**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on adding Emotes to BG’s?

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
I feel like they’ll get turned into another toxic mechanic- hopefully you won’t be able to spam them and they aren’t overtly bad either
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    JMC2007JMC2007 Posts: 42
    So these emotes will only be when you reach GC. If so then that sucks. I like the idea of emotes but why can’t they be for everyone
  • Options
    TanukiTalesTanukiTales Posts: 255 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

There will be a mute button! Twas my exact concern.

Thanks Jax for clearing that up.
  • Options
    Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    I’m curious to see the placement, if it’s not in the way I think it could be occasionally fun. Also would love to know what they look like
  • Options
    Ace2319 said:

I’m curious to see the placement, if it’s not in the way I think it could be occasionally fun. Also would love to know what they look like

I agree, we need a baby groot dance emote
  • Options
    JMC2007JMC2007 Posts: 42

You earn additional emotes when you reach the GC, everyone will start with some and they can be used in the Victory Track.

Thanks for the clarification

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Pikolu said:

I'm glad they are adding emotes as some way of communication because there are some matchups that I barely lost where I just wish I could congratulate my opponent on their outstanding gameplay. I also want a thanos emote where he says "I'm sorry little one" that I can use whenever I am facing someone who has a way smaller roster than me. I always feel bad when they have to face me.

I mean, what would stop you from adding them after the match and telling that to them in a direct message?
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

I'm glad they are adding emotes as some way of communication because there are some matchups that I barely lost where I just wish I could congratulate my opponent on their outstanding gameplay. I also want a thanos emote where he says "I'm sorry little one" that I can use whenever I am facing someone who has a way smaller roster than me. I always feel bad when they have to face me.

I mean, what would stop you from adding them after the match and telling that to them in a direct message?
    Most people, myself included, have friend requests turned off in-game. Also, by the time they accept it, it would be forever after the match and would be kinda pointless. I much rather tell them right then and there
    "Most people".

Alright, fair enough.

Long as we can mute them and they can't be abused like the forced "pleasant speech" in games like Overwatch.
  • Options
    Out_law said:

Pikolu said:

Well well he still lives
    Excuse me?
  • Options
    Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★

Not sure what an emote is but sounds like we can turn them off, so cool

I’m assuming it’s going to be some form of a chat but you can only use a few set options of marvel themed pictures to communicate
  • Options
    Ace2319 said:

I’m assuming it’s going to be some form of a chat but you can only use a few set options of marvel themed pictures to communicate
    I thought it was going to be like the Incursion chat ones.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,927 ★★★★★

Ace2319 said:

I thought it was going to be like the Incursion chat ones.
    Forgot that existed now with solo mode
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★
    Can we get a future thor VEGASSSSSSSSS emote?
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    I, for one, cannot wait to spam Herc laugh on all my friends I see while pushing Celest next season. Emoting tis just friendly banter, after all! 😉
  • Options

If you played clash royale, those were emotes that they had in the matches.
  • Options
    Will the emotes be memes of MCU and Comic origin or will they be generic emotes?
This discussion has been closed.