**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Atmospherics - Where is everyone at with the game?

How are you feeling within the game right now?

Personally, I am feeling good about my account/roster progression with my 4th R4 on the way, decent champion pulls and in the 8.1 exploration groove, but that's about where my optimism ends. I am generally displeased with where the game is going recently. I am annoyed about how stupid 50% of the Thronebreaker+ EQ (though i appreciate the gold), and truly questioning if kabam understands the ramifications of making EQ harder than low/mid progression. I have completely stopped doing battlegrounds (which was my favorite game mode during season 2-3) outside of my 48hr objectives, just not worth the time/energy commitment with the crappy meta and awful matchmaking. I am farming 20% revives to herc nuke EOP while also needing energy to 100% EQ for the month. AW is still fun, but 1 month of battling it out is not really worth the small pot of rewards. AQ is too repetitive though I do like the glory store revamp.

Am I hitting a wall or are you feeling the same way?

Comments

• GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    and now herc is suspiciously "broken" lol
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I just play the stuff that is fun to play. I am enjoying the TB EQ a lot. Been busy with personal stuff this month so not doing much BG and not sure I will try the EOP. I find it best not to put too much importance on the outcome of my MCOC play and just try to have fun.
  • arena grind while dipping my toes into masters, im having fun.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Actually, I'm feeling probably the best I have felt about it, ever. Yesterday I finished exploration of Act 7,which gave me my 5th 6R4. I have also done 8.1 100%. I really struggle with everest-type of content though, so I'm not into Abyss / Gauntlet / EoP stuff. Which means I will be hitting a plateau.

...which is not bad. I will embrace the plateau. I will camp here for a while, do mindlessly arena and farm units (for Spring Cleaning or 4th of July) and items (for when 8.2 drops). And who knows...? I might even manage to cut down on some playing time and devot time to other hobbies, which I have left behind.

It's all good.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    I feel like there's too little energy for too much content. I love battlegrounds but pushing in GC is energy intensive, and I need that energy for TB eq and side quests.

I have found peace of mind in not caring about the side quest objectives except for the cav shards. Couldn't care less about the relic stuff tbh. Also battlegrounds end in a week so that will free up energy to play TB eq + side quest and farm more revives for my first EOP acceptance clear with only juggy. Having fun too.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Overall very happy with my roster. I've been able to rank up champs at a much faster rate than I expected, currently paragon and sitting on 3 r4s, 15 r3s and counting, and resources to rank up 3 more champs to r4, which I'm holding for now to avoid risking pushing my prestige up even further and making bgs harder than they already are.

I never had a massive issue with this month's bg nodes, since I started preparing for it as soon as the announcement came out 3 weeks in advance, but I've been getting matched pretty consistently with stronger rosters than mine due to my prestige being so high (currently over 14k), and currently struggling in low plat, hoping to make my way at least to plat 1 before the season ends.

I have act 7/8.1 on hold at the moment while working on building my roster for rop and the new carina's challenges, and running through EQ in the meantime. Hardly touched arenas this month, which I might have to change if I'm hoping to complete carina's.

Thronebreaker EQ is whatever, more annoying than anything else with the massive health pools + identical nodes to old cavalier. Again would've been a lot more interesting to see the paradox/weapon nodes implemented here. Not being able to autoplay through conqueror difficulty is also annoying, and probably not worth exploring the shards at this point, as I'd rather put my focus somewhere else if I'm having to actively play the game.

I'm not in a competitive alliance at the moment and only really playing low level AQs for the steady glory income.
    solopolo said:

Overall very happy with my roster. I've been able to rank up champs at a much faster rate than I expected, currently paragon and sitting on 3 r4s, 15 r3s and counting, and resources to rank up 3 more champs to r4, which I'm holding for now to avoid risking pushing my prestige up even further and making bgs harder than they already are.

I never had a massive issue with this month's bg nodes, since I started preparing for it as soon as the announcement came out 3 weeks in advance, but I've been getting matched pretty consistently with stronger rosters than mine due to my prestige being so high (currently over 14k), and currently struggling in low plat, hoping to make my way at least to plat 1 before the season ends.

I have act 7/8.1 on hold at the moment while working on building my roster for rop and the new carina's challenges, and running through EQ in the meantime. Hardly touched arenas this month, which I might have to change if I'm hoping to complete carina's.

Thronebreaker EQ is whatever, more annoying than anything else with the massive health pools + identical nodes to old cavalier. Again would've been a lot more interesting to see the paradox/weapon nodes implemented here. Not being able to autoplay through conqueror difficulty is also annoying, and probably not worth exploring the shards at this point, as I'd rather put my focus somewhere else if I'm having to actively play the game.

I'm not in a competitive alliance at the moment and only really playing low level AQs for the steady glory income.

We are in the same boat for about everything. 14k prestige is really kicking my butt in BGs and stuck in plat as a very young paragon. EOP farming and finishing up EQ 100% is on my current to-dos.
  • AllbrightAllbright Posts: 54
    Rng is frustrating, Haven't had a good pull in months, Used up all my 6* shards and got thrash, saving again to pull more thrash 😂, Can't attempt Eop or Grandmaster's gauntlet till i pull a decent champ
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,120 ★★★★
    I just got tb soooo.....
    Pretty damn good

I just got tb soooo.....
    Pretty damn good

congrats @Marvelfan30 !
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 925 ★★★
    Im feeling overloaded with content without time or energy to do it all

Arenas = i hate and dont have time for those, hence why im always broke on gold

Incursions = I kinda like it, but it takes too much time, and for that, goes in the same problem as above, the gold from there saves me from bankrupcy sometimes tough lol

AQ = I COMPLETELY DISPISE AQ, my endgame ally does M5 and everyone slacks lol

AW = i rly like AW, prob my fav game mode, even tough i feel like trash when i die lol

BGs = i like this a lot, specially the great rewards, but its also too time consuming and the matchmaking makes u pretty angry sometimes lol

Im trying to advance on story mode, but the amount of monthly content keeps me from doing that, so i still need to explore 7.3 and beyond

Other than that, i have 100% all Variants and LOL

Still gotta do Abyss and im 4/9 on both Carina Challenges, 0 on the new one

Not too bad for a 8 year F2P i guess
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    I'm bummed about TB EQ. I expected more from it than just the old Cav EQ with little more than a spotty paint job to freshen things up. The fact that they nerfed Cav EQ (which I used to like running through) in the same process doesn't exactly soften the blow.

That said, the EQ is a relatively small part of what I do each month. I have enjoyed the current BG meta, but I'm roughly two weeks behind schedule compared to where I'm usually at this time in previous seasons, so I definitely understand those who get stuck. I'm lucky to have a decent number of champions that work in the meta but it's definitely the most restrictive Victory Track meta we've had so far and I'm not the only one who feels like it would have served better as a week-long Gladiator's Circuit meta than a month-long Victory Track one.

Now that I've explored TB and Cav EQ and when the BG season ends, I'll start preparing for my EOP runs in earnest. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be hell, I'm sure, but I really enjoyed the fights in the past so it'll be fun to try them out again with new champions. Plus, I haven't fought Nameless Thanos in forever. Probably four years or something. So that'll be fun.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    I pulled my most wanted champion last December, it gave a boost and I became more active but it is slowly going down, I’m still interested however the game feels like it drags a times. I wish there were some arena QoL changes. It’s boring at times.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    No more or less indifferent than last month. Got paragon this month but I play for fun so I'm not too fussed. Certain changes have annoyed me, bugs annoy me and some things have been good.

Its just a game folks, life has enough ways to kick you in the balls without letting this do it too.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I play it as long as it's enjoyable and for me personally, there's never been a better time to be part of the game.

This is almost as fresh and challenging as it was when I did my first ROL run. Took me 2 days I remember.

Resources are pretty easy to come, I'm opening plenty of 6*crystals, doing EQ with some challenge and also preparing for the Carina challenges. I do arena here and there plus Battlegrounds is pretty amazing.

People kept asking for p2p for years, yes, years and now that finally it's here, instead of enjoying the game mode for what it is, they choose to complain. Sure, there are flaws, there will always be, but come on, get in there and enjoy, whether you win or lose. Make some fun rank ups and throw them at your opponent.

Last but not the least, all rewards have been upgraded, gold is flowing quite well, unit flow is decent. Relics aren't what they're supposed to be but there's something there.

For me, it's looking good as long as I play it in the right quantities. 20-30 minutes a day isn't much. Maybe a couple of hours if I do arena and BG the same day.
  • Yeah, with the rise of Battlegrounds and its crazy amount of 6 star shards, I've been gaining a TON of game changing champions in the last 5 months or so. Obviously 7 stars are being pushed now, so 6 stars are much easier to obtain. But I do kinda miss when getting a rare 6 star was much more exciting. I feel like this transition to acquiring 6 stars faster came really fast. Right now, I have 6 star Knull, Kingpin, Rintrah, Quicksilver, Gorr, Wiccan, and many more just this month. Suffering from success? Yeah, but it's getting less exciting in a way.