**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What's your opinion about this Summoner Vote?

What's your opinion about this Summoner Vote? Spider-Punk will (most likely) win from what it seems. A lot of people are saying that it's rigged.

My take:
1) A lot of people love Spider-Man in general. I don't mean in MCOC but in general.
2) A lot of people playing this game have absolutely no clue who are the champs in this vote and vote randomly.

I spent 2 hours doing some basic research about all the champs (including those already eliminated). I never heard about any champs in this voting. I watched every Movie/Show in the MCU but I never read a Marvel Comic.

Comments

• GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I honostly do not care about any of the picks. I might know 2 of the original 8. But have zero connection to them. So I just vote on the champ I know is the fav of my favorite mcoc youtuber.
  • What's your opinion about this Summoner Vote? Spider-Punk will (most likely) win from what it seems. A lot of people are saying that it's rigged.

My take:
    1) A lot of people love Spider-Man in general. I don't mean in MCOC but in general.
    2) A lot of people playing this game have absolutely no clue who are the champs in this vote and vote randomly.

I spent 2 hours doing some basic research about all the champs (including those already eliminated). I never heard about any champs in this voting. I watched every Movie/Show in the MCU but I never read a Marvel Comic.

" a lot of people saying it is rigged". Taking a leaf out of a divisive politician's handbook, are we?
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    Dud.

I think most people don’t care. They probably just tap something to clear the window. Notice how ALL of the champs not visible in the window did not make it to the next round via in-game voting (Spider Punk added via twitter).

I think Bullseye is the favorite. Yet, it’s odd that Bullseye was added to the vote and Beta Ray Bill, who beat out Bullseye last year, wasn’t added.

After all this, we may end up with Spider Punk solely because of meme status and not because the majority actually want the champ.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I voted Spider Punk because that's who I want, not because of any other reason. I understand being disappointed when out favorite isn't chosen, but people have a mind of their own.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Adevati said:

Dud.

I think most people don’t care. They probably just tap something to clear the window. Notice how ALL of the champs not visible in the window did not make it to the next round via in-game voting (Spider Punk added via twitter).

I think Bullseye is the favorite. Yet, it’s odd that Bullseye was added to the vote and Beta Ray Bill, who beat out Bullseye last year, wasn’t added.

After all this, we may end up with Spider Punk solely because of meme status and not because the majority actually want the champ.

I believe the reason Bullseye is the only character returning from a past vote is that he won an “underdog” vote, or something along those lines. From what I remember I think there was a vote that took place on Twitter (I think) which was entirely composed of characters that had lost (cant remember who exactly) in the previous votes. The winner of that vote would go on to be in the current Summoner’s Choice vote. I also think there was a hint that any characters who were not in the underdog vote may already have plans to be added (for example, Zemo).
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,903 ★★★★★

Adevati said:

Dud.

I believe the reason Bullseye is the only character returning from a past vote is that he won an “underdog” vote, or something along those lines. From what I remember I think there was a vote that took place on Twitter (I think) which was entirely composed of characters that had lost (cant remember who exactly) in the previous votes. The winner of that vote would go on to be in the current Summoner’s Choice vote. I also think there was a hint that any characters who were not in the underdog vote may already have plans to be added (for example, Zemo).
    The underdog vote was specifically for champions who had lost in the first round of their years. That’s why Beta Ray Bill wasn’t included, he made it out of the first round.
    Wicket329 said:

Adevati said:

Dud.

The underdog vote was specifically for champions who had lost in the first round of their years. That’s why Beta Ray Bill wasn’t included, he made it out of the first round.
    Does this actually make sense though? Is the goal not to find the champion the general player base wants? Is Kabam trying to up social media engagement rates or something?

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    Adevati said:

Wicket329 said:

Adevati said:

Dud.

Does this actually make sense though? Is the goal not to find the champion the general player base wants? Is Kabam trying to up social media engagement rates or something?

Basically yes. They have hundred of suggestions on the forums for champs and no telling how many requested champs elsewhere.
  • OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,141 ★★★★
    Research the characters before voting would be ideal, because a lot of the characters on the pull are insanely powerful, but people who doesn’t read the comics don’t a f about because the don’t know. But hoping or demanding it from the community is too much, not only Marvel Comic fans play the game, so…
    I’m still hoping they add Morgan, and since the picture they put up for Agatha was a illustration, it looks like they’re planning on putting her anyway, so
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    I wish they just added the top 4 all together but that would be very hard to do
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    I would find it more useful and more engaging if there was some info on potential abilities Kabam would implement along with the names and basic description. I can see how that wouldn't be something they can do though because then they would never hear the end of it if people voted based on an ability they decided not to put in.
  • says he's watched every Marvel show and movie but doesn't know Bullseye.

Who was in Daredevil season 3.

what

the

Fudge?

Also doesn't know Echo.

Who was in Hawkeye AND is getting her own series.

WHAT

THE

FUDGE?!?!

Not to mention Deathlok was in Agents of SHIELD....

mother hubbard!

White tiger and spiderpunk have appearances in animated shows/movies so to my knowledge only 3 out of 8 didnt appear in any shows/movies but hey he did some basic research and watched ALL.

From stats spiderpunk actually had the least votes in previous rounds (so yes obviously can still rack up from ppl voting him after their favorite were eliminated etc), won the twitter wildcard vote by coming 4th since the 3 above him won already by the ingame vote and thats said as well he didnt come 4th in the ingame voting (kabam miike said he came in very close 5th in a different thread).
  • NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 536 ★★★
    Bullseye 🎯
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Deathlok was my #1 preference, and he didn’t make it out of the first round. Sunfire was another champ I liked, as well as Marrow. Neither advanced.

The result for me is what amounts to an “anyone but Spider-Punk” vote across main and alt and disinterested ally mates who play but haven’t really paid attention to the voting. I’ve thrown my votes and any I can coax behind Bullseye because it’s way past time to put him in the game, there’s a chance to improve DD vis synergy and his abilities and mechanics could be very interesting.

Even so—I’m not sure this is what the team intended by creating a Community Choice, but it is what it is.

Dr. Zola
    DNA3000 said:

Adevati said:

Wicket329 said:

Adevati said:

Dud.

Let me answer your question with a question. Why not just have a poll? Why force players to go through hoops to acquire tickets in the game to vote on the champs they want?
    That’s fine too.

It should be a fair vote in whatever way they choose to deliver it.

It’s not a fair vote if you have caveats and fabricated situations that alters the candidates and results.

I’m not a fan of a “vote” that involves hoops to jump through to get extra votes with different hoops to save one candidate from losing fairly in another medium of voting.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I only really cared about getting Deathlok or White Tiger, but cared more about White Tiger, so have voted for no one but her.

First year, I wanted Herc, Dazzler and Blue Marvel. Second I wanted Armor, Dani, Crystal and both times I split votes. Not this year.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Adevati said:

DNA3000 said:

Adevati said:

Wicket329 said:

Adevati said:

Dud.

Let me answer your question with a question. Why not just have a poll? Why force players to go through hoops to acquire tickets in the game to vote on the champs they want?
    That’s fine too.

It should be a fair vote in whatever way they choose to deliver it.

It’s not a fair vote if you have caveats and fabricated situations that alters the candidates and results.

I’m not a fan of a “vote” that involves hoops to jump through to get extra votes with different hoops to save one candidate from losing fairly in another medium of voting.
    The reason there are hoops to jump through is so that the more people play the game, the more votes they get: i e. the people most invested in the game get to choose the champion.

Or to put that another way: if you want to choose the champion, you have to play the game.

If every player got just one vote regardless of how much they played, that would be 'fair', but it wouldn't actually encourage anyone to play the game. Which is ultimately the point 🙂