**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Help on Thanos last phase

LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
edited January 2023 in Strategy and Tips
Hey all,

I’m doing my first run of the EOP plus the dimensional being objective. So far, it’s been pretty fun and challenging, but I’m really struggling on that last Thanos phase. I had banked a bunch of revives, but I’ve used pretty much all of them on this last Thanos phase.

Any tips?
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Also, using Galan, CGR, and hood
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Need to intercept him to remove indestructible
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 223 ★★
    Lpoo said:

Also, using Galan, CGR, and hood

I haven"t done the dimensional one yet and on my other runs he was a pain not dashing in. But with Hood you can get an intercept by being invisible and letting him hit once into your phase and then retaliating immediately. At least that counts as an intercept for things like foresight and Ebb and flow intercept. So it should work.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,019 ★★★★★
    My problem with Thanos last phase was after he threw his sp3 was not dying. I have no hints for you . Sorry
    Truly, honestly, the Eternity of Pain was not the path.

It was that last Thanos phase. Having to intercept when he just stands there, menacingly, was a real chore.

Thanks so much guys, I got Nebula from a nexus which I need for machine learning!
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,077 ★★★★
    So far my only run of EOP was for the #Dimensional Being challenge. I used the same team as you. For the last phase you need to intercept him to place the armor breaks on him and do damage, otherwise he's indestructible the rest of the fight. The first time you intercept in the fight you'll get a safeguard that prevents you from losing more than 20% of your total HP the next time you get him. This is what you need to use in order to tank the sp3. Keep intercepting him and once you get to sp3, intercept him once again to remove his indestructible and immediately throw your sp3. This is the only way you'll do damage to him consistently.

CGR and Hood worked the best. CGR gets the nice fury from the sp3 when you throw it so you get extra damage. Hood's staggers will also prevent Thanos' unstoppable after his sp3 which can get annoying. Pray that Thanos wants to cooperate and practice intercepting because you're gonna be doing that a lot. Good luck!
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I take it for granted that I know all of this thanos and his rotations because when he was first out it was a 2 fight quest so you could practise as many times as you wanted.

A lot of end game players today joined after infinity war with old dogs like me chillin in a retirement ally talking about back in my day and how far we had to walk to get t4b.

So far my only run of EOP was for the #Dimensional Being challenge. I used the same team as you. For the last phase you need to intercept him to place the armor breaks on him and do damage, otherwise he's indestructible the rest of the fight. The first time you intercept in the fight you'll get a safeguard that prevents you from losing more than 20% of your total HP the next time you get him. This is what you need to use in order to tank the sp3. Keep intercepting him and once you get to sp3, intercept him once again to remove his indestructible and immediately throw your sp3. This is the only way you'll do damage to him consistently.

CGR and Hood worked the best. CGR gets the nice fury from the sp3 when you throw it so you get extra damage. Hood's staggers will also prevent Thanos' unstoppable after his sp3 which can get annoying. Pray that Thanos wants to cooperate and practice intercepting because you're gonna be doing that a lot. Good luck!

I actually found Galan easier because of his longer reach