**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BG Powershield meta - Are non-suicide users at a disadvantage?

I am in the same boat and I am wondering if I should just stop playing a certain point so as not to lose points in GC.

Comments

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    JOC_3096 said:

You should definitely get suicides... defenders won't take damage from it and attackers specials will don't so much more damage its a no brainer.

I'd invest asap, it's not that hard to get just manage your units better.

I would never recommend anyone running suicides in BG no matter what meta it is ....you do hit hard on basic and specials which increases nthe chance of winning quickly but the loss in health is not worth it. In BG every point matters so finishing safe is equally important.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    It's not like crit me with best shot thing
    Attackers as well as defenders will take poison, bleed, & recoil damage
    So not only will it make easier to kill defenders but non immune attackers will also suffer health loss at start of the fight unless willpower makes up for it
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Am I really going to spend all my units for a BG season..

Of course I am!

-JOC
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

Am I really going to spend all my units for a BG season..

Of course I am!

-JOC

Yeah isn't it likek units to unlock suicides? I mean that's a lot "just manage your units better" lol
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Looking at it from both sides, the fight time you shave off by using suicide masteries, can often be offset by the time shaved off by your defenders losing health from recoil.

I am always happy to face an opponent that has suicide masteries. Since the defender throws at least 2-3 specials each match, that's free damage to themselves to help with my fight time.
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    altavista said:

Looking at it from both sides, the fight time you shave off by using suicide masteries, can often be offset by the time shaved off by your defenders losing health from recoil.

I am always happy to face an opponent that has suicide masteries. Since the defender throws at least 2-3 specials each match, that's free damage to themselves to help with my fight time.

This is exactly how I am thinking about it. I might change my mastery setup a bit. But I am holding on spending it for suicide masteries because I just do not like taking that recoil damage.