**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why Battleground is the Best Format They created.

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
Let’s count the ways:

- best and easiest ways to get 6* shards
- best and easiest way to get rank up material
- Best and easiest way to get sig stones
- playing with others is fun
- Beating others is fun
- Laughing at others once you beat them using the emoticon is fun
- Excitement and adrenaline rush is un-matched by other formats
- Easy to pick up and play and stop whenever you want as it’s very quick
- Cures boredom

I’m sure I’m missing a ton of other positives but feel free to add them down below.

Comments

• Options
    ChiefGoatChiefGoat Posts: 108
    It really is. BG store is stacked with items. I focus on the 6* sigs and T3a, T6b
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★
    There’s a lot of good stuff about BGs and I already see the disagrees piling up when someone says something good about it lol. It’s a lot of fun when there aren’t any bugs and the rewards are amazing. There are obviously things that need to change about it, and Kabam is working on it, but it’s not a “dead game mode” or “the worst format” like some people say it is
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Iamnike said:

If we being honest BGs is saving the game. The most fun mode they have ever made and gives a reason for people who have done all the content to continue to seek after and rank all champions. before BGs came out no way i would go for featured 6* i would wait because there was no reason for me to need an Absorbing man, but with BGs it makes want to grow my roster.

Yes. Great post.

I also pulled absorbing man cos of BG and am now loving him.

Also pulled the disappointing Mantis,, but that’s a discussion for another day.
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★

Adevati said:

Why BGs is NOT the best format they created:

—It breeds a toxic player base. Example: see original post.

To be fair, what area of the game does not have a bunch of people complaining about something?
    I’m not following your connection between people complaining about a game mode and people taunting and insulting fellow players.
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 201 ★★
    Good skills+good roster = BG fun & excellent rewards.

Poor skills+good roster = BG complaints & accounts stuck in VT

Cruel but true.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Yes. Great post.
    DrZola said:

There is a reason rewards are “the best around” and it has zero to do with game team generosity.

PVP requires significant participation. Alienating parts of the player base reduces that participation. Anyone thinking “well, that’s just more for me if the losers just quit” doesn’t understand how PVP works—and, arguably, Jax in his most recent post in BGs doesn’t understand it fully either. “Not for everyone” is fine until players are routinely waiting a minute or more for matchmaking.

It’s an incredibly fun mode—if the team can get connections, bugs and matchmaking straight. Eight plus years into this game, I have my doubts…and my hopes.

Dr. Zola

Quick (and unrelated) question, are you a real Doctor?
  • Options
    BTW I’m in GC,.. life’s good!
  • Options
    BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    Love this post. I'm glad to see someone share a perspective that isn't negative. The constant negativity is what is so toxic.
  • Options
    Siliyo said:

Garlo said:

Cruel but true.

You can have a “good roster” but still get screwed by RNG due to your drafts. Therefore, changing how the W/L system works will improve the BG experience altogether
    Well, that is partially true. RNG could play against you sometimes, but not always, not enough times to keep you stuck in VT for all the season.
  • Options
    Adevati said:

Garlo said:

Cruel but true.

You missed two:

Poor skill+poor roster = stuck in VT

Good skill+poor roster = stuck in VT

You highlighted a problem. Only one group gets good rewards. The group with the fewest people.
    If you are good couldn't you clear all other contents and eventually build a good roster?

• Options
    Adevati said:

Garlo said:

Cruel but true.

You missed two:

You highlighted a problem. Only one group gets good rewards. The group with the fewest people.
    Sure, like AQ, AW. So, BG doesn't have to be different, only the best of the best will have good rewards in a competitive mode. That's life.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    Resources available are great. But as a game mode to be enjoyed, I had more fun in the betas.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Garlo said:

Adevati said:

Garlo said:

Cruel but true.

You missed two:

Sure, like AQ, AW. So, BG doesn't have to be different, only the best of the best will have good rewards in a competitive mode. That's life.
    BGs doesn’t have to be different, but they actually are at the moment..
    Only the best of each prestige band have good rewards, not the best of the best.
    Also BGs and competition, are two words which with the current matchmaking, can’t be used in the same sentence.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    BG's is the best game mode and I also think that's why people are so vocal when criticizing it. There are flaws, we want them fixed. It's clearly the future of the game and is really the only thing attempting to stop it from getting stale.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,255 ★★★★★
    The problem is, it's not AQ and AW. It's a Solo PVP Mode.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,255 ★★★★★
    o_o said:

Insightful
    There are differences between BGs and AQ/AW.
  • Options

LOL … that’s not a problem! That’s a positive!