**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why is galan sp1 hitting tigra

GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
One of our alliance mates highly skilled player, has noticed last night and last season too galan on defence and tigra on attack, is getting struck by his sp1 while charging a heavy attack.
The really annoying thing is it happens half the time, this appears to be another bad bug from kabam lucky it didn't cost us the war.
Has anyone else experienced this.
I have a clip but can't share movies here
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    @SirGamesBond thank you for this website, but could you please explain without belittling me.
    Why is this happening only half the time? Solar intensity is the same

Why is the true sense flickering on and off
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,203 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    One thing tick people off is assuming an unknown interaction as a bug.
    Nothing personal.

Galan as defender starts with 2 Solar intensity charges, which is not a problem for tigra, if someone dies once on his node, he gets 3rd solar intensity, that is a problem, but it can be worked around with.

At 3 Solar intensity he gets a True Sense buff on his specials, which bypass miss. You need to make sure Neutralize is active at the time galan activates his special.
    If Neutralize is not active, He will bypass miss with true sense buff and at that point we have to block the sp1.

On boss node, Galan starts at 3 solar intensity.

I got hit by his sp1 on boss node back when he was released, so I dug around a little and found the missing piece of this interaction.

Good day!!
    nOux said:

Explanation is in your own screenshots.
    1st screenshot your mate applied neutralise on galan before he launched sp1.
    2nd Galan launched sp1 when he did not had naturalise on him self.
    Your highly skilled friend should know that.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but because this is a starting effect with his solar intensity once neutralised is should come back, as it's not a buff
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    Glads said:

nOux said:

Excuse my lack of knowledge but because this is a starting effect with his solar intensity once neutralised is should come back, as it's not a buff
    Whats not buff? Solar intensity gives Galan True Sense buff that is being prevented with neutralise
    The problem is not the lack of knowledge but in not reading descriptions. 2 screenshots above says it gives a buff, u just need ti read trough before saying that this or that is a bug, u will save yourself and everyone else some time
    nOux said:

Glads said:

nOux said:

Whats not buff? Solar intensity gives Galan True Sense buff that is being prevented with neutralise
    Sorry, thanks for your response. Once neutralise the true sense shouldn't reappear. The bad guy has been neutralised. I was suggesting the true sense appears to be a persistent charge as seen in the top right hand corner of galan pic.
    The term neutralise means no longer available.
    What the mechanic behind the true sense retriggering please
    Glads said:

nOux said:

Glads said:

nOux said:

Sorry, thanks for your response. Once neutralise the true sense shouldn't reappear. The bad guy has been neutralised. I was suggesting the true sense appears to be a persistent charge as seen in the top right hand corner of galan pic.
    It will reapear every single time Galan uses specials if Tigra does not have Neutralise applied on him.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,106 ★★★★
    Glads said:

nOux said:

Glads said:

nOux said:

Tigra's neutralize reduces buff ability accuracy by 100% while it's active. If it's not active, buff ability accuracy goes back to normal. In the first pic neutralize is active so true sense doesn't trigger. In the second pic it is not active so true sense will trigger
    Thanks for your patience, in my defence poor use of the English word neutralise by kabam.
    Your help has been noted thank you @nOux @CyborgNinja135 @SirGamesBond
    Glads said:

Thanks for your patience, in my defence poor use of the English word neutralise by kabam.

Stop blaming others for your unwillingness to read ability descriptions. In Tigra’s abilities it explains what does Neutralise mean and what does it do. U will never learn anything with this kind of behaviour
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Glads said:

I agree with other viewpoints. Blaming everyone else for something you or your alliance mate haven't read or understood is just lazy and ignorant.

Take some responsibility and read the champ descriptions and node interactions.
    nOux said:

Glads said:

Stop blaming others for your unwillingness to read ability descriptions. In Tigra’s abilities it explains what does Neutralise mean and what does it do. U will never learn anything with this kind of behaviour
    Look up the meaning of neutralise it has a completely different meaning in the English language.
    Secondly on the website that was posted there is no explanation to how galan re-acquires his true strike once it is neutralised. It's not a buff, so how.
    Thirdly, lazy is the last thing I am I have a family, work 60 hours a week and travel 2 hours a day. Aka I have other things to deal with, thus why I asked the community. But no one has been able to tell me how he does reaquire the true strike
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,106 ★★★★
    Glads said:

nOux said:

Glads said:

Look up the meaning of neutralise it has a completely different meaning in the English language.
    Secondly on the website that was posted there is no explanation to how galan re-acquires his true strike once it is neutralised. It's not a buff, so how.
    Thirdly, lazy is the last thing I am I have a family, work 60 hours a week and travel 2 hours a day. Aka I have other things to deal with, thus why I asked the community. But no one has been able to tell me how he does reaquire the true strike
    Neutralize is an arbitrary name chosen for the mechanic. It's meant to give you a general idea of what the ability does but not it's literal meaning. The meaning of the word stagger isn't exactly a description of what said ability does in-game.

Galan's abilities do not have to specify what happens to his buffs for every single interaction within the game. You have to able to predict that by looking at his abilities' description and other champions' descriptions. In this case, that's Tigra. Neutralize reduces buff AA by a certain potency (specified in the champion's ability list) while it's active. If it's not active, it's safe to assume you won't benefit from it's effects. Do you expect Hood to nullify buffs while there are no staggers on the opponent? Ofc not. Same thing applies to every other effect in the game.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    I’ll leave the last point alone but we’ll touch on the first two.
    First, the English definition of a word is irrelevant to the ability in the game. Neutralize is described as an ability that when (and only when) placed on the opponent it reduces their ability to gain buffs. Many words are used in this game to name buffs, debuffs and abilities that fit the spirit of the words used but not their literal definitions. To “render ineffective or harmless” is not to permanently disable, so perhaps a proper understanding of the word neutralize is needed here too.
    Second, you’re still not reading. Galan’s abilities clearly state that every single time he throws a special he will gain the true sense buff. So every single time he throws a special he will trigger the true sense buff. If neutralize is not active at the time he throws his special then he will gain the buff and there’s nothing you can do about it.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Glads said:

nOux said:

Glads said:

Dear Mr Professor of English,

The guy literally told you that he acquires true strike when he fires a special.

If neutralize is on he doesn't get the buff.
    If there is no neutralize, he gets the buff and hits tigra.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Rick_1 said:

I learnt 2 things from this thread.
    1st was how the interaction between tigra and galán works and 2nd was if you come to the forums with a question you will get the answer and then a ton of abuse for not knowing the answer to your question.

You won't. It's only if you yourself , start blaming kabam, bugs, games, employees and miike for a game interaction you were ignorant about and refuse to accept it's your shortcoming
  • L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Posts: 144 ★★★
    SCP1504 said:

It's so strange how people can't just answer a simple question, read the description this or check auntm.ai that
    Come on guys we're not all nerds like you
    The fella asked a question and you all answered
    Don't try to shame him out of asking about anything again

Bruh... There's like ten people explaining to him that he gained the true strike buff because Tigra's neutralize wasn't on him when he dropped sp1 and he's still arguing with people.

Rick_1 said:

1st was how the interaction between tigra and galán works and 2nd was if you come to the forums with a question you will get the answer and then a ton of abuse for not knowing the answer to your question.

You won't. It's only if you yourself , start blaming kabam, bugs, games, employees and miike for a game interaction you were ignorant about and refuse to accept it's your shortcoming
    First, of all it took 18 post before someone explained how true sense gets triggered in not of the character description.
    Secondly I did blame blame Mike I seriously thought it was a bug, it's not like the game doesn't have any current bugs at the moment, currently there have been 6 descriptions of bugs in the past 2 days thats just in general chat not the bugs part of the forum, and others like dropped inputs have been occurring for a very long time. Therefore, it's not unreasonable to suggest it's a bug, is it?
    Finally this all would have been cleared up very quickly if someone just said. Sorry mate its not a bug, 3 solar charges he gains true sense if neutralise he regains when activating special attacks.
    But people like to get personal and belittle people. No wonder only a small portion of the community only post on the forums
    Glads said:

Rick_1 said:

First, of all it took 18 post before someone explained how true sense gets triggered in not of the character description.
    Secondly I did blame blame Mike I seriously thought it was a bug, it's not like the game doesn't have any current bugs at the moment, currently there have been 6 descriptions of bugs in the past 2 days thats just in general chat not the bugs part of the forum, and others like dropped inputs have been occurring for a very long time. Therefore, it's not unreasonable to suggest it's a bug, is it?
    Finally this all would have been cleared up very quickly if someone just said. Sorry mate its not a bug, 3 solar charges he gains true sense if neutralise he regains when activating special attacks.
    But people like to get personal and belittle people. No wonder only a small portion of the community only post on the forums
    I didn't blame Mike **
    Glads said:

nOux said:

Glads said:

First thing that website is 3rd party and its not official, u could just have clicked on champions info in game and there is more information in detail.
    Second it did not took 18 posts to get answer for your question, u just again having same issue of unwillingness to read what its said. Literally 3rd and 4th person gave you explanations.

So, you have time for going to forums, open new thread, write down post, take screenshots of 2 different matches, upload those screenshots, but u dont have time to read descriptions? And then when people explain to u interactions of what happens with writings and screenshots of abilities descriptions marked places where u have to read u still wont read.
    And after all this time u blame bugs because this game has some bugs that has nothing to do with this current interaction, u blame Kabam for definitions while you could just have read description that neutralize last 2.5 seconds and its exactly what that word means by its definition (make something ineffective) have u read yourself whats the definition of that word?
    and now playing victim after countless people tried to explain, but u just will not read of what its said in posts, ability descriptions, or screenshots.

Everything on this thread could have been avoided and comes back to one thing, your unwillingness to read.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,300 ★★★★★
    Wow!! Why is it so difficult for people to be nice and just give a straight forward response to somebody. Even if OP labeled it a bug, it’s not the end of the world. Just tell them it’s not and give a clear answer. What’s the point of berating someone for something silly which doesn’t even directly affect anyone?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,203 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    50% of threads starts with "Kabam Bug"
    When the question should be:
    Why Is this Happening?
    What am I missing?
    Need help with this matchup.

Don't play the blame game, you are here to ask a question, rant on your personal chats.

This is not About this thread specifically, it's for everyone who starts with the word "BUG"
    There are other real bugs to take care of.
    Be polite get a polite reply.
    Post a Passive Agressive rant, get a Passive Agressive rant back.
    Simple rules of life.
    #KeepBlamingOthers
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Tell your high skilled friend to read champion abilities.
This discussion has been closed.