**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Will Mantis get a buff?

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

You keep telling people to watch the vega video, but have YOU even tried her out yourself? Have you tried her with optimal rotations or pulled her and relied and the info of vega?

If I’m buying a skateboard would I not take advice from Tony Hawk?
    I wouldn’t. Because Tony Hawk is primarily a Vert Skater. He’s a champion on big half pipes. What if I wanted to be a freestyle Skater? I’d go to Rodney Mullen who also is the first person to do the flat ground Ollie, the most fundamental trick of street skating. What if I wanted to be a street Skater? I’d go with Chris Cole.

Each of those focus on ONE aspect of skateboarding. If I wanted to be an all rounder, I’d have to learn from all of them and see the strengths and weaknesses that they bring to the table in ALL areas.

Listening to Vega talk about Mantis in ONE area doesn’t make Vega the best at using Mantis in EVERY situation, and doesn’t mean that Mantis is also bad in every game mode either.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Izze_King said:

I opened 45 featured looking for Mantis and she’s squandered on players like this. Smh.

LOL .. you wanted her for real?

LOL .. I’ve never seen a bunch of people so strongly against a buff of a champion. Well done! Give yourselves a pat on the back!

I bet you guys are all against the recent announcement of the Shuri and Attuma too right? Where’s the petition to un-buff them?

Buffing champions? Cant have that!!!

And I've never seen someone so blindly follow what one random YTer said off of one fight in one game mode.

Coincidentally, you've literally had two YTers in this thread alone disagree with her needing a buff.
    Yeah but do you have any idea who Vega is bro?
    edited February 2023
    ItsDamien said:

You keep telling people to watch the vega video, but have YOU even tried her out yourself? Have you tried her with optimal rotations or pulled her and relied and the info of vega?

I wouldn’t. Because Tony Hawk is primarily a Vert Skater. He’s a champion on big half pipes. What if I wanted to be a freestyle Skater? I’d go to Rodney Mullen who also is the first person to do the flat ground Ollie, the most fundamental trick of street skating. What if I wanted to be a street Skater? I’d go with Chris Cole.

Each of those focus on ONE aspect of skateboarding. If I wanted to be an all rounder, I’d have to learn from all of them and see the strengths and weaknesses that they bring to the table in ALL areas.

Listening to Vega talk about Mantis in ONE area doesn’t make Vega the best at using Mantis in EVERY situation, and doesn’t mean that Mantis is also bad in every game mode either.
    When did Vega say she is bad in EVERY game mode? Vega said she needs a buff.

C’mon bro this isn’t rocket science.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    Like most have said "learn to intercept" I did just that. practice, practice, practice. I'm not perfect but i'd say 80-85% success rate ain't bad.
    edited February 2023

Like most have said "learn to intercept" I did just that. practice, practice, practice. I'm not perfect but i'd say 80-85% success rate ain't bad.

15-20% equates to you getting comboed into oblivion and that’s all it takes to lose a BG match or using a revive or losing a war fight or losing a war or getting kicked out of an ally for doing so… 1 combo is all it takes.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

When did Vega say she is bad in EVERY game mode? Vega said she needs a buff.
    He didn’t say she “needs” a buff. He said he’d like to see a buff in some areas of her kit. You’re twisting his words and you’re wrong kid. Git Gud.
    So does what Vega say require Kabam buffing the champ or not? Or can you buff her yourself?

LOL .. I’ve never seen a bunch of people so strongly against a buff of a champion. Well done! Give yourselves a pat on the back!

I bet you guys are all against the recent announcement of the Shuri and Attuma too right? Where’s the petition to un-buff them?

And I've never seen someone so blindly follow what one random YTer said off of one fight in one game mode.

Coincidentally, you've literally had two YTers in this thread alone disagree with her needing a buff.
    Vegas cool guy. You bringing him again and agin in thread just putting bad name on his channel.

Unsubscribed many months ago, his content doens't work for me. I disagree with lot of stuff he says. But I appreciate everyone's opinion. And he did help greatly smaller youtubers channel. Vega is cool.
    But you... You are a dolt.

The title and first comment is the worst buff threads ever been in forums, then you backing it up with someone's else's "Opinion".

This post doens't have what a buff post requires.

What are her strengths
    What are her weakness
    Is she lacking utility
    Is she lacking damage
    Is she slow in her rotation.
    How she is performing in different matchups
    What content is she designed for.
    How can kabam buff her
    What aspect she needs the buff in.

People are not disagreing if she needs a tune up, people are disagreing with the Dense Dude who made this 'Ignorant' post without having a single clue.

Kabam dev team won't cater to your individual needs.
    They will have the data if she did what they wanted her to do.
    Your chanting Vega Vega will do nothing.

There's 3 months of continuous posts and videos of nerfing galan. Where is the nerf.
    Kabam will decide what game needs not your post.

People like us have no power over their Rebalance program.
    One thing I can garantee that devs wont give 2 poopity about this purposeless thread.
    Wow.. resolving to calling people names just cos you don’t agree with them? What does that make you?

No offense but honestly don't care. I know who I am, I know what I showed in the Mantis tutorial I posted and I know who karate Mike is (who agreed she doesn't "need" a buff). Not to mention I think pretty much everyone in this thread has disagrees with you, but you just hold tight to one specific opinion.

It is not uncommon at all for a YTer to rush to a conclusion on a champ prematurely. You remember when YTers were saying that Proxima was better than Corvus. What about all the Hayes from YTers on Overseer on his release. I could go on and on, but we all know YTers often makes rushed decisions on champs at times.
    Bro.. no offense.. but the fact that your Mantis video has 160 views should tell you Mantis needs a buff.. lol..

No offense but honestly don't care. I know who I am, I know what I showed in the Mantis tutorial I posted and I know who karate Mike is (who agreed she doesn't "need" a buff). Not to mention I think pretty much everyone in this thread has disagrees with you, but you just hold tight to one specific opinion.

It is not uncommon at all for a YTer to rush to a conclusion on a champ prematurely. You remember when YTers were saying that Proxima was better than Corvus. What about all the Hayes from YTers on Overseer on his release. I could go on and on, but we all know YTers often makes rushed decisions on champs at times.
    Bro.. no offense.. but the fact that your Mantis video has 160 views should tell you Mantis needs a buff.. lol..
    Or that this is a fairly new video on a champ getting very little hype and is still very new champs that not many people have yet. Almost all my champ tutorial vids (especially on very new champs) start out with low and slow view count and gradually build up.
    I bet it won’t get more than 500 views this year. (Without a buff). For real.

Or that this is a fairly new video on a champ getting very little hype and is still very new champs that not many people have yet. Almost all my champ tutorial vids (especially on very new champs) start out with low and slow view count and gradually build up.
    I bet it won’t get more than 500 views this year. (Without a buff). For real.
    Guarantee your wrong, I've made over 50 champ tutorials, I've very familiar with the trends. Once she gets released.to basic pool, within a month or so views start stacking up as people start pulling her.

Additionally, a buff would actually make this video obsolete as it would no longer accurately display her. Anytime a champ that I did a tutorial on gets a buff, I do a new tutorial on them (I actually had 3 on Hood, one prebuff, one after his first buff, and then one after his buff was redone).

Also my views are low that despite over 6k subs I got in a year of making vids, I took almost a year and a half off and just started making vids again a couple months ago. Takes time for people to start checking my channel after such a long break.
    And a buffed Mantis video would get even more views. Am I right or am I right?
    edited February 2023

Since the previous comments got flagged for rude behaviour. And I accept the 4 warnings.
    So here's the censored version with all insults removed. :*

Vegas cool guy. You bringing him again and again in the thread is just putting a bad name on his channel.

Unsubscribed many months ago, his content doens't work for me. I disagree with lot of stuff. But I appreciate everyone's opinion. And he did help greatly smaller youtubers channels.
    Vega is cool.
    But you Sir are "Extraordinary.

The title and following comment is one of the worst buff threads ever been in forums, then you backing it up with someone's else's "Opinion".

This post doens't have what a buff post requires.

What are her strengths
    What are her weakness
    Is she lacking utility
    Is she lacking damage
    Is she slow in her rotation.
    How she is performing in different matchups
    What content is she designed for.
    How can kabam buff her
    What aspect she needs the buff in.

People are not disagreing if she needs a tune up, people are disagreing with the Incredible Person who made this top notch"Informative' post.

Kabam dev team won't cater to our individual needs.
    They will have the data if she did what they wanted her to do or not. Chanting Vega Vega will harm Vega more nothing else.

There are 3 months of continuous posts and videos of nerfing galan. Where is the nerf.
    Kabam will decide what game needs not your post.

People like us have no power over their Rebalance program.
    One thing I can garantee that devs wont give Icecream Emoji about this Unproductive thread.

That's it... Leaving the the thread for real.
    All the best.

Thank you so much for the person who reported or flagged your original post.

My faith in humanity is now restored.

And to you, i hope you know what you did and do better.. or ‘git gud’ as they like to say.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Mantis is a pretty unique character and I like those type of champions, but she needs some improvements. I’m not sure about her utility tbh, 2 main utility: manipulating defender AI behavior and tranquilize (AAR to debuffs).

The infuriate and intimidate debuffs are too tied to her damage, that’s the best and practical way to gain emotions and honestly without those debuffs she’s useless. So first of all those debuffs should have been passives. Also, if AI doesn’t cooperate to those debuffs which trust me happens, her ramp up is slow. (Her damage prior to that sp2 is nothing to brag about). Not only that, shrug off or tenacity also easily makes her quite useless. This wouldn’t have been an issue if there was more to her than building or ramping up those mix emotions for damage.

Her Tranquilize ability, doesn’t seem practical…there’s a problem with it’s execution. It’s a new ability which I’m for stuff like that, but they need to do more testing on it and implement it well. The problem is either the duration, potency or how it works (by pretty much doing nothing…standing still, which you don’t have full control over unless with AI cooperation from intimidate debuff). But this makes an ability which should be straightforward complicated. Even against Science champions, debuffs leak through a lot. If anything the tranquilize mechanic via sp3 should be added to her sp1 ability. Not only will it give her a better control of debuffs but will also add to her defensive capabilities.

Lastly, her passives furies after the sp2 should linger around for a little bit. She goes boom 💥 on sp2 and damage quickly becomes underwhelming. But the end of the special, it’s almost expiring and if opponent uses a special it’s gone even before the special ends. She’ll be a balanced, practical and a better champ overall with some small changes.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    It's just going to be a small tweak to Mantis, the kabam could have put in another buff from some old champion.