**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Happy 2023, Summoners! Welcome to Mojo's Choice!

13»

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Dude17 said:

TyEdge said:

So last month, you had 4 difficulties and 4 quests for Rocket. Each had 3 fights per path and 3 paths. That’s 144 fights across 5 weeks (just over 4 fights per day)

This month, we have 5 difficulties, 2 paths per week, 4 weeks and 7 fights per path. That’s 280 fights across 4 weeks (10 fights per day)

On top of that, the PIs for lower levels are up significantly. I haven’t worked my way to higher difficulties yet.

Especially with January featuring war, BGs, Gauntlet and Carina….yeesh.

LOL it’s not a job man, you don’t have to play all the modes. That is like going to a buffet restaurant and complaining there’s too much food.

Some players complain they are bored or content is too easy, Kabam can’t win….
    When they’ve eliminated lower difficulties (by changing the name and making them harder) and created objectives tied to those levels, saying “you don’t have to do it” is obnoxious.

One of the things Kabam did best in 2022 IMO was finding a sweet spot with side quests in terms of time and effort required. A sidequest of this length should be structured for the summoner to pick one difficulty via keys/entry limits, and the rewards and objectives should be bundled accordingly. It’s more than twice as many fights per day. That’s objectively bonkers.
  • Dude17Dude17 Posts: 133 ★★
    TyEdge said:

Dude17 said:

TyEdge said:

So last month, you had 4 difficulties and 4 quests for Rocket. Each had 3 fights per path and 3 paths. That’s 144 fights across 5 weeks (just over 4 fights per day)

This month, we have 5 difficulties, 2 paths per week, 4 weeks and 7 fights per path. That’s 280 fights across 4 weeks (10 fights per day)

On top of that, the PIs for lower levels are up significantly. I haven’t worked my way to higher difficulties yet.

LOL it’s not a job man, you don’t have to play all the modes. That is like going to a buffet restaurant and complaining there’s too much food.

When they’ve eliminated lower difficulties (by changing the name and making them harder) and created objectives tied to those levels, saying “you don’t have to do it” is obnoxious.

One of the things Kabam did best in 2022 IMO was finding a sweet spot with side quests in terms of time and effort required. A sidequest of this length should be structured for the summoner to pick one difficulty via keys/entry limits, and the rewards and objectives should be bundled accordingly. It’s more than twice as many fights per day. That’s objectively bonkers.
    Hey, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m lazy & like easy content that I can autofight as well. But I also know how Paragons start complaining mid-month that there’s “nothing left to do”, so I expected Kabam to eventually tune EQ to match everyone’s power creep.

I dunno man, I have real life priorities so I don’t let mcoc FOMO take over. Sorry that you are so upset.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,045 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Nevermind, found!
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,045 ★★★★

Can anyone forward me to where Kabam details the new levels of Event Quest going forward that's just launched with this months new event "Overture of Evil"? I tried looking a forum posts, even just googling key words but found nothing.

Y'all can ignore my former post. I didn't find the Kabam Post about the event but I found the ongoing discussion with members that's already 8 pages long lol.
    Dude17 said:

TyEdge said:

Dude17 said:

TyEdge said:

Hey, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m lazy & like easy content that I can autofight as well. But I also know how Paragons start complaining mid-month that there’s “nothing left to do”, so I expected Kabam to eventually tune EQ to match everyone’s power creep.

I dunno man, I have real life priorities so I don’t let mcoc FOMO take over. Sorry that you are so upset.
    Of all the months where there’d be nothing left for paragons to do, it’s not January. Gauntlet. Carina v3. EoP Acceptance. War season and battlegrounds are both running. This month is hella grindy.
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149
    Why is Chapter 1 of Side Quest called Muscles and Metal, and shows pictures of Hercules and Omega Sentinel, but then when you click in to it, it's Hercules in week 1 and Quicksilver in week 2? Chapter 2 is called Speed and Magic, and shows pictures of Quicksilver and Mojo. This isn't dependent on the vote results, because Kabam has been showing Quicksilver as the boss of week 2 since the day they sent out the ballots to actually vote on week 2. And they said above, Mojo "doesn't care" who we vote for.
  • Guys is anyone ells experiencing trouble with Side Quest Mojo's Choice ?

I completed threat lv.1 Chapter 1 (The Olympian and The Speedster fully) but chapter 2 is still blocked. Say I can unlock it by completing chapter one ?

Can anyone help me please?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,744 ★★★★★
    Riceball5 said:

Guys is anyone ells experiencing trouble with Side Quest Mojo's Choice ?

I completed threat lv.1 Chapter 1 (The Olympian and The Speedster fully) but chapter 2 is still blocked. Say I can unlock it by completing chapter one ?

Can anyone help me please?

Next quest will open next Wednesday. One quest each week
  • Week 1 = Chapter 1, Quest 1 (Hercules), 2x Objectives with using Mystic, then Mutant
    Week 2 = Chapter 1, Quest 2 (Quicksilver), 2x Objectives with using Cosmic, then Science

Week 3 will be Chapter 2, Quest 1, 2x Objectives with using Skill, then Tech
    Week 4 will be Chapter 2, Quest 2, just single Objective with full team of ANY same class.

Why is Chapter 1 of Side Quest called Muscles and Metal, and shows pictures of Hercules and Omega Sentinel, but then when you click in to it, it's Hercules in week 1 and Quicksilver in week 2? Chapter 2 is called Speed and Magic, and shows pictures of Quicksilver and Mojo. This isn't dependent on the vote results, because Kabam has been showing Quicksilver as the boss of week 2 since the day they sent out the ballots to actually vote on week 2. And they said above, Mojo "doesn't care" who we vote for.

As to whose pics are shown on the Chapter Panels vs the individual Quest Panels (Bosses).

Are you sure that QuickSilver was already being shown on QUEST #2 Boss Panel even before that Quest being available ?
    Or was it a “Question Mark” (Unknown Boss) on that Quest 2 up until the time it became available ?

Are you sure you weren’t thinking of him being shown on what is the 2nd Panel of the collapsed Chapters image ? (and not on the expanded view showing the actual Quests ?)

I think how they show them on the collapsed Chapters view was just a generic “here are all the champs that will be Bosses, but not in any actual arrangement to correspond to the Quests”.
    And then once each Quest becomes available you first saw who the Boss actually was that week (?)
  • Danu60Danu60 Posts: 1
    Good luck
  • GhosturdGhosturd Posts: 32

Week 1 = Chapter 1, Quest 1 (Hercules), 2x Objectives with using Mystic, then Mutant
    Week 2 = Chapter 1, Quest 2 (Quicksilver), 2x Objectives with using Cosmic, then Science

Week 3 will be Chapter 2, Quest 1, 2x Objectives with using Skill, then Tech
    Week 4 will be Chapter 2, Quest 2, just single Objective with full team of ANY same class.

As to whose pics are shown on the Chapter Panels vs the individual Quest Panels (Bosses).

Are you sure that QuickSilver was already being shown on QUEST #2 Boss Panel even before that Quest being available ?
    Or was it a “Question Mark” (Unknown Boss) on that Quest 2 up until the time it became available ?

Are you sure you weren’t thinking of him being shown on what is the 2nd Panel of the collapsed Chapters image ? (and not on the expanded view showing the actual Quests ?)

I think how they show them on the collapsed Chapters view was just a generic “here are all the champs that will be Bosses, but not in any actual arrangement to correspond to the Quests”.
    And then once each Quest becomes available you first saw who the Boss actually was that week (?)
    It was always qs, this also confused me as it said muscles and metal yet had herc and qs
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    @Kabam Jax
    In the review of objectives and rewards of the monthly quest, there is one significant loss: previously the player could win some 6r4 material by 100% exploring the Legendary level. There isn’t any t6bc or t3ac anymore for the equivalent difficulty.

It was a little and slow but very useful help to upgrade the 3* 6* to the rank 4 in order to jump from TB to Paragorn.
    The quantities of shards was lesser than in the mex difficulty level and obviously that’s fine.

Would it be possible to think about a reintroduction of those shards quantities for the equivalent difficulty level?
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    I am a bit confused . It says I have to finish chapter 1 to unlock chapter 2 but I already finished . Does it actually mens we have to finish chapter 1 and then wait for the general unlocking ? And if yes when will it be ? Tuesday or … ?

So, if I lost a champ on the path but one-shot the boss, should I get that objective or not?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,582 Guardian
    edited January 2023
    TyEdge said:

So, if I lost a champ on the path but one-shot the boss, should I get that objective or not?

Did you try, and didn’t get the objective ?
    Or are you asking in advance ?

If it says the Boss, I would assume just that, a single successful fight against the Boss.

I would assume it would probably say “one shot the quest” if it were the other meaning.

Good luck.

(Edit, wording as “defeat the final boss in one try”. So same assumption, would have otherwise probably said “complete the quest (or maybe more specifically a path of the quest) in one try”). Although as others have asked before, could be potentially unclear as to whether it has to be your first ever attempt at doing that quest, and not re-running the quest several times until you ultimately succeed with a single fight.
    edited January 2023
    I think with the lighter December, Kabam probably wanted to come back with a heavy January. Even so, the sidequest this month…whatever design principles led to these decisions should be thrown away and never revisited.

It’s nearly twice as many fights as last month and MUCH harder, and there’s one less week to do it. The “one shot the boss” objectives are unforgiving, since you’ve got other objectives for two paths and there are exactly two paths to do. Plus, you lock the later objectives behind the earlier ones, so you’re forced to re-run completed content if you mess up. In the past, we’ve had something like 3 paths and needed to one-shot once (was it Shang Chi?).

Anyway, January was always going to be heavy with new EQ difficulties, Gauntlet, EOP, war, and BGs basically running all month. I can’t remember a sidequest I’ve disliked this much since Jabari Panther. I want to vent, but I tried to be purposeful about identifying my points of criticism compared to things done well previously.
  • Ycc08Ycc08 Posts: 1
    Currently ive finished the side quest where you have to use all science champs. Ive beaten omega sentinel from level 5 to level 1 difficulty. And i havent received any of the rewards for those. The previous one with all cosmic and all mystics, i have received all rewards. I guess its bugged right now for all science team rewards
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,744 ★★★★★
    Ycc08 said:

Currently ive finished the side quest where you have to use all science champs. Ive beaten omega sentinel from level 5 to level 1 difficulty. And i havent received any of the rewards for those. The previous one with all cosmic and all mystics, i have received all rewards. I guess its bugged right now for all science team rewards

Then you did it wrong. Omega Sentinel was with all skill and all tech. Science was for quicksilver
  • Dannystyl30Dannystyl30 Posts: 18
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos Another one, is this a joke or what is the problem? Would you give us compensation for this? I lose 2 position today due to this
  • **FINAL WEEK** (aka QUEST) is open now for MOJO stuff.
    As a reminder, and for those who were putting it all off until this last week…

Week 1 = Chapter 1, Quest 1 (Hercules), 2x Objectives with using all Mystic, then again with all Mutant.
    Week 2 = Chapter 1, Quest 2 (Quicksilver), 2x Objectives with using all Cosmic, then again with all Science.

Week 3 = Chapter 2, Quest 1 (Omega Sentinel), 2x Objectives with using all Skill, then again with all Tech.
    Week 4 = Chapter 2, Quest 2 (Mojo), just single Objective with full team of ANY same class.

Other Objectives for “defeating the final Boss in one try”. That is just beating each Boss with a “single fight”. Earlier fights in the quest do NOT have to be single fights.

Also, remember, each of the Levels (quests 1/2/3/4) of an Objective have to be done in order (like the 1a/1b/2a/2b/3a/3b/4 for the Class ones).
    Can’t jump ahead and do Cosmic one without first doing the Mystic and Mutant ones.

And a Tip for those who can’t do the “Single Boss Fight” objective at SAME time as the “Same Class” objectives (don’t have strong enough champ in either of the otherwise 2 Classes for that quest, or need alternate-class Synergies to bulk up any single champ for Boss fight).
    You can always do an initial 2 runs of quest with the CLASS teams, and then re-run it once more with a Diversified Team geared towards a single-fight by anyone for that Boss at the end.
  • TylerTyler Posts: 37
    Lost cavalier crystals I bought after getting the points i pop the 7 cavalier crystals and game lag in this deadpool event I claimed the rewards with points I bought them I will not spent if they are not returned to my account
  • I need some clarification pls, I finished both threat lvl1 and threat lvl2 but I did not get the awakening gem from either one, why?
  • YAMIIV said:

I need some clarification pls, I finished both threat lvl1 and threat lvl2 but I did not get the awakening gem from either one, why?

The Awakening Gem (as a class based crystal in Lvl 1, and as generic gem in Lvl 2) are both from exploring Week/Quest #3 (Omega Sentinel boss).
    Explore 100% of that quest.

So you probably already got them earlier, NOT when you finished the Week/Quest #4 Mojo boss.
  • Zak2025Zak2025 Posts: 60
    edited February 2023
    strange threat level 5 is easier than act 6 quests when threat level 5 is targeting throne breakers. i can do it easily and im only cav
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 301 ★★
    The protection path is bugged to hell and back. Things that are supposed to randomly remove protection or trigger unstoppable randomly fail to do so. Thought it's Pacify issues but special attacks fired not during stuns by characters without abi acc. reduction also fail to remove protection on knockback.

I'm writing here instead of filling a bug report because the quest is taken down in two days, but seriously. The worst part is that the "transfer unstoppable on intercept" part of the node is prone to failing as well
  • I completed treat level. 5 but the rewards haven’t been delivered, I went out of sequence to complete the easier level 5 champion first and the rewards haven’t dropped?
  • I completed treat level. 5 but the rewards haven’t been delivered, I went out of sequence to complete the easier level 5 champion first and the rewards haven’t dropped?

You are correct.
    If you do the Quest #’s out of order (as in Omega Sentinel *before* Hercules), you WILL NOT get the Objective.

You have to do the Quests #’s *IN ORDER*