**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bugged node in SQ?

LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
edited February 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
Im knocking down the defender and the protection stays

Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• stephen8992stephen8992 Posts: 34
    i was about to make a post about this! it will only sometimes go away whats going on???
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    Just about to say it . It seems to be broken and only works sometimes
  • In the new side quest, there is protection knockdown and the unstoppable thing.

However a) knocking down the defender doesnt take away protection unless you have knocked them down, intercepted and stole the unstoppable Annnd knocked down again while u have it. Shouldnt work like that.

b) Also shang chi doesnt work, using chi charge doesnt apply slow, only takes unstoppable away. Coupled with previous statement, i use slow, nothing happens. Knock them down, they get unstoppable, protection still there. Parry and use slow again, unstoppable goes away. Protection still there. Repeat cycle.

Is this a bug or am i missing something, there is no cleanse, no ability accuracy reduction to warrant this happening. Especially the protection not going away when defender knocked down.
  • BaraaBaraa Posts: 29
    I was just playing and there was nothing wrong, I build up special then knock down and intercept without knocking down then use specials and combos and it worked...
  • carpediem666carpediem666 Posts: 363 ★★★
    You cannot slow mutants. There’s a reason most of that path is mutant opponents.
  • Baraa said:

I was just playing and there was nothing wrong, I build up special then knock down and intercept without knocking down then use specials and combos and it worked...

For me if i knock them down, they keep protection. I have to knock them down, intercept. Once i steal the unstoppable, i have to knock down again to remove protec.
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    It isn't working for me as well but not sure why. Sometimes the protection is removed, sometimes it is not at all.
  • Are you sure the PROTECTION itself is still remaining after the initial knockdown ?
    Or because the Unstoppable kicks in at that point, it just seems like the original Protection is still there until you do the follow-up intercept ?

Why is the 2nd knockdown needed ?
    Unless the original 15 sec cooldown has now ended, but since you are still on your own transferred Unstoppable (20 sec) time, it is when his Protection kicks in again that you can do that follow-up knockdown and then both timers will be in your favor for a while in order to do some normal combos on him.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Currently running a team of all cosmic through for the weekly objective and it seems that Galvan’s secondary damage during harvest doesn’t care about the protection at all even though all other damage is reduced. So if you’ve got a Galan it might make your life a bit easier.
    Or rolling with a class with slow champs would be a good option too.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★

Currently running a team of all cosmic through for the weekly objective and it seems that Galvan’s secondary damage during harvest doesn’t care about the protection at all even though all other damage is reduced. So if you’ve got a Galan it might make your life a bit easier.
    Or rolling with a class with slow champs would be a good option too.

Mojo must be fun :)

Mutant for me...
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    It's cause you can't knockdown someone who's unstoppable. I'm guessing that's the idea. For example in EOP ikaris you can't bait heavy and knockdown with heavy if you use CMM because she stuns and makes him unstoppable

It's cause you can't knockdown someone who's unstoppable. I'm guessing that's the idea. For example in EOP ikaris you can't bait heavy and knockdown with heavy if you use CMM because she stuns and makes him unstoppable

So you're saying the unstoppable triggers before the defender is knocked down, even they both unstoppable and removal of protection happen concurrently.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★

You cannot slow mutants. There’s a reason most of that path is mutant opponents.

i can slow with quicksilver but not shang chi both apply the same debuff. And still doesnt answer why i need to knock down twice to remove protection
    Shang chi cannot slow mutants or specifically one cannot slow opponents with class advantage. The rest of the node seems to be bugged though
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    Solution.... Use Valkyrie and units? This is all very stupid that we have to bring this up already within 3 hours of the side quest launching....

F- Kabam
    Kitty for safe (safer) intercepting too.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Key point that should be made in the node is that you can’t special intercept. Also, finding intercepting doesn’t always remove the passive unstoppable.

Dr. Zola

That's where I'm at. Intercept is removing about 10% of the time.