**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Details for Lunar New Year 2023

2»

Comments

• Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    I am trying to get TB before the February calendar starts. If I go from Cav to TB while this LNY calendar is running do I just keep progressing in the Cav LNY calendar or does it switch to the TB+ calendar but restart me at the beginning so I miss certain rewards from later days?

I never can remember how this works since changing progression tiers is so infrequent. If I can get TB before February I don't want to put it off for another month but am not sure if the end of the Cav LNY calendar is worth waiting assuming it switches to TB+ but doesn't pick up where I left off on the Cav one. Is there anything sufficiently worthwhile in moving to TB that I would miss out on if I make the transition after February has started as opposed to before January ends?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    kus234 said:

See we are celebrating Lunar Year why not Hindu new year celebrated in the game as it is celebrated in India? Why not Diwali based events? Why are we not celebrating any Indian specific festivals or occasions?

Understand the US based events but why chinese if not indians?

This is Netmarble's revenue breakdown by region. North America includes the US, Canada, and Mexico, but the revenue from North America is dominated by the United States.

More than half that pie either directly celebrate or at least generally recognize Christmas, (Gregorian) New Years, and Valentines Day, Thanksgiving, and a really big chunk is basically the US which generally celebrates (American) Thanksgiving and the Fourth of July.

About a quarter of that pie recognizes Lunar New Year. Among the countries that celebrate or recognize Lunar New Year are a big chunk of the pie labelled "Southeast Asia" (Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia are among the countries that recognize Lunar New Year) and "South Korea" specifically. Netmarble is a South Korean company, incidentally.

Meanwhile India is a fraction of the 6% designated "Others." While Dwali is celebrated by Hindus outside of India, they are concentrated in India and India as a whole currently represents a tiny fraction of mobile gaming revenue generally and probably an even smaller percentage of MCOC's revenue specifically.

Equally important is the fact that beyond the numbers of people who directly celebrate or recognize a holiday, there is the general recognition of the holiday globally. Only a small percentage of people worldwide celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday, but it is overwhelmingly recognized - as in people are aware of it - worldwide as a celebrated holiday. Black Friday was originally an American thing, but has continued to spread world wide as a retail event. Outside of India, most people would not recognize Dwali or understand it. Lunar New Year, on the other hand, is something that is recognized as a thing far beyond the people who celebrate it directly.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    If I could click "agree" 10 times on your post I would.

Insanely annoying when you pick a path, walk away for a bit and come back exactly stuff all tiles further into the quest.
  • nfernonferno Posts: 64
    So cavalier and up get 1888 cavalier crystal shards for day 5, which I imagine you would need 2000 like most for a full crystal but as far as I know cavalier crystal shards aren’t offered anywhere else so what’s the story there?
  • nferno said:

So cavalier and up get 1888 cavalier crystal shards for day 5, which I imagine you would need 2000 like most for a full crystal but as far as I know cavalier crystal shards aren’t offered anywhere else so what’s the story there?

8 is considered a lucky number in Chinese culture.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,913 ★★★★★
    nferno said:

They are in the calendar for tb/paragon but pretty useless if you’re a Cav
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,048 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

nferno said:

While that makes sense, 1888 Cav crystal shards aren't going to do a lot of the community any good. They'll just sit there for a long time.
  • nfernonferno Posts: 64
    Kabam Jax said:

nferno said:

I understand that but I mean is there a plan to be able to acquire them any other way or are they just gonna end up sitting around until next lunar new year

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

nferno said:

I’ve heard being able to autofight a quest without having forks in the path is also considered lucky.

Dr. Zola