**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

An Update on the Battle Against Cheaters - February 1st 2023

Hello Summoners!

We wanted to provide an update in our ongoing battle against modders/cheaters as this most recent Battlegrounds and AW seasons come to an end,

One of the most impactful changes we’ve made since our last update has been tweaks and updates to our automated systems. We have, once again, bolstered our parameters and approach to identifying and banning modders, not just in Battlegrounds, but everywhere across the Contest.

By making these adjustments to the system and continuing with multiple manual sweeps each week, our team has been identifying and banning at least 75% more cheaters over the last month. We feel that this was a change that was felt by many of our Summoners, especially those competing for the top spots in Battlegrounds.

We made a lot of progress over the last month, but the war on cheaters will be a long one. We have plans for more additions and adjustments in the near future that will continue to improve the game experience for honest Summoners everywhere, including shortening the time required to release Battlegrounds rewards.

Thank you for your continued patience,

- MCOC Team

Comments

• PemulaPemula Posts: 60
    Any info when is your target for bg rewards will be distributed ?
  • It’s great that it’s still being worked on. There have definitely been less modders that I’ve matched against. Thanks for your efforts everyone!
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 731 ★★★
    Awesome! Keep up the good work.
  • This season of Battlegrounds definitely appeared much better in terms of obvious cheaters so thank you for that.

One area of the game where it’s hard to see any impact from the improved efforts is Arena. There also has been no mention in cheating in Arena since the massive ban from a year or so ago where you guys have players the rewards they would have earned if not for cheaters finishing above them. Since that time Arena cut off scores have only gone up. Any comments on Arena?
  • natelc4185natelc4185 Posts: 4
    Any word on when BG season rewards will be released?
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Thank you!
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    Well all I can say is that my alliance was directly impacted positively because of these bans so cheers! :)
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    I can safely say I encountered fewer cheaters in Season 4 than I did in previous Seasons. Glad to see change manifesting.
  • Dude17Dude17 Posts: 133 ★★
    Chovner said:

They probably look at realized revenue from the banned accounts and determine that they can't afford to permanently ban all of them, hence the useless slap on the wrist bans.

The cynical side of me thinks that. But I suspect Kabam’s legal team may have advised them against permanent bans to avoid liability.

(Note: NAL, just another schmuck who watches too many legal dramas)
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Got this message on my yt account as response to a BG yt vid I did where in the video I mentioned modders. I left his yt name out. Bottom line so many modders just justify jacking over other players and have no intention of stopping.

• TanukiTalesTanukiTales Posts: 253 ★★
    I'm amused at the eleven people who disagreed with me, who probably don't even know how statistics work. They just see "75%" and go "That's a big number! It must mean a big number! Big number!"
  • DjehoutyDjehouty Posts: 5
    In BG it is true that I met a lot less cheaters, that's good.

On the other hand on the other game modes there are plenty. For example in incursions, lots of players complete the 25 rooms with their account and another fake account with a bot in order to win without any difficulty. It's frustrating to see that, personally I did it solo, and I spent 1500-2000u...

I'm not even talking about the EOP, there are plenty of players who cheat to get the rewards quickly. There is still a lot of work to do to remove all the cheaters...
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I cant understand why, if a first offence ban cannot be permanent, why it's not for a full season of whatever game mode the cheating was discovered.

I appreciate the effort from Kabam but honestly, I could quite happily put the game down for 10 days after modding a bunch of content* and I doubt modders care about 10 days of calendar rewards.

*not a cheater, never will be.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Just a suggestion but how about not making the Battleground store available until after the season. I’m pretty sure the only reason to mod in BGs is for the rewards in the battleground store. Or since you are doing multiple scan and bans a week make the store only available after a round of scan and ban.
  • It’s amazing that y’all can make a post about cheaters, but not about how and why we haven’t received rewards yet. Y’all post a lot of psycho babble that isn’t helping us or y’all. Just like we’re still experiencing parry issue in the game, but y’all act like it’s of little concern. Where are the Battleground rewards, and why do we have to wait so long?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,151 ★★★★★
    MCOC Team said:

and banning modders, not just in Battlegrounds, but everywhere across the Contest.

That's the biggest W in my dictionary.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    Permanent bans would be great. But I think 30 days is what they settle on.