**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hercules special intercept bugged? [merged]

tee_wintee_win Posts: 41
edited January 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
Is the timing of Hercules special intercept off? I have noticed that I’m pretty consistent only getting one precision/cruelty when intercepting the opponent’s dash with a special attack.
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• GasHaulerGasHauler Posts: 174
    Where have you noticed it happening? Everywhere, or only in certain modes? I just tested mine in monthly quest. Got 3 precision buffs from first SP1 intercept
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Yep, been attempting EOP and noticed this as well multiple times
  • NeooxNeoox Posts: 1
    Hercules is not getting his 3 precisions buffs when intercept using sp1
  • Sliderz00Sliderz00 Posts: 22
    edited January 2023
    Hercules’s special intercept window is smaller and very noticeable. Very sudden nerf/bug.

Is anyone else noticing the issue?
  • Hey Summoners,

Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We brought it to the game team, and they'll be investigating to see if they can find anything fishy.

More info as it becomes available!
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 334 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We brought it to the game team, and they'll be investigating to see if they can find anything fishy.

More info as it becomes available!

the thing that's absolutely weird is that he was 100% fine a few hours ago. My lane in aq requires me to have 3 buffs to deal damage, so I would sp1 intercept with herc to get 3 precision buffs (+ true sense) and then I would have enough buffs. I can say for sure he was working fine during aq or I wouldn't have been able to clear my path. This is happening out of the blue, in the last couple of hours
  • WildTWildT Posts: 12
    edited January 2023
    I believe this problem is also evident (and has been for a while) in Venompool. He inflicts a stun when his Sp2 intercepts the opponent and this rarely occurs, similar to the current Hercules issue.
  • JamOnWallJamOnWall Posts: 8
    Ya just r4 my herc and went to test him in ROL and experienced the same thing. The timeframe to intercept is significantly shorter to the point where you have to hit them the second they dash and you can’t phase the first hit with the special startup like normal to get the buffs.
  • Dylanc0405Dylanc0405 Posts: 43
    Yeah noticed the same thing and came to search the forum. Really convenient they haven't said anything and EOP is going on
  • Dylanc0405Dylanc0405 Posts: 43
    Love how kabam hasn't responded to this. It's obviously an issue. Probably wait a few weeks so everyone can spend more on new carinas
  • salisali Posts: 27
    edited January 2023
    What is going on with Hercules?
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    WildT said:

I believe this problem is also evident (and has been for a while) in Venompool. He inflicts a stun when his Sp2 intercepts the opponent and this rarely occurs, similar to the current Hercules issue.

They have different special intercept timings. Hercules’ is a (intentionally) wider interval compared to venompool/Black Panther/other special intercept champs. This shouldn’t be a bug afaik

• ThunderalphThunderalph Posts: 27
    Yeah, i tested it on my account and everything seems fine but when i tried on my alt it doesn't work. Could be a bug?
  • ThunderalphThunderalph Posts: 27
    Good to know its been reported 👌 i knew something is fishy lol
    Axew said:

WildT said:

They have different special intercept timings. Hercules’ is a (intentionally) wider interval compared to venompool/Black Panther/other special intercept champs. This shouldn’t be a bug afaik

Sorry, I meant this shouldn’t be a nerf

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    By "doesn't work", do you mean it is not giving you a charge? Not intercepting?

I ask because I used Herc in TB EQ last night (multiple paths) and did not notice any issues, but maybe I was missing something.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Have this bug too, where I'd only get 1 buff instead of 3 while special intercepting.

It did start yesterday randomly.
    At first I thought Gorr (in Battlegrounds) had something against #God that was causing this, but then I noticed it happening in the Monthly event quest too against other champions.

I believe the word 'Special Intercept' still pops up like I completed it, but I only get the 1 buff not the 3.
    It’s been acknowledged in the bugs/known issues section. Intercept timing is noticeably tighter for Herc.
  • Yeah, special intercept doesn't work for me too.
    Bug or nerf?
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 349 ★★★
    Was only a matter of time until they found a way to stealth nerf him. We all know they are furious with what he is doing in the game and will take any measure possible to minimise his effectiveness.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    I’ve been noticing the same problem this morning. I’ve been using the exact same timing I always have, but it’s become unpredictable as to whether or not it’ll count as a special intercept. Not sure if there’s actually a correlation or if my mind is just noticing something that’s not really there, but it almost seems like the specials aren’t counting as intercepts if the opponent isn’t infuriated, despite the fact that it was an intercept.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Im not 100% sure, but it almost seems like it may have something to do with whether or not the opponent is infuriated, although I could be wrong. I can intercept the same opponent with the same timing using the sp1, but it feels more unpredictable whether it will be tagged as a special intercept if the opponent isn’t infuriated. Not sure if anyone else has noticed that, or if they’ve noticed it happening while the opponent is infuriated.