**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iceman

When is the Iceman tune up scheduled??

Comments

• May,
    Hulk is March and Spiderman is April
  • Pikolu said:

May,
    Hulk is March and Spiderman is April

Cool thanks
  • AldacAldac Posts: 473 ★★★
    I was going to take mine to R4 regardless but am super happy about the buff (and the long-awaited fix to his cold immunities…) 🧊❄️🧊❄️🧊❄️🧊
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,155 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Gotta fix his 2nd medium ender hitbox cadence.
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 275
    I like the idea for him being like a mutant human torch equivalent.

- Prefight "Absolute zero" places passive zero points instead of coldsnap debuffs and do 75% more damage
    - Signature ability "Ice Age" is the same as HT with changes to activate prefight again
    - He should not be immune to coldsnap but benefit from it like electro from shocks, either increase damage or gain health or lower temperature 1 every second
    - a temperature mechanic like HT starting with 20, charging heavy lowers it to zero, temperature affects duration of coldsnaps, zero temperature means longest duration
    - when at zero temperature and 3 coldsnaps active, enter absolute zero form for 7 seconds
    - as equivalent to smoulders he could place indefinive frostbite passives on himself whenever a frostbite on the opponent expires; those increase damage from coldsnaps and also lowers temperature by 5
    - also when frostbites expire immediately regain ice armor if not active; if already active gain a second layer of ice armor and so on. additional ice armors last 10 seconds
    - coldsnaps should prevent evade, miss and autoblock
    - incinerates would raise temperature and destroy ice armor when reaching 20 temperature (so he wouldn't be immune to incinerate anymore)

Those are just a few thoughts, not everythin detailed out, like specials etc...
    But he could be an asbolute machine, tanky and good damage combined with some immunities and utility
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Prentex said:

- Prefight "Absolute zero" places passive zero points instead of coldsnap debuffs and do 75% more damage
    - Signature ability "Ice Age" is the same as HT with changes to activate prefight again
    - He should not be immune to coldsnap but benefit from it like electro from shocks, either increase damage or gain health or lower temperature 1 every second
    - a temperature mechanic like HT starting with 20, charging heavy lowers it to zero, temperature affects duration of coldsnaps, zero temperature means longest duration
    - when at zero temperature and 3 coldsnaps active, enter absolute zero form for 7 seconds
    - as equivalent to smoulders he could place indefinive frostbite passives on himself whenever a frostbite on the opponent expires; those increase damage from coldsnaps and also lowers temperature by 5
    - also when frostbites expire immediately regain ice armor if not active; if already active gain a second layer of ice armor and so on. additional ice armors last 10 seconds
    - incinerates would raise temperature and destroy ice armor when reaching 20 temperature (so he wouldn't be immune to incinerate anymore)

But he could be an asbolute machine, tanky and good damage combined with some immunities and utility

Those are some good ideas, but keep in mind he’s not getting an overhaul, his buff appears to be a value/moderate update. I wouldn’t expect his buffed kit to be that different from the current one (although it would be cool if they did add new abilities)
  • Catmanndo said:

Why does it take months for a tune up when we we’re getting 3 like this in a month?
    I’d prefer more buffs than fluff like emotes added and I’m guessing I’m not alone.

Because their buff cadence is in line with the rebalancing program. Before they probably had more designers working on buffs and they either lost designers, or their current ones were being overworked so they cut down on their strain by having them alternate on buffs so they can focus on one champion at a time.

The real thing to keep in mind is that the first time kabam talked about gorr and valkyrie, they said they were fine, so while kabam isn't planning on changing spot or spidey supreme yet, that plan could change in the following month or so.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    One thing I would like to see is him having an indefinite Coldsnap passive active dealing 0 damage. "But what's the point of it if it deals no damage?" I hear you ask. I want it there for the evade-prevention. I want him to just flat-out counter evade. I don't care if it's deep down in his signature ability, I just don't want to have to spam SP1s constantly against evading champions. That was one of the things I really disliked about him back when the 4* was my story content MVP.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Lot's of very cool theory crafting in here!

I've said it before; these are my favourite kinds of threads to see! Just be careful to manage your own expectations.

I haven't seen what the RPG team has planned for Iceman, but I'm hopeful!

Can you tell us something about OG Hulk buff? Perhaps no, but would like to know if he's going to stay as he was in beta or something will change.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    I'm guessing the sig ability will move to the base kit and a useless ability will get added to the sig with as slight bump in damage and that's just about it.
  • antiunitmanantiunitman Posts: 4
    i’d enjoy seeing something like prof x- the arena gets frozen on the way in. maybe the occasional root debuff on the opponent via getting trapped in ice?
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    It would be nice if the Signature Ability, Coldsnap went from 12 to 18 or 20 seconds.

In S1, the Coldsnap went from 9 to 15 seconds and in S3, the Coldsnap went from 9 to 25 seconds and increase the damage in S3, the raw damage is very weak, if it is to avoid dodging, it is better to stay in S1, the S3's only advantage is recovering Ice Armor immediately.

In S2 increase the chance of being critical for each Frostbite on the opponent at the time of impact and the Frostbite expires immediately as it is in the heavy attack.

And the main source of damage that is Frostbite, is to increase the duration of Frostbite, from 10 to 15 seconds and increase the chance of causing Frostbite in critical attacks and slightly increase the damage when using Heavy Attacks.
    Axew said:

Prentex said:

Those are some good ideas, but keep in mind he’s not getting an overhaul, his buff appears to be a value/moderate update. I wouldn’t expect his buffed kit to be that different from the current one (although it would be cool if they did add new abilities)
    Some extra skill would be nice. Angela the kabam said it was going to be just value, but the kabam added some extra abilities.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

Axew said:

Prentex said:

Some extra skill would be nice. Angela the kabam said it was going to be just value, but the kabam added some extra abilities.
    True but adding new abilities isn't a guarantee. Right now, we don't know what their aim on the buff is going to be besides the aforementioned base increase and cold snap immunity. For now, it's better to temper your expectations.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Give him access to slow please.
    edited February 2023

It would be nice if Scorpion's synergy became part of Iceman's kit, but lower the Critical Rating from 525 to 250.
    And do a simple synergy with Scorpion, for example increase Frostbite's damage by 10%.

Depending on the buff, this synergy will probably be nerfed, but an individually good champion is better than synergy dependent, except Cable with Apocalypse synergy.
  • I think he just needs the chance to gain frostbite to be 100% on critical hits. Longer coldsnap duration plus higher damage. And maybe a way to increase his crit damage.
    edited February 2023
    H3t3r said:

I think he just needs the chance to gain frostbite to be 100% on critical hits. Longer coldsnap duration plus higher damage. And maybe a way to increase his crit damage.

It would be nice if the opponent purifies a stun, turns it into a passive stun, just like Bishop and Storm. The value of Ice Armor is low, if the opponent purifies a stun or is immune to stun, the opponent has to keep taking the attack on the block, until Iceman finds a chance to use Heavy Attacks.

Probably the tests that kabam did, was Iceman with suicides, for Damage to be 3.5. No suicides is 2.5.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 473 ★★★
    Do we know yet when the tune-up will go live (which month?)
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Aldac said:

Do we know yet when the tune-up will go live (which month?)

Right now, it's looking to be May.