**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Its time to stop, Kabam

2»

Comments

• nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited February 2023

Well, you can test it. Whether it's physical, or energy, Dexterity allows you to dodge incoming Attacks. Sure, you can move out of the way without it at times, but good luck Evading a Special.

Im sorry, but dont u see the video of me evading special attack hits without dexterity mastery? Im specifically next to the wall so i couldn’t move out of hit range from special attacks and im evading them?
    There is no difference if its Physical or Energy attack damage type, it does not affect evading with or without Dexterity mastery

Btw there is no point in testing, there is this pretty good site called auntm.ai in there dedicated players already did all testing ant put on that site for each champion what does what is it physical or energy or contact or projectile
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I've been playing for 7 years, and my understanding of Dex hasn't changed, but if you have information I don't, I'm all ears.

I've been playing for 7 years, and my understanding of Dex hasn't changed, but if you have information I don't, I'm all ears.

It never changed it was working like that from the start. U dont need Dexterity mastery to dodge Contact Specials attack hits.
    Im gonna repost this,

https://youtu.be/N1Q4UnQEg_w
    and hope that with your 7 years of playing the game you can tell when Ai is using special and when dodge happens (i rly hope)
    nOux said:

It never changed it was working like that from the start. U dont need Dexterity mastery to dodge Contact Specials attack hits.
    Im gonna repost this,

and hope that with your 7 years of playing the game you can tell when Ai is using special and when dodge happens (i rly hope)
    Yes. I know. That's why I indicated you can dodge out of the way sometimes, and I'm also aware that you can remove it to deal with certain content like Buffet. What I'm saying is, it doesn't matter if it's physical or non-physical with Dex, and all you're doing is moving out of the way of hits. You're still taking a chance. You could be hit. With Dexterity, you're guaranteed to take no Damage, per spawn, and you generate a Precision Buff. The reason you can only do it with physical Damage is you're not actually dodging, just avoiding contact.

nOux said:

Im gonna repost this,

Yes. I know. That's why I indicated you can dodge out of the way sometimes, and I'm also aware that you can remove it to deal with certain content like Buffet. What I'm saying is, it doesn't matter if it's physical or non-physical with Dex, and all you're doing is moving out of the way of hits. You're still taking a chance. You could be hit. With Dexterity, you're guaranteed to take no Damage, per spawn, and you generate a Precision Buff. The reason you can only do it with physical Damage is you're not actually dodging, just avoiding contact.
    It just funny to me how u say i did not dodge the attack but just avoided contact.
    Its same as saying “ i did not drive my car here, but operated machine on four wheels thats transports people to get here” I’ll give u that, thats pretty funny.
    Dodge attack is the same as avoiding the contact.
    I just wish that one of the Kabam moderators stepped in here for a second to explain what does Dexterity mastery do, so i would not have to try to explain same thing in million ways, trying to say same thing over and over.

It would be helpful to MCOC community to get better understanding of what it actually does, because i can see there is a lots of misconceptions of how it actually works ( i know thats its not easy to explain everything in detail just in small ingame description of mastery itself)

nOux said:

Im gonna repost this,

is it not entering your brain even though he showed in the video that he just avoided the special attack which is made up of contact attacks easily without dexterity mastery. what can't you understand?
    Who said I didn't understand it? Pretty sure I described what was taking place. I can see what he did. Can you explain to me what scenario you can go into game play without Dexterity and count on using that strategy? Other than specific Fights you know are going to be purely physical or trigger Buffet, you're going to need it.

nOux said:

Im gonna repost this,

is it not entering your brain even though he showed in the video that he just avoided the special attack which is made up of contact attacks easily without dexterity mastery. what can't you understand?
    Who said I didn't understand it? Pretty sure I described what was taking place. I can see what he did. Can you explain to me what scenario you can go into game play without Dexterity and count on using that strategy? Other than specific Fights you know are going to be purely physical or trigger Buffet, you're going to need it.
    First of all, what you were explaining was more further from what’s actually happening mechanics wise as it can get.

I have better question for you, why are commenting on a thread that u haven’t read trough and focusing on one thing that u took completely out of context on why Dexterity mastery was discussed, and now u are saying something like “ Can you explain to me what scenario you can go into game play without Dexterity and count on using that strategy? “ while this was never in question?
    How are still able to post on forums by intentionally trying to derail conversation that was not discussed about?
    How about you next time before clicking on post reply make sure you read trough it, to have a clue whats the context of conversation was all about, before placing yourself and others in this position?
    Unbelievable
    I read the Thread. I've actually been following. I've heard your arguments, and actually restrained myself from pointing out a number of things wrong with your arguments. First off, charging at a Champ is not Intercepting. Not if they're not attacking. When said Champ is Unstoppable, they're going to bypass your attack.
    Secondly, the AI is not designed to make Players fail. That's just not a thing. Are there issues with lining up? For sure. Those are bugs, not sabotaging within the program.
    As for derailing, you're doing that yourself.

I read the Thread. I've actually been following. I've heard your arguments, and actually restrained myself from pointing out a number of things wrong with your arguments. First off, charging at a Champ is not Intercepting. Not if they're not attacking. When said Champ is Unstoppable, they're going to bypass your attack.
    Secondly, the AI is not designed to make Players fail. That's just not a thing. Are there issues with lining up? For sure. Those are bugs, not sabotaging within the program.
    As for derailing, you're doing that yourself.

Again, u doing same thing… have u seen the video of why this thread started?
    Have u not see that Ai is dashing in, that means its performing medium attack from distance, interrupting that attack is called intercept. I was performing light intercept while Ai was performing medium attack, my light attack got whiffed for some unknown reason. Unstoppable node can be removed while opponent is intercepted, thats the purpose of the node.
    Stop making fool of yourself its not funny anymore….
    There is at least 3 videos on this thread about Ai doing fishy things 1 of them was acknowledged as a bug and fixed, maybe if u watched them before commenting u had a better clue on whats this thread about?
    You seem to be needlessly confrontational. I know he proved you can avoid Special Damage without it. No one said otherwise. However, there are more aspects to what's going on than "the game is rigged against Players". That's what I'm addressing. There are mechanical explanations. That was my point. Not this peeing contest of who is right and who is wrong. Frankly, I don't care.
  • shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    Dexterity allows you to evade all attacks while dodging back. Now you can dodge contact attacks EVEN WITHOUT dexterity, but you CAN'T dex projectiles without the mastery. This includes things like Jane's L1, Storm's L2. (If you are confused about which attacks are or aren't contact/non-contact, auntm.ai has a list of every single one and its type.) That's why some champs (Invisible Woman, SM2099, Misty Knight) have this ability: "While Dodging backward, [champion] is not struck by attacks.") They basically have Dexterity built into their base kit (minus the crit chance, but I'm fairly sure no one has ever cared about that.) So the fact that Corvus was able to "dex" Doom's hit after SP1 is fishy not because "the ai shouldnt be able to dex that without seeing dexterity pop up" but because the recovery time was too fast.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,194 ★★★★
    nOux said:

This is video for more clearance. I had to slow it down to the max, otherwise it happens so fast its almost impossible to see what actually happened.
    https://youtu.be/mI2SS-dtvPE

Hey fam, I just did SQs and this happened to me, not like it happened to you, I explain myself, I was the one that got the advantage when I shouldnt, just like what AI did to you, I did it to the AI, Its clearly a bug with the models, I think it only happened after the patch, before the patch of Zemo and Absorbing man this kind of things didnt happen.

Just happens randomly but its clearly a bug, I hope Kabam looks into this @Kabam Miike
    At least others are experiencing same stuff. Slow down to 0.25 for full on glorious Ai intercept priority
    https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxHt31dJDMtvo11sRVWRLPGI5eDCWxBR6N

Jefechuta said:

nOux said:

This is video for more clearance. I had to slow it down to the max, otherwise it happens so fast its almost impossible to see what actually happened.

Hey fam, I just did SQs and this happened to me, not like it happened to you, I explain myself, I was the one that got the advantage when I shouldnt, just like what AI did to you, I did it to the AI, Its clearly a bug with the models, I think it only happened after the patch, before the patch of Zemo and Absorbing man this kind of things didnt happen.

Just happens randomly but its clearly a bug, I hope Kabam looks into this @Kabam Miike
    I think your are right, now looking closely i can see that it has to do something with Model animations, it looks like when medium attack starts it readjust model position just outside the hit reach of incoming intercept and it disables lets call it “homing attack” what this game has to deal with distances. It looks like a massive bug, specially when it happens in hard content where every received hit means a lot.

Also would like to add, everyone keeps tossing around different terms (contact, noncontact, energy, physical, projectile, etc). For the sake of dexterity there are only TWO kinds of attacks: attacks that cross the whole screen, attacks that don't. The ones that cross the whole screen can only be dodged with the dex on. The other ones can be avoided without.

Everybody is using these terms like Contact attack and Projectile attacks because its the game who defines these attack types, not players. You can have Projectile attack but it does not have to cover whole screen, like for example Shuri all her basic attacks is Projectile type and not Contact, so without Dexterity mastery u cant dodge her attacks or parry stun because it does not make Contact.
    My point is that Projectiles does not have to be screen covering attack, there are more than plenty champions that perform projectile attacks from melee range and there are plenty of champions that their ability kit is designed to work with these Contact/Projectile type attacks in mind.

Also would like to add, everyone keeps tossing around different terms (contact, noncontact, energy, physical, projectile, etc). For the sake of dexterity there are only TWO kinds of attacks: attacks that cross the whole screen, attacks that don't. The ones that cross the whole screen can only be dodged with the dex on. The other ones can be avoided without.

And for more examples of what champion which attack are Contact or Projectile u can visit this superb site https://auntm.ai/champions/.
    Clicking on different champions and scrolling down it tells u which hit from what attack is based on what type, is it Contact Physical/Energy or Projectile Energy/Physical
    This is one of the more funny interactions of so called projectile attacks.
    DaredevilOG signature ability gives him 100% chance to evade projectiles while Shuri all attacks are Projectile and u get this hilarious interaction
    https://youtu.be/rQQ45-blPZQ
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,194 ★★★★
    nOux said:

Jefechuta said:

nOux said:

I think your are right, now looking closely i can see that it has to do something with Model animations, it looks like when medium attack starts it readjust model position just outside the hit reach of incoming intercept and it disables lets call it “homing attack” what this game has to deal with distances. It looks like a massive bug, specially when it happens in hard content where every received hit means a lot.
    Yup, already talked about this on a discussion I posted, but as always, Kabam does not want to know about bugs that are hard to fix, so...
    edited February 2023
    Im just gonna leave it here. Its from todays KT1 stream of Battlegrounds. Very nice
    https://youtu.be/Mlvc24Utnsc
    I rly liked that Resist prompt for 1 frame…