**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

March 2nd Livestream - Upcoming AW/AQ Features!

Comments

• Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 1,942 ★★★★
    In how many hours from now?
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,760 Guardian
    edited March 2023

2ish now
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 1,942 ★★★★

2ish now
    Oh wow
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    About 2 hours away. Looking forward to it.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,480 Guardian
    12 minutes 👀
  • @Kabam Miike the link is broken. It does NOT link to the kabam twitch page.

This does, though
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

LJF said:

These livestreams are a waste of time. It's fine if you want to do them, but release the update information in text either before or at the same time. That way those of us who are literate and have non-MCOC things to do can digest your hour-long video in 6-7 minutes.

These livestreams aren't taking away any other form of communication. In fact, they are the reason monthly Side Quest information will be released a day early this month.
    The streams are a way to have community and game team interact positively with each other. The goal is to peel back the curtain on select topics and provide additional transparency while celebrating the game we love. It is increasing the amount of information the community receives. Overall, we want to have fun, because this is a game. If you're not interested in engaging in this manner, don't come. :)
    Hopefully someone will post a rundown of the twitch thing for those of us who cannot tune in.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    I missed most of the live stream. What news was shared?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

AQ IS FOUR DAYS

bout time
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

AQ IS FOUR DAYS

Still more than it should, but better than nothing I guess
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,701 ★★★★★
    You can also schedule which four days out of the 7 day cycle you want to do AQ on. Hello Mon-Thurs AQ.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Where’s the official post?
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    I don't trust a word they say . Reducing AQ to 4 days is also not a great change . Change the mode completely and make better map designs . Why should players settle with "something is better than nothing " ?? They have promised 10 thousand things previously and have failed big time to deliver them .

These livestreams are just to arise a feeling of easiness in players but the reality will hit hard when none of these change takes places in "future " . Keep wishing like Wish crystals.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    Did they mention if Hulk was getting his buff with the March update?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    I would like in the future that something akin to a brief rundown be posted as a follow up afterwards, like the cliff notes posted by maddog. Not all of us can make the stream and would appreciate a follow up afterwards so we don’t miss information simply because we couldn’t make a twitch stream
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★
    So what's the info for the AW/AQ? I don't have time to be tuning into livestreams and wouldn't want to even if I did. A write up would be appreciated too
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I hope there’s a chance for public feedback regarding the rescaled rewards before they go live. This seems like the kind of thing that has historically been…..poorly received.
  • HammerGod3HammerGod3 Posts: 43
    Thanks LilMaddogHT!
    Not having the time to watch livestream or dig though update notes I’m hopeful your post is on point.

One thing I will suggest to Kabam is this:

While overall I LOVE the things you’re working on, I dislike that it puts, or insinuates, more work/brainpower on officers to pick fights & paths rather than members taking responsibility for themselves.

That’s already a HUGE factor in officer burnout.

Speaking as a former leader & longtime officer, I’d like to suggest offering these roles access to exclusive content/rewards.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Thanks LilMaddogHT!
    Not having the time to watch livestream or dig though update notes I’m hopeful your post is on point.

While overall I LOVE the things you’re working on, I dislike that it puts, or insinuates, more work/brainpower on officers to pick fights & paths rather than members taking responsibility for themselves.

Speaking as a former leader & longtime officer, I’d like to suggest offering these roles access to exclusive content/rewards.

Maybe you're not forced to pick the paths and fights. But the option is there if you want to
  • HammerGod3HammerGod3 Posts: 43

Thanks LilMaddogHT!

Maybe you're not forced to pick the paths and fights. But the option is there if you want to
    Yeah I copied that. I still think if it’s only officers who can do it it will create or encourage another laziness among members.

I’d love it if this feature allowed multiple members to raise a hand for fights on shared paths- like “I want/can do/have counters for/am comfortable with 21, 26, & 53” then it allowed officers to assign them- or someone completely different.

I think giving members participation in this feature will encourage interaction and accountability, and also help train members to become officers.

Again, my main point is that I think Kabam should offer something to the officers & leaders who pour countless hours into managing the cooperative aspects of the MCOC community.

There have been many weeks when I’ve spend more time recruiting and doing the behind the scenes work logging data to design war defense than I actually spend playing the game.

I think this work that keeps the community healthy and vibrant should be rewarded with more than a voting event and a “true team player” title.
    (I cherish the title and profile pic, don’t get me wrong)
  • Dude17Dude17 Posts: 133 ★★
    edited March 2023

I would like in the future that something akin to a brief rundown be posted as a follow up afterwards, like the cliff notes posted by maddog. Not all of us can make the stream and would appreciate a follow up afterwards so we don’t miss information simply because we couldn’t make a twitch stream

All of the timely information is going to be posted today (The event information) or tomorrow (Release notes). Everything else was a look forward and as we get closer to those things coming out, we'll be sure to post about them as we get closer to their releases.

The video is also still available to watch afterwards, and Content creators and others will also be covering those aspects (this is also a reason to do live streams... giving our Community more opportunities and reasons to create content and host their own conversations, etc.)

I will take this to heart though, and look into how we can ensure that there will be coverage of these items in other manners in a reasonable time frame after their reveal. I can't promise it will be the day of, that would run counter to our goal of growing our Twitch channel, but within a reasonable time frame going forward.
    I watched the recording last night. I liked it, it was entertaining to have in the background while I was playing. Jax, keep it up!! Would love to see this become a weekly show. Ignore the grumpy trolls in this forum, they clearly don’t understand how Twitch works. I think Twitch potentially has a much wider reach than this forum, which is a good thing. My only feedback is to cross post the recording to YouTube if that’s possible, for the old farts who don’t understand Twitch. Would be an opportunity to do some quick editing beforehand as well.

Anyway I loved the interview & the game afterwards as well. Your mum sounds Hilarious, Good, Intelligent. Funny Smart Nurse.

Question: With the AQ becoming 4 out of 7 days, can players still hop between bgs & would they potentially be able to participate in more than 4 AQs per week?

Eg:
    Bg1: M, Tu, W, Th
    Bg2: Th, F, Sa, Su

Could a player spend 4 days in bg1, then the last 3 days in bg2?
  • Dude17 said:

Question: With the AQ becoming 4 out of 7 days, can players still hop between bgs & would they potentially be able to participate in more than 4 AQs per week?

Eg:
    Bg1: M, Tu, W, Th
    Bg2: Th, F, Sa, Su

Could a player spend 4 days in bg1, then the last 3 days in bg2?

Exactly my question as well.

Is each person gonna have a hard cap on the # of days (4) they can enter ? (in cases where Ally doesn’t just set the SAME 4 days for ALL their BG's).

Without hearing more specifics, seems like the general design changes were thought about primarily from the perspective of FULL 3 BG Ally's with SET BG Assignments (for both these AQ changes as well as the AW changes).
  • Hey all,

Love to see all of the questions coming in! We don't have answers to all of them just yet (this was a forward looking roadmap), but we'll work to make sure that we can answer them as soon as we can!