**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Okay, since when the AI perform special intercepts?

I just dashed into Miles and that mf just retaliated with a sp2 right to my face. I was not made aware of any changes to the AI that would make it so this and it has never happened before.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    You're saying that the A.I shouldn't be able to throw a special as you're dashing in?
  • L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Posts: 220 ★★
    Yeah they've been doing this for awhile...even more annoying is when your hitting they're block trying to push them to two bars of power, they will special intercept you if they feel so inclined
  • RayMonDxRayMonDx Posts: 33
    Very long time
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    A couple of champs do that, miles sp2 ,VP sp2 ,herc sp1, Mordo both and some others
  • MightyDMightyD Posts: 95
    Some champs like miles, jane foster, venompool etc usually throw their sp2's the moment they get them, guess they are designed to behave like this.
  • BizaaroBizaaro Posts: 321 ★★
    edited February 2023
    Kabam is really toying with us ...they are not allowing us to play with real players...only 2 out of 10 are real players rest I think may be bots
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★

You're saying that the A.I shouldn't be able to throw a special as you're dashing in?

There are other problems.
    AI intercepting with specials isn't one.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    Zolobacsi said:

More concern for me that the AI is now using reparry. That thing can parry now better than I do 😄

Especially in battlegrounds. I used to hit their block a couple of times if normal baiting didn't work or even just for some spacing and now I'm getting reparried on the 2nd or 3rd hit on the block
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    ElMelloi said:

they can even dex specials now

If you are fighting a defender that has mastery's like in BG's, War and Arena, it should be possible. A.I should have all the same abilities as us players. Non-player defenders that don't have mastery's, can't dex. They can however dash backwards but it's not considered dex'ing.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    One of the smartest AI move I've seen these days is the double light whiffs that the AI does after u have an infuriate on them
    U are waiting for them to dash in & they just throw 2 lights in the air, & the 2nd one connects more often than not

For about 7 years of MCOC's existence, AI would only use mediums when at a distance & lights when they were close enough to get a connection....this is what made intercepts a lot safer in those days
    Then they started doing light intercepts
    And now they just randomly keep throwing lights in the air when we try to dash in
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    How are you guys just getting AI like this now? I've been special intercepted, had AI wait out prompts, hold specials until power sting runs out, been backdraft intercepted, etc for years. Not saying it has been common but it has definitely been possible.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    The worst of all for me, is when AI completely ignores my 1st hit of a heavy and throws his special. ANd now this is happening to specials that don't have separated moves, like, for instance, I had in the morning Colossus interrupting Ghost Rider's heavy with his sp1.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    I had Thing drop block when I was hitting it to build power to go unstoppable and punish me twice recently. That was super fun.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

One of the smartest AI move I've seen these days is the double light whiffs that the AI does after u have an infuriate on them
    U are waiting for them to dash in & they just throw 2 lights in the air, & the 2nd one connects more often than not

For about 7 years of MCOC's existence, AI would only use mediums when at a distance & lights when they were close enough to get a connection....this is what made intercepts a lot safer in those days
    And now they just randomly keep throwing lights in the air when we try to dash in

This is exactly what I've been experiencing, I've described it above as well
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

This is exactly what I've been experiencing, I've described it above as well
    This one may actually be a bug. I have my champs doing that from time to time, especially in EoP, after Thanos' animation before phase changing, I don't even have my fingers on the screen and my champ is hitting the air.