**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Matchmaking nightmare

Can somebody advise if I’m doing something wrong in battlegrounds. My account is fairly small:

I worked my way up to gladiator circuit winning roughly 2/3 matches over a couple of weeks but since I’ve lost 30 in a row and only match against accounts with at least 4 rank 4 6stars and the rest being rank 3 6 stars. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong I’m fairly new to the game (1 year) and casual. It was fun but now it’s frustrating and a waste of my time and whoever I’m going against.

Comments

• Gotcha thanks guys.. thought I was doing something wrong turns out my roster sucks lol
  • Paragon level players vs paragon players is still much more fairly matched though. I’m yet to see a 16k prestige account that doesn’t have a good amount of capable champs if you’re skilled. You’re sounding bitter here for losing, if you read my post up the top I clearly state I was wrong to think I was doing something wrong and that my roster simply sucks. Never for a second thought I’m great at the game because I’ve reached GC I can see my route is easier based on watching YouTubers routes to GC. I now accept for my account getting to GC is ok but that’s where it’s time to stop playing battlegrounds until my roster improves.
  • Paragon level players vs paragon players is still much more fairly matched though. I’m yet to see a 16k prestige account that doesn’t have a good amount of capable champs if you’re skilled. You’re sounding bitter here for losing, if you read my post up the top I clearly state I was wrong to think I was doing something wrong and that my roster simply sucks. Never for a second thought I’m great at the game because I’ve reached GC I can see my route is easier based on watching YouTubers routes to GC. I now accept for my account getting to GC is ok but that’s where it’s time to stop playing battlegrounds until my roster improves.

WHile chatter has a point, it is the wrong place for that unfortunately.
    OP, you'll just have to upgrade your roster to win more in GC.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    RakeYoung said:

If your frustrated losing matches in GC, imagine how 16k prestige Paragon players feel who are stuck in gold in victory bracket still feel seeing your much smaller accounts in GC with way better rewards than them. All because of a ridiculously broken matchmaking system that rewards weaker rosters with easier path to GC.

@Chatterofforums is that why I've had so much trouble? I pretty much gave up cause it's just demoralizing.

I have a decent and diverse roster with BG meta champs, but I run into massive whale accounts with almost full r4 decks, meanwhile I've got 9 r4's.

for reference I have 16k prestige.
    Rake that's 100% correct. I'll be putting something out later today that explains the whole BG situation and how unfair it is.
  • I actually agree the system is flawed. I would have preferred to stay at a lower level and actually won a match here and there despite the rewards. It’s a game and supposed to be fun and losing 30 in a row is anything but fun for me in GC. But what I’d does tell me is, I need to improve my roster, like massively.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    It's important to remember that although the system is flawed, while you were still in the Victory track, you were still matched up with accounts roughly the same size as you and you were probably winning more often than losing. You must have been doing something right. You still had to be able to defeat your peers. The rewards weren't free and, to some degree, were still earned although maybe not necessarily deserved.
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★

Paragon level players vs paragon players is still much more fairly matched though. I’m yet to see a 16k prestige account that doesn’t have a good amount of capable champs if you’re skilled. You’re sounding bitter here for losing, if you read my post up the top I clearly state I was wrong to think I was doing something wrong and that my roster simply sucks. Never for a second thought I’m great at the game because I’ve reached GC I can see my route is easier based on watching YouTubers routes to GC. I now accept for my account getting to GC is ok but that’s where it’s time to stop playing battlegrounds until my roster improves.

I am a 1.5mil paragon with ~14k prestige and only 3 r4s and 7 r3s. I am using 5*s in my lineup and getting paired with 3-4mil paragon accounts with only r3 and up. its not all about skill in Victory Track. I am stuck in Plat 3 and admit I've made it further than most in my situation.

top 5 champs:
    r4 Max sig kitty
    r4 100 sig galan
    r4 100 sig QS
    r3 max sig CapIW
    r3 150 sig BWDO
  • Greekhit said:

I actually agree the system is flawed. I would have preferred to stay at a lower level and actually won a match here and there despite the rewards. It’s a game and supposed to be fun and losing 30 in a row is anything but fun for me in GC. But what I’d does tell me is, I need to improve my roster, like massively.

dont let these guys get you down.
    you did well, most of them are just salty.
    Work on your roster and you'll do better in GC. This game is always a work in progress.
    “These guys” are not salty over no reason.
    “These guys”, including me, have played or payed a lot to be able to compete and claim top tier rewards, which at the moment they are being stripped off from them, due to a broken matchmaking.
    I’m top 6k accounts worldwide rating wise, I have all story content 100% and all Variants 100% since day one, and still my account is struggling at G2, fighting 3.5, 4 or 4.5mil accounts with r4/r3 decks who are still stuck at Gold tiers too.
    If accounts like these don’t belong to GC, then I don’t know who are supposed to be there, because currently is full of UC/Cavalier new players or alt accounts, including my Cavalier alt which cruised through VT, and definitely shouldn’t be there.
    No one is saying is players fault, it’s Prestige’s matchmaking fault and as an outcome Kabam’s fault, for allowing that happen for so long 😠

Well, then you are doing something wrong. Im also paragon with a fairly big account.
    My main AND my alt are progressing with no problems. Both paragon accounts with decent sized rosters.
    maybe improve your gameplay/roster for this meta in order to go up?
  • That reasoning only goes so far. If you look at that from the outside, you're saying people who have done everything else are entitled to getting the best, and that's not entirely accurate in a competition. You get what you earn. I'm not exactly saying everything is as it should be. I'm saying Rewards are earned, not given because "We worked in other areas.". BG results are BG results.

for once, i agree with you.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

I actually agree the system is flawed. I would have preferred to stay at a lower level and actually won a match here and there despite the rewards. It’s a game and supposed to be fun and losing 30 in a row is anything but fun for me in GC. But what I’d does tell me is, I need to improve my roster, like massively.

Work on your roster and you'll do better in GC. This game is always a work in progress.
    “These guys”, including me, have played or payed a lot to be able to compete and claim top tier rewards, which at the moment they are being stripped off from them, due to a broken matchmaking.
    I’m top 6k accounts worldwide rating wise, I have all story content 100% and all Variants 100% since day one, and still my account is struggling at G2, fighting 3.5, 4 or 4.5mil accounts with r4/r3 decks who are still stuck at Gold tiers too.
    If accounts like these don’t belong to GC, then I don’t know who are supposed to be there, because currently is full of UC/Cavalier new players or alt accounts, including my Cavalier alt which cruised through VT, and definitely shouldn’t be there.
    No one is saying is players fault, it’s Prestige’s matchmaking fault and as an outcome Kabam’s fault, for allowing that happen for so long 😠

Well, then you are doing something wrong. Im also paragon with a fairly big account.
    My main AND my alt are progressing with no problems. Both paragon accounts with decent sized rosters.
    Without any offence, and with trying to perceive as positive and constructive your post as possible (that’s why the LOL reaction at your post), but you are suggesting a 3.6mil account with all story content 100% (including Act6 pre nerf), full r3/r4 deck that 90% fits the meta, in plain words, to simply get good?
    Is that really the matter of all these posts Prestige matchmaking posts you think?
    Skill/roster issues?
    Because my alt 600k account which is already at GC, proves any skill issue assumptions wrong.
    It’s a matchmaking problem, not a players skill issue problem.
    Anyways, thanks for trying to help, because I genuinely believe your intention was that 🙂
  • Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

Without any offence, and with trying to perceive as positive and constructive your post as possible (that’s why the LOL reaction at your post), but you are suggesting a 3.6mil account with all story content 100% (including Act6 pre nerf), full r3/r4 deck that 90% fits the meta, in plain words, to simply get good?
    Is that really the matter of all these posts Prestige matchmaking posts you think?
    Skill/roster issues?
    Because my alt 600k account which is already at GC, proves any skill issue assumptions wrong.
    It’s a matchmaking problem, not a players skill issue problem.
    Anyways, thanks for trying to help, because I genuinely believe your intention was that 🙂
    There is a matchmaking problem, sure. But there is no reason to be stuck in gold as a paragon. Inflexibility is probably what is costing you. That and getting better at drafting a good deck during a match.
    There is no reason to be bashing on a person who just played the game the company made. OP did not ask for this system, and yet unhelpful comments like " you dont deserve these rewards" are counter intuitive.
    Meanwhile, paragons might have tougher matches, but being unable to go higher suggests a deeper problem than just matchmaking. Inflexibility always leads to your downfall.
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 632 ★★★

You should NOT be in the GC. You do not belong there. Kabam ruined BGs with their awful matchmaking.

I see why people are upset about the match making in BG victory track, and it could probably use a revamp, but saying accounts with weaker rosters don’t deserve to be in gladiator circuit is not fair. Those accounts also have to face accounts stronger than them in order to win, so they have be skilled. It’s not like thronebreakers have it easy and frequently face accounts weaker than them. I’ve made it to diamond 3 so far and it’s been a grind, most of my wins had to be against rosters far stronger than mine. So yes BG could use a revamp but in a sense it currently rewards skill over progression. We are all in the same bot, Unless you’re a whale account, your frequently facing accounts stronger than you
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    There is another perspective to that, but it's not one many will agree with. I made it during the War situation.
    Those Alliances who are 10x weaker are facing Matches that are in consideration to what they're bringing. So are the Matches that are 10x stronger. It's easy for the advanced Account to call them easier when taking on an Account 10x weaker would be easier for them. It's not easier for the people who are fighting those Matches.
    Subsequently, the 10x stronger Accounts are also facing Matches closer to what they're bringing to the table. Not only are the Matches stronger, so are the Champs they're using. As much as it offends people to think about, their own skill is being tested as well. Just because their Accounts are bigger doesn't mean they're automatically more skilled at one particular aspect.
    You have 3 Fights. Best of 3. Take down as much Health as possible while losing as little as possible.
    So, I'll reiterate the same point I made then. It's entirely possible to have larger Accounts that are less skilled at BGs. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings. People are working with Matches on par with the fire power they have.