**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mid-February Followup: New Solo Objective and Solo Event

Hello Summoners!

Here are the details for a couple mid-month events/objectives to celebrate the addition of Cassie Lang and the upcoming release of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania!

Love Conquers All

Start: 02/15/2023 at 18:00 UTC

End: 03/08/2023 at 18:00 UTC

Defeat Kang, Ghost or Yellowjacket in Arenas to earn points

Bonus Points for using Ant-Man, Wasp or Cassie Lang.

*Arenas will contain a Special Team comprised of Kang, Ghost and Yellowjacket

**Note: the will not be Ranked Rewards tied to this solo event

Welcome, Cassie Lang!

Start: 02/15/2023 @ 18:00 UTC

End: 03/08/2023 @ 18:00 UTC

Comments

• Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,120 ★★★★

why duels?

Idk
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

so we get a free 5* Cassie Lang to accomplish those objectives?

won’t it be a 3*?
  • TheXtremeGuyTheXtremeGuy Posts: 12
    i dont see any free champ notif lmao maybe we have to grind the featured arena to thee 3star milestone
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Why no celebrity challenge? It’s been much more than a year since we had one. Seems like a good time to have a revamp of the Evangeline Lilly challenge we had in 2018
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    people are saying a 5* Cassie to be sarcastic, guys. It'll be either a 2 or 3 star, or if they follow past generosity both.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    MCOC Team said:

Hello Summoners!

Here are the details for a couple mid-month events/objectives to celebrate the addition of Cassie Lang and the upcoming release of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania!

Love Conquers All

Welcome, Cassie Lang!

Based on the event Welcome, Cassie Lang! indicates we will be getting a free Cassie Lang, but most likely it will be a 3*. While I would rather have a 4* or 5* Cassie Lang I still appreciate even a free 3*.
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Axew said:

Why no celebrity challenge? It’s been much more than a year since we had one. Seems like a good time to have a revamp of the Evangeline Lilly challenge we had in 2018

Wouldn't that be cool! Kathryn Newton (the woman who plays Cassie) liked one of our posts about Cassie Lang joining the contest and I got super excited.

Essentially, celebrity challenges require a lot of tricky collaboration. We can express interest in doing them, but without that specific celebrity signing on and showing the same interest, it doesn't work!
    That would be awesome. I didn’t realize how much preparation went into the challenges. Disappointed that it didn’t happen this time around, but I appreciate you clarifying the process. Hopefully we can get another celeb challenge soon (Dave Bautista for GOTG 3 😁)
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Deepworld said:

I’m super confused about why people are saying there’s a free 5*

because it is about time Kabam realize by giving us a free 5* cassie lang won't break the game one bit. 5* are old news, you don't see them anymore in AW, all you see nowadays are at least 6*r3 and supposedly next month they will be introducing 7* LMAO. oh yeah 5* are the new 3* in todays meta.

• ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

Deepworld said:

because it is about time Kabam realize by giving us a free 5* cassie lang won't break the game one bit. 5* are old news, you don't see them anymore in AW, all you see nowadays are at least 6*r3 and supposedly next month they will be introducing 7* LMAO. oh yeah 5* are the new 3* in todays meta.

If you're positive 5* are useless and it's just for the objectives, I don't understand why you would even want her.
    Kabam Jax said:

Axew said:

Wouldn't that be cool! Kathryn Newton (the woman who plays Cassie) liked one of our posts about Cassie Lang joining the contest and I got super excited.

Essentially, celebrity challenges require a lot of tricky collaboration. We can express interest in doing them, but without that specific celebrity signing on and showing the same interest, it doesn't work!
    Brie Larson's a gamer... Get in touch before The Marvels comes out...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Deepworld said:

Maybe.... and bare with me here.... YOUR roster has progressed past 5*'s...but others' haven't. There are still many who still rely on those 5*'s. It's not about breaking the game by giving us a higher rarity either. I don't know why it tends to be 2 and 3*'s but it's not because those champs are game breaking.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Axew said:

Brie Larson's a gamer... Get in touch before The Marvels comes out...
    That would feel like a natural connection but who knows what will happen.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Deepworld said:

Also, it could be since objectives involve ranking up a champ, would you want to waste resources for a 5* that you'll never use compared to 3*, less resources are need and not a strain for progressing players.
  • gazbeagazbea Posts: 55
    MCOC Team said:

Hello Summoners!

Love Conquers All

Welcome, Cassie Lang!

So Kabam, did you forget to add this “special team” to the arenas or do we have to wait for the arenas to reset in 24 hours?? Can’t find them at all…
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,421 Guardian
    edited February 2023
    gazbea said:

So Kabam, did you forget to add this “special team” to the arenas or do we have to wait for the arenas to reset in 24 hours?? Can’t find them at all…

Just using Antman, Wasp, Cassie, once only on all rarities I have of them in Arena, I got 48 pts (of the 50 needed for last milestone).

And NO rank rewards for going higher than 50, so really don’t need to try to match against Kang, Ghost or YJ. Those are LESS bonus points anyways versus what you get using the others on your side.

Those “special” teams might be only at streaks around and past the Thanos/Kang ones or beyond anyways (not early streak #’s). So if looking for them in 5*/6* arena at same time you only want to user your top champs to get high scores (instead of using AntMan/Wasp), you could just spend a little bit of time in lower arena and knock it out quick.
  • gazbeagazbea Posts: 55
    True but less work and I don’t have many of them at those rarities

Plus they said it would be there so we shouldn’t be letting them off the hook haha
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

why duels?

Agree so far it crashed when I tried dueling.

why duels?

Agree so far it crashed when I tried dueling.
    only go into the social button to do duels from the home screen.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Deepworld said:

Really?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Also credit NAGASE
  • @gazbea
    Special Teams (Kang, Ghost, YJ) are in Arena now.

So probably just needed to wait for Arena to rollover to this new one, since event had started in the middle of the previous Arena series.

But only in Champ arenas, not 2-day Cat arenas.