**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

EoP Carina Challenge Spider-verse inquiry

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,139 ★★★★★
edited February 2023 in Strategy and Tips
I’ll be taking the right side. I can’t play Sparky well, and I had to brute force the other challenges that I’ve done (about 100 revives). I can rank 4 any of the champs, awaken them, and max sig if needed (but would prefer not to max sig). Completing Carina’s is my main focus/goal. Suggestions on who to take?

Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,628 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    I would also consider based on synergies. Several of them have potent synergies with each other, and there are certain champs (like 2099) that you want to heavily consider taking (for Thanos, with 2099).

I've heard great things with Gwen, Stealthy has damage and utility, so he's solid, but I haven't actually played through that one yet though so I'll defer.
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 739 ★★★
    Stealthy is so good against Thanos - especially that annoying last phase.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    Haven’t done it but slow ranking in preparation. Obviously Herc is often a key component of first four, but I’ve seen Miles plus Gwen to start with SM99 subbed for Herc at the choice node.

Dr. Zola
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Posts: 148 ★★
    be aware of Ikaris, since you don't have Spidey supreme, I'd say go for Stealthy, and hit him on his block once then hold block to bait heavy and retaliate with your heavy, it's very long and tedious fight, or you can brute force it by healing to full each run, gonna be costly!!!!

SM99 can cheese Thanos, using sp2, he will not gain any power, even at the final phase!!!!
    Miles gonna be great for Kraven

my team was Herc for first 4, then Miles (r3) + Stealthy (r3) + SM99 (r3)
    approximately, I used:
    1 Dorm / 0 Bishop / 3 xbone / 0 OS / 1 Kraven / 3 Scorpion / 12 Ikaris / 7 PP / 2 Thanos

Thanos was almost one shot, but I wasted my sp3 on indestructible (started with 16% hp)

the run would've been a lot cheaper, but I didn't use potions since I was super low on them, xbone + Ikaris + PP would've costed 3 revives max on all of them.

against Ikaris with no mystic, you don't want him to have more than 6 charges of his, otherwise, you will take a lot of damage every time he uses sp1, my strategy is to hit him on block until he has 5 charges, then one medium from distance and hold block and be ready to dash back fast to bait heavy and retaliate with yours, OVER AND OVER AGAIN for the whole fight.
    Stealthy is the best here since after your sp1, you get all crit, and after that if you use sp2, you get more damage per heavy, I was dealing around 8k per heavy!!

(btw, lookup on YouTube how to cheese Kraven using Miles, you gonna take damage, so boosting is great to survive the damage)
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,197 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Im gonna try left path.

CGR for Herc
    CGR for Havok
    CGR for Warlock
    CGR for Nick

Switch him out for peni.

Miles for Modok
    Miles for Blade
    Peni for Terrax
    Miles/Penny/Sp2099 on Dragon man
    Sp2099 on Thanos.

CGR can get solo on herc / havok / warlock / nick if played right aswell as miles on modok and blade. Terrax could be costy but not more than 10 revives. All 3 for dragon man could be reviveless and thanos could be solo. This is the cheapest option I could come up with. Also check swedeahs spidey run

be aware of Ikaris, since you don't have Spidey supreme, I'd say go for Stealthy, and hit him on his block once then hold block to bait heavy and retaliate with your heavy, it's very long and tedious fight, or you can brute force it by healing to full each run, gonna be costly!!!!

SM99 can cheese Thanos, using sp2, he will not gain any power, even at the final phase!!!!

approximately, I used:
    1 Dorm / 0 Bishop / 3 xbone / 0 OS / 1 Kraven / 3 Scorpion / 12 Ikaris / 7 PP / 2 Thanos

Thanos was almost one shot, but I wasted my sp3 on indestructible (started with 16% hp)

the run would've been a lot cheaper, but I didn't use potions since I was super low on them, xbone + Ikaris + PP would've costed 3 revives max on all of them.

against Ikaris with no mystic, you don't want him to have more than 6 charges of his, otherwise, you will take a lot of damage every time he uses sp1, my strategy is to hit him on block until he has 5 charges, then one medium from distance and hold block and be ready to dash back fast to bait heavy and retaliate with yours, OVER AND OVER AGAIN for the whole fight.
    Stealthy is the best here since after your sp1, you get all crit, and after that if you use sp2, you get more damage per heavy, I was dealing around 8k per heavy!!

(btw, lookup on YouTube how to cheese Kraven using Miles, you gonna take damage, so boosting is great to survive the damage)

Who did you use for peni? I'm about to do my run as well
    did most damage using Stealthy, could've done much better if I healed to full! but this way, it's much cheaper I'd say.
    best strategy is to attack her and stop just before she gets sp1, then full combo and hold block to bait heavy and then try to do max amount of damage before you die, avoid sp1, sp2 is the way to go, and try to stay close to her to heal up, another tip, you can try to wait out sp lock before you attack her so that you can build up your sp bar.

approximately, I used:

Who did you use for peni? I'm about to do my run as well
    did most damage using Stealthy, could've done much better if I healed to full! but this way, it's much cheaper I'd say.
    best strategy is to attack her and stop just before she gets sp1, then full combo and hold block to bait heavy and then try to do max amount of damage before you die, avoid sp1, sp2 is the way to go, and try to stay close to her to heal up, another tip, you can try to wait out sp lock before you attack her so that you can build up your sp bar.
    Ok thank you! Do you think miles can do it in 10-15 revs? I have him r3 but no stealthy
    Probably, but his damage outpot is mainly from doing quests (evades/total hits..etc) so i think his damage will be low overall. So expect to use more revives
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,139 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    I’m at Thanos and taking the night off. Stealth Spidey took about 50 revives, and kraken was about 20. Everyone else wasn’t too bad.we’ll see how stealthy and Spidey 99 do tomorrow.
  • NIOBBBNIOBBB Posts: 138
    For Spidey 99, I recommend watching Lagacy's live attempt run cause he did it in like 1 or 2 revives. Time stamp is around 1:15:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuQ19jdzPGs&ab_channel=Lagacy
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,101 ★★★★
    I'm torn on running robots or spiders for the left, or if the right is preferable for both?

Have nimrod r4, warlock r3, Ultron r3, nebula r2 and dragon r2 for robots.

Have peni r3, miles r3, stealthy r2 for spiders and can take 5* Gwen or 5* sorcerer Spidey to 5/65.

I've herc or CGR/medusa for the first 4 fights on each right/left respectively, so it's really which is the least objectionable option...

If the right is that much easier for both robots and spiders, I may just herc the left with synergies (Heimdall and capiw) and make it 7 runs instead of 6; has anyone else done this by the way?

Would be interested in your views @Ghostboytjie @Cat_Murdock and @Amazing_Demon05 (cat, because I've been keeping an eye on your replies in the robot thread on similar themes! 😁)
    I did robots for the left, and am doing spider for the right. I would honestly switch them if I ever had to do it again. Ikaris without a mystic is horrible, and My Iles should have been amazing for Blade and Modok with their unlockable specials.
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 226 ★★

I'm torn on running robots or spiders for the left, or if the right is preferable for both?

Have peni r3, miles r3, stealthy r2 for spiders and can take 5* Gwen or 5* sorcerer Spidey to 5/65.

I've herc or CGR/medusa for the first 4 fights on each right/left respectively, so it's really which is the least objectionable option...

If the right is that much easier for both robots and spiders, I may just herc the left with synergies (Heimdall and capiw) and make it 7 runs instead of 6; has anyone else done this by the way?

Would be interested in your views @Ghostboytjie @Cat_Murdock and @Amazing_Demon05 (cat, because I've been keeping an eye on your replies in the robot thread on similar themes! 😁)

Whichever you decide to do I would strongly recommend ranking up the best counters if you have them. I did Robots the first day on the right side, Herc the first 4 and then brought in ultron to end up with R4 WL, R4 Nimrod and R3 ultron. Thought about ranking up my R1 dragonman and decided "Nah I'll be fine I have 2 R4's" 20 revives on Ikaris later proved that to be very dumb.
    Then did a similar thing not ranking stealthy for spiders on the left. Which my stealthy is unawakened so I really didn't want to rank him like that. But that Terrax then just ate my revives.

TLDR: Don't be me and rank the best counters.
  • I'm torn on running robots or spiders for the left, or if the right is preferable for both?

I would go Right Robots and Left Spiders under the assumption that you’re bringing Miles to cheese both Modok and Blade, because his Miss makes them much easier, especially Blade, and you have either s99 or Peni for Terrax, and Stealthy/S99/Gwen for Dragon Man. It’s not impossible to go Right with them, some people do it but personally I’m glad I did Left.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,197 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Robots right and spideys left and @Amazing_Demon05 i dont know I just happen to have one but I dont think so. I dont rlly use miles a lot.

For robots Im thinking of running with
    R3 ultron
    R3 dragon man

Either r3 nebula or lvl nimrod and use him. Got a little lazy so still gotta start soon
    edited February 2023
    Apparently I was so happy I posted it twice.
    edited February 2023
    And it is done. All that's left is my r4 sig 200 Scarlet Witch run. Tons of revives, but only 40 units spent (I accidentally bought one revive instead of getting it from my stash).

If I get a tech r5 gem for my Vulture, it'll all be worth it.
    Thank you @Cat_Murdock and @Ghostboytjie (and @horrendous_too and @willrun4adonut ) for your advice. I went left with spiders.

Didn't farm ROL enough and will next time. Completely forgot to research warlock again and forgot his nodes, so he was the toughest fight. Used Medusa.

Had 70 lv1 revives, 10 lv2 team revives (bought the 1k unit TB EQ offer) and 120lv3 heals and 40 lv4. Used 100 4 hour crystals too.

Definitely not going to run the left again. Miles was awesome for modok and blade, in such a funny way with the latter! Penni sp2 was really useful for Thanos.

But warlock rinsed me.... Left side done though, so thank you :-)

For all the Carina v3 runners in here, I don't have 6* juggs or America. But I can 5/65 and max sig either of them.... So is a max 5* with 30% boosts viable in here given the challenge rating and block damage, to add a mystic to Helmut heir? And which of juggs or America (or 6* man thing) would be better?

Will be r3 xbones (unduped, although could generic him...) and r2 ghost once herc does the first 4 fights...
    Thanks @SlayinAlive ; I've already done the mutants, so could solo America for the same.. hmmm that could be brutal though...!!!