**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why are we losing/gaining war rating?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 48
    So it sounds like whatever team has the ability to pull the plug on this round - just do it.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023

Isn't that unfair to the other Alliances not affected?
    Man2th said:

So it sounds like whatever team has the ability to pull the plug on this round - just do it.

• Options
    Gmonkey said:

Also showing unsteady not the new tactic

I'm told this is a knock-on effect from the same issue impacting the war rating. It should be remedied by the next matchup.
  • Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 48

Isn't that unfair to the other Alliances not affected?

Man2th said:

Well it definitely isn’t helping any alliance. It’s simple - game team dropped the ball which is causing impacts to alliances war rating - right now. We could say well it doesn’t impact this alliance who cares less about AW or whatever. The fact is this failure to ensure a task/action was done to ensure no slips ups was a failure on someone not me, you or any other player.

Asking my guys to boosts and take this round serious is appalling. Many others would agree. This isn’t the first time. Mistakes made once is my bad - don’t let it happen again - if it does what can we do to address it considering the impacts. Here we go again - words lose value, trust, confidence and frankly just pisses players off especially Officers & planners.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    There are 20 Tiers total. 5 that are meant to be frozen. Shutting it down for everyone causes a larger problem in an already-problematic situation.
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    It's the first 5 tiers that are impacted the most. Your multiplier can change from 1x to 1.5x by moving between tiers during the off season. Whereas the lower tiers, your multiplier only changes 0.1x or 0.2x max.
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    My alliance just hit tier1 and is in a different timezone to US and we just come across this now and are way, way behind and a loss sends us back to tier2. We had people joining with teams to test instead of trying to win, while the other alliance is going for a win (nothing against them at all).

This is completely unfair as we weren't prepared for this and to have an off season war affect our multiplier for next season is rubbish.

If our multiplier changes and isn't reversed I am going to continue raising this one way or another until the fair outcome is given.
  • Options
    CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Heard this from the game team:

"We've run into a snag. What's currently happening, and this is on us, we migrated the war freeze too late, so the first war is going to count for something. [We're] in talks with the team to see if we can query and reverse any gains or losses during this time frame"

We'll do the best we can to remedy the situation, please try to be patient while we work toward a solution.

Apologies and thanks.

Breh
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Heard this from the game team:

"We've run into a snag. What's currently happening, and this is on us, we migrated the war freeze too late, so the first war is going to count for something. [We're] in talks with the team to see if we can query and reverse any gains or losses during this time frame"

We'll do the best we can to remedy the situation, please try to be patient while we work toward a solution.

Apologies and thanks.

Any news on fixing the war rating back to what it was at the end of the season? And are you sure the issue is fixed prior to the matchmaking phase?
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Any update about the points drop\gain of that last war?
    We had few players leaving after the season was over, ignored diversity and place defenders with suicide so we had low chance to win this last war. As result we dropped to P3.
    Will we get the points back? If yes, then when?
    We were counting on practice the new tactic\nodes and now we can't.

The fair thing to do will be to revert it back to how it was before the last war, but from my past experience "fair" was never a priority.
  • Options
    The team is continuing to investigate adjusting any changes to war rating resulting from this first matchup.

I am being assured that the adjustments are already made for any subsequent off-season matches.
  • Options
    Naz_786Naz_786 Posts: 150
    Any updates?
  • Options
    KrisDevil88KrisDevil88 Posts: 1
    Kabam you definitely need to restore the end-of-season values.
    We closed at rank 2 ( after a challenging season) and with the first off-season war we dropped to rank 3.
    This is unacceptable. You cannot undo the efforts of an entire season because of your mistake. You must remedy it otherwise yes that is a lack of seriousness and respect for your users.
  • Options
    ArpollitoArpollito Posts: 82

That first war when off-season started still needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    Also auto-enlistment for off-season was set to 1 group and it auto-enlisted 3 like if regular season was still on.
  • Options
    I had to toggle the check mark on auto enlistment to fix it. To say 1 group instead of 3 enlisted. So I believe that fixed it!!!
  • Options
    jimmy89Leejimmy89Lee Posts: 13
    Third war in off-season and still losing rating...
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★

Third war in off-season and still losing rating...

Are you in Tier 6 or lower? War rating is always changing down there.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Only tier 1-5 will have war rating locked.
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    Can we please have a confirmation that the off season war that had war rating affect will be reversed during off season?

My alliance went from 3190 to 3165 and fell from tier1 to tier2 multiplier which would affect our first war commencing next season.

Don't mind how long it takes but would like to see this fixed please before season start.
  • Options
    Hey Summoners,

Here with an update:

The game team has confirmed that they will be reverting the war rating of any alliances who lost the first matchup in the off-season. They will not be adjusting the scores of the alliances that won that matchup. The intention is: we cannot punish the alliances that worked for/used resources on those matchups.