**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Its time to stop, Kabam

nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
edited February 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
Its funny how game is rigged against players

How does this sequence make any sense of this behaviour?! How come Ai predetermined that it will hit no matter what?
Its been happening way to much in past months this kinds of stuff… Teleporting Ai, is this the new way of gameplay?

Comments

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    Because she's unstoppable?
  • BDVL_BDVL_ Posts: 27
    Bro just use slow champs. Like shangchi, she hulk, silver centurion . Or easy accses intercept like kitty or ghost
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 791 ★★★
    actually it bug node, but i can complete it and it not so hard, also i bring champs that very suitable for this node like she hulk, spider gwen and shang chi. for havok i bring nimrod and use the intercept tactics to get slow, and i didn't use any single pots for the level 5
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★

actually it bug node, but i can complete it and it not so hard, also i bring champs that very suitable for this node like she hulk, spider gwen and shang chi. for havok i bring nimrod and use the intercept tactics to get slow, and i didn't use any single pots for the level 5

Thank you for trying to help, but i have no issues with nodes or this quest at all. I already completed this quest just as it came out.

The post was about Ai manipulating distances, not about how hard or bugged node is. This happens everywhere just only in this quest i managed to catch on video.

@Kaizen_King, yea that’s exactly whats happening. Kabam acknowledged that was a bug of herc using sp1 and missing, but they already fixed that, now would be great if they fixed rest of same issue not only on Hercs sp1.

This is video for more clearance. I had to slow it down to the max, otherwise it happens so fast its almost impossible to see what actually happened.
    https://youtu.be/mI2SS-dtvPE
    nOux said:

Just another example of Ai not registering that it was hit.
    Tigra’s heavy attack: Hit-whiff-hit. ?!?!?
    https://youtu.be/0LZyatU9yGg
    This game has serious issue with hit detection while hitting Ai, ofc this only happens on players side. I have seen this happen to me personally so many times i lost the count. But when player is hit it always connects without any issues.

I would say its game engine bugging out, but then i should have seen this happen other way around not only when hitting Ai.

• SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    A little off topic but something cool that I was thinking about was how when I used to play brawlhala, instead of this type of thing happening, the two brawlers clashed and just pushed both of them back a little. Not that a want that to be implemented but that would be kinda cool to see
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Well, as I was saying in my previous, deleted message, if AI keeps evolving in a year we won t be able to follow up and play the game. The worst things for me is the light intercepts, the dashing backs all the time and when they brake heavies. Especially when there s a 2 or more hits heavy, after the first move, the defender throughs a special.
    Or are we going to pretend that Ai dont have reduced block frames as example?
    Then i have question, how many frames does it take recovering from blocked medium hits that Ai can recover from blocked first hit and parry second double hit medium attack?
    edited February 2023

I’m just going to leave this here… and see if it stays. 😁

https://youtu.be/NBR8Jo21qGg

Ok, i will be fair on both sides towards Kabam and towards players.

This video is not a good example of an issue.
    1. First clip of Ai “dexing” after Corvus SP1. U dont need Dexterity mastery to dodge contact attacks, players can do that as well, Dexterity mastery just allows you to dodge projectile attacks.
    2. Second clip of Ai recovering from heavy attack and punishing BG with sp1. Its game mechanic that u can cancel your recovery frames or attacks with usage of Specials. Players can do that and i dont see an issue of Ai using established game rules.

My issue is when Ai is breaking rules.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    nOux said:

1. First clip of Ai “dexing” after Corvus SP1. U dont need Dexterity mastery to dodge contact attacks, players can do that as well, Dexterity mastery just allows you to dodge projectile attacks.
    2. Second clip of Ai recovering from heavy attack and punishing BG with sp1. Its game mechanic that u can cancel your recovery frames or attacks with usage of Specials. Players can do that and i dont see an issue of Ai using established game rules.

@nOux
    I don’t think you fully understand how the fight mechanics in this game work. Dexterity isn’t JUST for projective attacks, it’s about being able to evade ANY attacks very late, or what Dork Lessons referred to as “deep evade” in his ninja videos so many years ago. If you had evaded back that late into an attack I promise you “dexterity” would’ve popped up on the screen - that’s how it works! I suggest you go read the description of dexterity mastery again.

Second, the problem with the Capt Falcon fight wasn’t that he was able to cancel his heavy attack, it was that he cancelled and launched the SP1 LONG after Apoc’s attack would’ve, SHOULD’VE connected! This is the exact thing you’ve been complaining about in this thread about how AI’s inputs just override whatever you are doing - that animations aren’t matching up to what is supposed to be happening within the fight.

nOux said:

@nOux
    I don’t think you fully understand how the fight mechanics in this game work. Dexterity isn’t JUST for projective attacks, it’s about being able to evade ANY attacks very late, or what Dork Lessons referred to as “deep evade” in his ninja videos so many years ago. If you had evaded back that late into an attack I promise you “dexterity” would’ve popped up on the screen - that’s how it works! I suggest you go read the description of dexterity mastery again.

Second, the problem with the Capt Falcon fight wasn’t that he was able to cancel his heavy attack, it was that he cancelled and launched the SP1 LONG after Apoc’s attack would’ve, SHOULD’VE connected! This is the exact thing you’ve been complaining about in this thread about how AI’s inputs just override whatever you are doing - that animations aren’t matching up to what is supposed to be happening within the fight.

Ok look, im here not to argue with players about this or that or send Kabam after never ending goose chase, im here to show problems of Ai behaviour that is not achievable by players ergo breaking established rules of game mechanics.

Lets go back to first claim what i said regarding Dexterity mastery:

https://youtu.be/y-sofZ6s3mI
    U can see, i have no Dexterity mastery and i can dodge incoming contact attacks, same as Ai can. Purpose of Dexterity mastery was always to enable dodging of projectile attacks and give short Precision buff after dodge.

Second point about Falcon, if hit did not registered u can use Special and ignore hit because it coded this way to prevent taking damage while in usage of Specials with hits.
    https://youtu.be/dt0PnsVja-8
    Players can do that, Ai should do that as well.

Like i said, there is some intentional mechanics and there are mechanics that Ai just ignores them to get benefit unachievable by players.

Like example of what i said about parrying second medium double attack, that’s impossible for players to do due to block frames are to long to recover and enter block again.
    Other example of increased Ai recovery is single hit heavy attack, Ai heavy attack frames are shortened so much it can dodge sometimes right after heavy, while player would be still locked in to heavy animation at the same time.

Like i said im here not look for a beef or argue with players about knowledge of the game mechanics. Please dont mix actual problems with game mechanics.
    7714dtl said:

People can say its the same all they want. I know I have eaten alot of Mysterio's heavies at a speed I can't recreate.

This is as well one of the problems that Ai is doing what players can’t do.
    And there are many instances like this that Ai is bending rules.

All i ask is not easier fights or make opponent become punching bags that don’t retaliate, but to have even playing field in game mechanics.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Dex isn't just for projectiles. Dex is a Mastery that allows you to dodge Specials, as well as other incoming Attacks.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    nOux said:

nOux said:

@nOux

Ok look, im here not to argue with players about this or that or send Kabam after never ending goose chase, im here to show problems of Ai behaviour that is not achievable by players ergo breaking established rules of game mechanics.
    Fair enough @nOux . I wasn’t looking for an argument either. Like I said, I’ve been playing this game for nearly 7 years and I know what is happening in the game the last couple of years wasn’t there before. They have continually jiggered with fight mechanics to make the game more unpredictable and harder to the point where as one summoner put it, it’s becoming the Kobayashi Maru - an un-winnable fight.

Dex isn't just for projectiles. Dex is a Mastery that allows you to dodge Specials, as well as other incoming Attacks.

Ok let’s break it down what does Dexterity mastery do.
    First we need to understand what kind of attack types game has.
    It has Contact attacks and it has Projectile attacks. These attack types can be done by basic hits or specials attacks. Don’t confuse these attacks with damage type attacks like energy or physical.
    Without Dexterity mastery champions can dodge only contact attacks, that does not matter is its by basic hit or specials attack hit.
    Dexterity gives champions ability to avoid not only Contact attack but Projectiles as well.

If u don’t believe,me open Customer Support ticket, ask Kabam game developers, they will tell you exactly the same thing.

nOux said:

nOux said:

@nOux

Fair enough @nOux . I wasn’t looking for an argument either. Like I said, I’ve been playing this game for nearly 7 years and I know what is happening in the game the last couple of years wasn’t there before. They have continually jiggered with fight mechanics to make the game more unpredictable and harder to the point where as one summoner put it, it’s becoming the Kobayashi Maru - an un-winnable fight.
    Oh I totally agree with you @Kaizen_King, thats the purpose of this thread, enough is enough. Make it fair play with difficult nodes not with cheating Ai.
    edited February 2023
    Look @GroundedWisdom im gonna save Kabam support save precious time because there are bigger issues to solve than this simple question about Dexterity mastery
    https://youtu.be/N1Q4UnQEg_w

U can see i dont have Dexterity mastery and i can dodge special attack hits that are Contact type.
    I hope this will add to your knowledge base, because this cost me 12 units lol
    nOux said:

It has Contact attacks and it has Projectile attacks. These attack types can be done by basic hits or specials attacks. Don’t confuse these attacks with damage type attacks like energy or physical.
    Without Dexterity mastery champions can dodge only contact attacks, that does not matter is its by basic hit or specials attack hit.
    Dexterity gives champions ability to avoid not only Contact attack but Projectiles as well.

If u don’t believe,me open Customer Support ticket, ask Kabam game developers, they will tell you exactly the same thing.

Dexterity works with physical and non-physical alike.

nOux said:

Wow… RIP my 12 units
    Well, you can test it. Whether it's physical, or energy, Dexterity allows you to dodge incoming Attacks. Sure, you can move out of the way without it at times, but good luck Evading a Special.

nOux said:

I specifically said don’t confuse Contact attacks and Projectile attack types with damage types.. Focus up.