**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let's all stop Whining.

Yea the game is down and it's really unfortunate, but so what? Whining isn't gonna fix the issue. Let Kabam work on bringing the game back up...Geez. Yea I know they got us really excited for the anniversary event and most of us wanna pop that 1$ crystal or participate in the Arena, but we're helpless at this point. Let them do what they gotta do. Thanks.

Comments

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    its almost 9 pm here, i had afew hours to enjoy the game before i go to sleep and work my12hours shift and get back my 1$ spent on the game.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    Well, we have an AW that will expire during their multiple hour error while short staffed on a weekend trying to fix it.
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    its almost 9 pm here, i had afew hours to enjoy the game before i go to sleep and work my12hours shift and get back my 1$ spent on the game.

Well I'm sorry to hear that my friend. But sometimes these things happen that are unavoidable and out of our control. At least I hope you get someone good out of that crystal. Well, basically not a Kingpin.
    rwhack wrote: »
    Well, we have an AW that will expire during their multiple hour error while short staffed on a weekend trying to fix it.

I guess if I was in your shoes, I'd be pissed as well. Then again it's like pulling Antman out of your first 4 star Hero Crystal. What can you do? Nothing. Just go with it.
  • Apex1212Apex1212 Posts: 185
    edited December 2017
    Yep stop crying is right some people always need to complain about something so they can feel superior in some way. Its extremely sad all they do is complain if it didn't go down they would complain about not getting enough free 5* sig stones or 25 4* sig stones isn't enough. Or that Howard the duck isn't a good champ. Stop crying like a 5 year old.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Well, that’s not gonna happen.
    Rogue42 wrote: »
    Well, that’s not gonna happen.

What's not gonna happen? All the Whining not stopping? I guess.
  • SomethingsomeSomethingsome Posts: 176
    edited December 2017
    Spoken like players that don't spend...which is fine! More power to you. Others have spent thousands on this game, one alliance alone spent over 125,000 bucks on just the gifting event last year...so...you have quite a different view on the matter than some, and with such big numbers floating around there is legitimate cause to demand compensation, not to mention some people make their livelihoods on games like this and streaming. In the grand scheme of things, yes, this is a very trivial matter. But in the meta context of the game, it's MUCH larger than you think.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★

Well I'm sorry to hear that my friend. But sometimes these things happen that are unavoidable and out of our control. At least I hope you get someone good out of that crystal. Well, basically not a Kingpin.

Except it happens daily, if not multiple times a day. Once in a blue moon is one thing, remember those collectors "contest not up to my standards" packages we used to get? Remember when there was no weekly scheduled maintenance? Game was actually much more stable then.

Now we get nothing but silence, and a few people thinking a free duck is worth forgiving everything that we have put up with. Yes, it's a game, but it's also real money to a lot of people. Screw with people's time and money and things get ugly. And you lose customers.

Kabam has got to get their **** in order before Marvel gets involved again like they did with 12.0. Actually, let them.. it's the only way to get anything meaningful addressed apparently.
    Spoken like players that don't spend...which is fine! More power to you. Others have spent thousands on this game, one alliance alone spent over 125,000 bucks on just the gifting event last year...so...you have quite a different view on the matter than some, and with such big numbers floating around there is legitimate cause to demand compensation, not to mention some people make their livelihoods on games like this and streaming. In the grand scheme of things, yes, this is a very trivial matter. But in the meta context of the game, it's MUCH larger than you think.

Okay, and your point is? I get all everything you're saying but you're not getting what I'm saying. I'm saying these events are unpredictable and yes Kabam should've anticipated for the worst knowing A LOT of players are going to login for the event. But what can be done other than waiting? Is whining and getting frustrated going to bring the game back up? No.
    JRock808 wrote: »

Except it happens daily, if not multiple times a day. Once in a blue moon is one thing, remember those collectors "contest not up to my standards" packages we used to get? Remember when there was no weekly scheduled maintenance? Game was actually much more stable then.

Now we get nothing but silence, and a few people thinking a free duck is worth forgiving everything that we have put up with. Yes, it's a game, but it's also real money to a lot of people. Screw with people's time and money and things get ugly. And you lose customers.

Kabam has got to get their **** in order before Marvel gets involved again like they did with 12.0. Actually, let them.. it's the only way to get anything meaningful addressed apparently.

I'll agree 100% to what you're saying that they need to get their **** together. Well all we can do is HOPE that this incident becomes an eye opener for them considering it's slowly blowing out of proportion. Maybe I haven't been on the game long enough to truly understand everyone else's frustration with these crashes, but with a major event like this, it's bound to happen. Precautions should have been taken.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 22
    JRock808 wrote: »

Agreed. I understand weekly maintenance can be neccesary but when you ask people to grind for hours or spend money you expect the game to atleast be stable. I also wouldnt just roll over for kabam, we've seen MCOC rank very high in the app store for top grossing. So we know for a fact this game rolls in the dough and as much as I love new content I would appreciate a month of just quality of life updates; stable framerates, better servers, OLD CHAMP UPDATES, etc
    This is something that happens way too often to be "unpredictable". You can set your watch to their outages. This is nothing new.

No, this is totally predictable and preventable, at least in terms of the frequency of these outages. This is just bad infrastructure design and/or maintenance/patching.

Predictable & Preventable for sure. Sadly that wasn't the case brother. They should've done a better job and have a backup plan but that wasn't the case unfortunately. I'm just as frustrated just you are but what can we really do and just hope that Kabam learns their lesson.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★

No, this is totally predictable and preventable, at least in terms of the frequency of these outages. This is just bad infrastructure design and/or maintenance/patching.

Spender here so hopefully my reply meets your approval.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you don't work in network OPs. They very well may have load tested for X and prepared for it but Y logged in. You don't know.

I hate when people outside the profession make it seem like it's super simple to just "make things work". And unless you're working on an OLTP environment with millions of transactions every minute, you have no say in the matter.
  • Mattm912Mattm912 Posts: 9
    Maybe if they told us they will extend the arena time, we wouldn't be so salty. Or told us anything for that matter.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    TAke the game down for good for an hour but fix this situation. This is unacceptable
  • That's the thing, I've played this game since shortly after it released, this stuff developed in the last two years. The game used to be pretty rock solid, even on android. The "experience" has been steadily degrading.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you don't work in network OPs. They very well may have load tested for X and prepared for it but Y logged in. You don't know.

I hate when people outside the profession make it seem like it's super simple to just "make things work". And unless you're working on an OLTP environment with millions of transactions every minute, you have no say in the matter.

Preach sir, Preach. But at least you would think that they would've hoped for the worst, and had a backup plan ahead of the release of the anniversary event.
  • HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    Nice more posts whining about people whining lol.
  • I’ve been waiting for 3 hours, that’s how you know I’m a true supporter, lol
    Mattm912 wrote: »
    Maybe if they told us they will extend the arena time, we wouldn't be so salty. Or told us anything for that matter.

I agree. I think a compensation is deemed worthy. 2 hours have passed which basically means, a second round in the Arena for points. Something should be done, but for now lets all stop whining. :D
  • SPARTACUSSPARTACUS Posts: 14
    Is Kabam going to pay compensation for our loss. It's so bad, that it went down right in middle of the AW attack and I bet my champ would be down when the game is back.

Kabam, this is not so nice. We need compensation for the loss.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

This is totally avoidable. They've hyped the 3 year anniversary for a month. Freaking plan for it idiots!
  • buubuu Posts: 16
    Well my alli is going to lose aw because of this, so i have the right to whine

Preach sir, Preach. But at least you would think that they would've hoped for the worst, and had a backup plan ahead of the release of the anniversary event.

While true and trust me I'm not disagreeing with the anger towards the maintenance itself, but there's a possibility they did plan for the worse - and it was even worse than expected. I know of two friends who are casual players at best, haven't logged in in over a month who said they'd be logging in today. We have no idea how "bad" it actually got. Clearly Kabam didn't either lol
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★

I have 2 degrees and have been in IT development all of my working career, so maybe my response meets your approval.

If something like this happened at my place of business, and it has, we fix it. We don't just reboot and wait for it to happen again. We analyze, troubleshoot, and refactor whatever process is causing the failure, assuming it's a single point of fialure (which would be asinine for a multi-million dollar product).

We also,communicate, work with our customers, clients and users in order to rectify any unintended side effects, we certainly don't ignore them for days, weeks and months on end.

Maybe when you work for a place with systems that require high availability, and people are held accountable when that doesn't happen, you will understand.
    edited December 2017
    I'm also pretty sure the employees who had to work today unexpectedly are much more angrier at the situation than people on here are who can't claim their precious 4*, or who's losing a few hours *out of a week long event*.

I mean cmon, that's just lazy complaining if you're trying to claim compensation for the 7 day arena lol
This discussion has been closed.