mail at the start of the event to find the following:

• 1x Greater Red Envelope
  • 8x Red Envelopes
  • 8x Red Envelope Tickets
  • 1x Year of the Rabbit PFP

**Note** This event does not include rank rewards. 

Login Calendar

Log in every day from January 22nd to February 5th to collect all the contents from your progression-specific calendar!

Greater Red Envelope Crystals

Pop open Greater Red Envelope Crystals for your chance at Loyalty, Battle Chips, Gold, Units and more!

Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• AllnamesbetakenAllnamesbetaken Posts: 118
    Excited for this event, always open to some free units and other nice rewards. No complaints for me, this one looks solid. Just for clarification, can't see the specific rewards for the 6 quests, am I missing something, or is that a wait and find out kinda thing. Same for the drop rates on the envelopes. Not that either matters much at this time, it's just a fun event to celebrate the New Year, just covering all the bases. Thanks in advance, hyped!
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    With the return of the gifting badge, will we be able to send any other other besides envelopes?
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 460 ★★★
    Sounds good. I like having additional calendar rewards.
  • asgadionasgadion Posts: 55
    will new accounts that have not achieved proven not have access to the calendar?
    ex. If I choose to do a new account challenge, will I have access to the calendar from lvl 5, or need to be proven first?
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    "Greater Red Envelope Crystals
    Pop open Greater Red Envelope Crystals for your chance at Loyalty, Battle Chips, Gold, Units and more!"

Why not just give us a full list of what all comes in the envelopes? What's the more?
  • asgadion said:

will new accounts that have not achieved proven not have access to the calendar?
    ex. If I choose to do a new account challenge, will I have access to the calendar from lvl 5, or need to be proven first?

"Proven"-labeled tables are actually Proven and below! The only requirement is Level 5.
  • UolterUolter Posts: 1
    Is there any requirement to receive the gifting badge?
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Any hint on what's inside the envelopes? Don't see it in the post, maybe I am blind tho
  • AllnamesbetakenAllnamesbetaken Posts: 118
    Kerneas said:

Any hint on what's inside the envelopes? Don't see it in the post, maybe I am blind tho

Loyalty, battle chips, gold, units and more! So probably 88 6* crystal shards if they stick with the theme. OR MAYBE 8888 YOUR FAVORITE EVER: DUM DUM DUM. SCRAAPPPP
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,712 ★★★★★
    NLand said:

MCOC Team said:

The Year of the Rabbit

Happy LNY, Summoners! The Year of the Rabbit is upon us, and we’re celebrating with a small bonus Lunar New Year Event!

Lunar New Year Quest

Starting January 22nd, fight your way through ‘monster-themed’ opponents in six quests to celebrate the Lunar New Year and earn additional Red Envelopes and Red Envelope Tickets

Earn 30 points towards Alliance Event Milestones by spending Red Envelope Tickets to send Red Envelope Crystals to fellow alliance members or friends.

• 8x Red Envelopes

Login Calendar

Log in every day from January 22nd to February 5th to collect all the contents from your progression-specific calendar!

Pop open Greater Red Envelope Crystals for your chance at Loyalty, Battle Chips, Gold, Units and more!

cavalier gets cavalier crystal shards ??????

the cavalier shard crystal doesn't exist in cavalier.
    it gets unlocked in TB or I'm wrong?
    Unlocks at Cav, becomes cheaper at TB.
  • johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 164
    What is the max number of additional envelopes that can be earned in the SQ?
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 530 ★★★
    Thank you for improving the crystals and by level it is very appreciable
  • kus234kus234 Posts: 170 ★★
    edited January 2023
    See we are celebrating Lunar Year why not Hindu new year celebrated in the game as it is celebrated in India? Why not Diwali based events? Why are we not celebrating any Indian specific festivals or occasions?

Understand the US based events but why chinese if not indians?
  • KeltanKeltan Posts: 454 ★★
    kus234 said:

See we are celebrating Lunar Year why not Hindu new year celebrated in the game as it is celebrated in India? Why not Diwali based events? Why are we not celebrating any Indian specific festivals or occasions?

Understand the US based events but why chinese if not indians?

already knew the game it wanted to debut in the country was the highly successful Marvel: Contest of Champions: its fastest game ever to $100 million in revenue. It also knew that the majority of downloads and revenue in China came from its many Android app stores.(thanks to Google)
  • Abc123zaqAbc123zaq Posts: 5
    Hello, will there be any rewards for spending platinum in the event, or do they depend solely on the title? If in the course of an event, for example, go from conqueror to liberated, will the rewards improve? Sorry, the information is just not completely clear to new players...
  • ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 207 ★★★

NLand said:

MCOC Team said:

The Year of the Rabbit

Lunar New Year Quest

• 8x Red Envelopes

Login Calendar

cavalier gets cavalier crystal shards ??????

the cavalier shard crystal doesn't exist in cavalier.
    it gets unlocked in TB or I'm wrong?
    Unlocks at Cav, becomes cheaper at TB.
    You're both right.

The fully formed crystal, that you buy for units, is unlocked at Cav and cheaper at TB.

HOWEVER

The shard crystal, that you get for free, is unlocked at TB. Takes 2 weeks to form 1. And then gets "cheaper" as it takes a week to form one at Paragon.
  • asgadionasgadion Posts: 55
    GöD87 said:

Just out of curiosity.. does anyone know if the lunar new year event carries any unit deals at all, or any other kind of deals really? If anyone remembers from previous years etc

I believe in the past they added a greater red envelop to the $5 grandmaster+ daily deals (I believe for 1 week but could be mistaken)... can't recall any other deals though
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    GöD87 said:

Just out of curiosity.. does anyone know if the lunar new year event carries any unit deals at all, or any other kind of deals really? If anyone remembers from previous years etc

Not that I recall from previous years.