**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will Absorbing man get tuned down?

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
I’m considering using an AG on him… Lagacy said he could be..

Will Absorbing man get tuned down? 270 votes

Yes he likely will
35%
benshbLeiva_darkHenriqueSCCPjustarandomusernameBlackSaChiDarth_StewieHendrossRbk19rockykostonyuwRepto23Logan00Liquidkold10or_StrongScopeotoe987JMORG1111RakeYoungAleorAmaadAkiraRockyshocky 96 votes
No he won’t
64%
DL864MasterSmokeBigPoppaCBONEHeinz11MagicBentonKeonexbuddy_LEESIlverProfessorKDoggg2017TristanFeeney234smy168GK_23ege999menFrankWhiteBlackPhoenix44hydrogohardMqc19Mhd20034ThatGuyYouSaw235 174 votes

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,639 Guardian
    edited February 2023
    Yes he likely will
    If he is, it'll be around August, so you still have lots of time to use him
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    No he won’t
    I used a generic on mine. I did it mostly to increase the duration of his forms which I doubt gets tuned down. His healing maybe but that wasn’t my main reason for awakening him. I’ll tell you the only other champ I would’ve used my AG on was Hercules and I pulled him 4 days after using it on AM. But honestly I’m not upset because I still think AM is more fun and diverse a champ in what he can do than Herc. Not saying he’s across the board better, I don’t think he is , but I’m saying I’m still happy I used my gem on AM even getting lucky and getting a Herc right after.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Wow didn’t know it’s that long?

Might be worth the AG then…
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    edited February 2023

I used a generic on mine. I did it mostly to increase the duration of his forms which I doubt gets tuned down. His healing maybe but that wasn’t my main reason for awakening him. I’ll tell you the only other champ I would’ve used my AG on was Hercules and I pulled him 4 days after using it on AM. But honestly I’m not upset because I still think AM is more fun and diverse a champ in what he can do than Herc. Not saying he’s across the board better, I don’t think he is , but I’m saying I’m still happy I used my gem on AM even getting lucky and getting a Herc right after.

Does he get kills for you in BG or in War? Awakened vs unawakened?
  • Yes he likely will

Pikolu said:

Yeah it is gorr and valk were this month with their possible tuning changes. Next month is galan and QS, April is titania and Iron Doom, May is Spot and spidey supreme, June is Shuri and Attuma, July is Mantis (and maybe Jessica Jones) so August would be Zemo and Abs man
  • ZolobacsiZolobacsi Posts: 91
    No he won’t
    I can't see that happening, he is not that easy to use. Once you ramp him up, he has crazy numbers but getting there takes skills.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    No he won’t
    I highly doubt it
    If he was OP in attack then probably yes, but I doubt they will ever give any champ a defensive tune down

If he was able to access that healing on attack then it would definitely get tuned down, but since it's accessible only on defense, it most likely won't be touched
    They didn't give him that healing on offense which means they knew what they were doing while designing the kit

Instead of a tune down what they will do is releasing new champs that specifically counter his defensive kit
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    I am gonna use a generic on mine and give him 150 sigs for now . Don't think he would get nerfed due to the reason @AMS94 mentioned
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    I took mine to r5 so it doesn’t really matter what I vote, I’ve gone all in.

He is not easy to play if you get an unlucky AI or difficult to light punish heavy attacks so I think in some ways he is pretty safe from being balanced offensively.

Defensively I think of him in the same light as most tough defenders, he requires a counter or a specific play style to beat which is pretty common in the mystic class. If he does get tuned down it will probably be a nerf to critical rating and toning down his regen capabilities.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    No he won’t
    He's not for everyone because it's hard to use him. In stressful fights it's pretty easy to mess up.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    No he won’t

Does he get kills for you in BG or in War? Awakened vs unawakened?
    I have a super chill Alliance and don’t really do competitive war. In BG I haven’t gotten to use him
    much since I awakened him and ranked him up. Hoping he will do well on defense and I would gladly use him against Anihilus , Knull, or Hulkling on offense. But my favorite is to use him with iBomb . I love that synergy for both.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    No he won’t
    They like having defenders with few counters and then tossing them on class based paths with horrible nodes.

Thankfully this month had a lot less than last month and magneto wiped out all the bosses. (There was a magik that sucked getting limbo 90+% of the time.)
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 642 ★★★
    No he won’t
    AMS94 said:

I highly doubt it
    If he was OP in attack then probably yes, but I doubt they will ever give any champ a defensive tune down

If he was able to access that healing on attack then it would definitely get tuned down, but since it's accessible only on defense, it most likely won't be touched
    They didn't give him that healing on offense which means they knew what they were doing while designing the kit

Instead of a tune down what they will do is releasing new champs that specifically counter his defensive kit

He can access the regen on offense, it’s more difficulty to as you have to consume morph charges. This is harder to trigger in normal match ups but in longer matches or ones where the defender applies armor break it’s quite easy. I still hope he doesn’t get tuned down as he was my 3rd 6* R4 for paragon and I really enjoy using him, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if they tune him down slightly.

No he won’t

As an attacker he's waaaaaaaay overhyped, considering some champs we got last year like galan for example wasn't tuned down, I don't see why absorbing man should

If you think he’s way overhyped then you don’t know how to play him, he’s got so much utility, survivability, and in the right match ups ridiculous damage. But he’s hard to play. Unlike Galan who is both very strong and easy to use. I have both at R4 and I would say they are of the same caliber
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    No he won’t

As an attacker he's waaaaaaaay overhyped, considering some champs we got last year like galan for example wasn't tuned down, I don't see why absorbing man should

If you think he’s way overhyped then you don’t know how to play him, he’s got so much utility, survivability, and in the right match ups ridiculous damage. But he’s hard to play. Unlike Galan who is both very strong and easy to use. I have both at R4 and I would say they are of the same caliber
    Have him sig100 R3, I know how to use him, I didn't say he's bad, he's a great champ, but people are comparing him to Hercules for example ( check any YouTube vid on him and you'll see similar comments) , and that's what I mean by overhyping, he's in the contest for less than a month so let's wait a while before judging him correctly, same thing happened with QS which is a great champ but people realized after a while that Scorpion is better for example after the hype went down
    And it's not only because Scorpion is overall much better that QS but it's hard to play with him. For fun in ROL there's no problems but for general questing QS is not the best champ.
  • ege999menege999men Posts: 281 ★★
    No he won’t
    its mostly that people aren't used to heavy countering specials. Any burst champion can disable modes with heavy counter and use their burst to do a lot of damage, it's usually enough to disable once in BG and twice for AW bosses. His specials are easy to heavy counter as well. The only reasonable complaint could be the mode disable cooldown is too long but I think he'd be a boring champ if we could disable the modes every time
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 561 ★★★
    edited February 2023
    No he won’t

I hope so, but still haven't used him once...
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Yes he likely will
    Regen needs tune down.
  • Yes he likely will

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Yeah it is gorr and valk were this month with their possible tuning changes. Next month is galan and QS, April is titania and Iron Doom, May is Spot and spidey supreme, June is Shuri and Attuma, July is Mantis (and maybe Jessica Jones) so August would be Zemo and Abs man
    Comments like these are why a lot of Misinformation spreads around:

We already have a balancing update on Gorr and Valk: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/318396/gorr-and-valkyrie-balancing-follow-up#latest

We also have an update on Galan and QS: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/320162/galan-and-quicksilver-balancing-follow-up#latest

Titania and Iron Doom: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/322933/titania-and-iron-man-infamous-balancing-follow-up#latest

Spot and Spidey Supreme: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/326412/spider-man-supreme-and-spot-balancing-update#latest

Not sure which world this person lives in but the next update should be on Attuma and Shuri and after that Mantis. I'm not sure Jessica Jones will be considered for Balancing since she's a trophy champ and after that Abs Man and Zemo. Definitely would not be in august more so in May.
    I understand the confusion, I wasn't saying that was when Galan and QS were being changed, I'm just saying that is the scheduled time they would be changed if a change would have occurred. Since there is no change to galan and QS, kabam is changing Hulk in their stead since hulks buff was mentioned in the very thread you linked there.

The same happened last month with wiccan and Hulkling where wiccan and IMIW were changed.

If I am wrong, I'll be willing to admit I am wrong, but I am willing to bet I am not wrong on this topic.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,639 Guardian
    edited February 2023
    Yes he likely will
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Comments like these are why a lot of Misinformation spreads around:

We already have a balancing update on Gorr and Valk: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/318396/gorr-and-valkyrie-balancing-follow-up#latest

We also have an update on Galan and QS: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/320162/galan-and-quicksilver-balancing-follow-up#latest

Titania and Iron Doom: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/322933/titania-and-iron-man-infamous-balancing-follow-up#latest

Spot and Spidey Supreme: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/326412/spider-man-supreme-and-spot-balancing-update#latest

Not sure which world this person lives in but the next update should be on Attuma and Shuri and after that Mantis. I'm not sure Jessica Jones will be considered for Balancing since she's a trophy champ and after that Abs Man and Zemo. Definitely would not be in august more so in May.
    I understand the confusion, I wasn't saying that was when Galan and QS were being changed, I'm just saying that is the scheduled time they would be changed if a change would have occurred. Since there is no change to galan and QS, kabam is changing Hulk in their stead since hulks buff was mentioned in the very thread you linked there.

The same happened last month with wiccan and Hulkling where wiccan and IMIW were changed.

If I am wrong, I'll be willing to admit I am wrong, but I am willing to bet I am not wrong on this topic.
    Also to further support my own argument, I'll link my source from kabams own announcement.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/295021/an-update-to-balancing-in-mcoc#latest

While kabam will announce changes in advance, they don't change them until 6 months after their release.
    No he won’t

Have him sig100 R3, I know how to use him, I didn't say he's bad, he's a great champ, but people are comparing him to Hercules for example ( check any YouTube vid on him and you'll see similar comments) , and that's what I mean by overhyping, he's in the contest for less than a month so let's wait a while before judging him correctly, same thing happened with QS which is a great champ but people realized after a while that Scorpion is better for example after the hype went down
    I agree it’s still early to get a final judgement on him but I was just replying because you said he’s “wayyyyy overhyped”, he could be slightly overhyped depending on who you ask, but he definitely deserves be discussed as one of the top mystic champs. He has a much higher skill cap than most champs and because of that people will have mixed results. But that doesn’t make him any worse of a champ, like tiger isn’t for eveyone but that doesn’t make her bad.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    No he won’t

AMS94 said:

I highly doubt it

He can access the regen on offense, it’s more difficulty to as you have to consume morph charges. This is harder to trigger in normal match ups but in longer matches or ones where the defender applies armor break it’s quite easy. I still hope he doesn’t get tuned down as he was my 3rd 6* R4 for paragon and I really enjoy using him, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if they tune him down slightly.

He CAN access it but it's not as consistent & easy as on defense
    It's pretty balanced on offense
    In defense it's mental if u don't have a proper counter
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    Yes he likely will
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Gorr, valk, galan, qs, titania, iron doom, spot and Spidey supreme have already been through rebalancing and nothing changed idk what you think gorr and valk got rebalanced this month even tho they've been in the crystals since December