**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Happy March, Summoners; Welcome to Danger Room!

This March, we present something different...

Hello Summoners!

This month’s Side Quest will be utilizing a bespoke Incursions game mode that can be completed solo or with a friend! We are excited to use this as a proof of concept for how we can use other game modes to contribute to monthly meta content! We’ll see you in…

Danger Room

Hank McCoy (Beast) is a genius and very good at his job. Some may argue he’s TOO good. Looking to improve the Danger Room, he’s also managed to “improve” other areas of The Contest! Regular Incursions have been temporarily replaced with DANGER ROOM INCURSIONS! Team up with a friend or go it alone to complete this month’s content!

Start: March 8th, 2023 @ 18:00 UTC

Finish: April 5th, 2023 @ 17:00 UTC

Format

• 6 difficulty levels (Threat Levels)
    • Threat Levels (Sectors) 1-5 each have 12 Zones total
      • Zones 1, 4, 8 and 12 will contain Tech and Skill opponents and will showcase Kate Bishop or Viv Vision as the final boss
    • Threat Level (Sector) 6 has a full 25 Zones
      • Zones 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 18 and 24 will also have Tech and Skill opponents and Kate Bishop or Viv Vision as final bosses
      • Threat Level 6 will match the challenge of the highest Incursions Sectors, Threat Levels will return to 1-5 in future.
    • Zones 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 18, and 24 will have a Boss Buff node before the first fight
    • New Hacks will be implemented for this event but can only be obtained in the Zones stated above (1, 4, 8, and 12 on the first Boss Buff node)
      • New Hacks wont spawn in Threat Level 6 for Zones 16, 18, and 24, regular hacks will spawn on the first boss nodes instead
    • New Hacks will last the entirety of your Incursions run and won’t expire after moving through Zones.
    • All champion refreshes will be reduced to five minutes
    • Play Solo or Duos
    • Earn Danger Room Components for each Zone you clear and spend them in the Danger Store
  • Collect shards and open Dangerous Crystals to add to your roster

Login Calendar

Log in to Marvel Contest of Champions every day so you don’t miss out on Dangerous Crystal Shards! This Calendar will reset every 7 days.

Start: March 8th, 2023 @ 18:00 UTC

End: April 5th, 2023 @ 17:00 UTC

New Hacks

Prowed Degeneration: When the Attacker lands the final hit of a Heavy Attack, they gain a 10% potency Prowess Buff for 10 seconds. During Special Attacks, all hits have a 20% chance per Prowess effect to inflict a Degeneration Debuff dealing 350% of Attack Rating as Direct Damage for 10 seconds. If the Champion has an equipped Relic, gain 2 Prowess effects instead.

Alternating Enhancement: If the Attacker ends a Combo differently than last used, they gain a 20% Prowess Buff for 12 seconds. When striking, the Attacker has a 10% chance per Prowess effect on them to be Passively Unblockable for their hit, this can trigger through Block. If the Attacking Champion has a Relic Equipped, double the chance to go Unblockable.

Armor Burst: The Attacker’s Basic Attacks have a 20% chance to grant them an 8 second Armor Up Buff, granting 30% Armor Rating. Special Attacks inflict a Burst of Direct Damage equal to 50% of the Attackers current Armor Rating. If the Attacker has a Relic equipped, the Damage becomes 100% of the Attacker’s Armor Rating.

Draining Degeneration: Knocking down the Opponent inflicts a Power Drain Debuff, draining 60% of a bar or Power over 7 seconds, plus an additional second for each Armor Up effect active on them. While this Debuff is active, any time the Defender is inflicted with a Power Burn, Drain, or Special Lock effect, inflict a Degen Debuff dealing Direct Damage over 15 seconds. If the Attacker has a Relic equipped, apply 3 Degeneration Debuffs instead. 

All Out Attacks: Increase Attackers Ability Accuracy by a Flat 10% and increase the potency of all “Attack Enhancement” Hacks by 50%. If the Attacker has a Relic equipped, double the Potency of effects granted by this Hack.

All Out Effects: Attackers gain 10% increased Buff and Debuff Duration and increase the potency of all “Reinforcement” Hacks by 50%. If the Attacker has a Relic equipped, double the Potency of effects granted by this Hack.

Poisonous Truth: Attacks against Stunned Opponents have a 30% chance to apply a Poison Debuff equal to their Attack Rating for 8 seconds. While this Poison Debuff is active, the Attacker gains a True Damage Buff, ignoring the Defenders Resistances and Armor Rating. If the Attacker has a Relic equipped, instead gain a True Strike and True Sense Buff.

At the Ready: The Attacking Champion's Spirit Gauge starts the match filled. The Attacker gains an Unblockable Buff for 6 seconds on the last hit of their Striker Attack plus an additional second for each Damaging Debuff on the Opponent when this Buff is applied. The Spirit Gauge fills at double the rate when an Unblockable attack is landed.

Keep It Going: Every 10 hits in the Attackers Combo Meter applies an Armor Break Debuff on the Defender equal to 60% of their Attack Rating for 10 seconds. The Spirit Gauge fills at double the rate when striking an Opponent under the Effect of a Non-Damaging Debuff.

*Note: These Hacks will be added to the general Incursions pool after this month’s event. They will no longer be indefinite.

Danger Store

Spend your Danger Room Components in the Danger Store.
*Note: You will have access to all stores matching, or below, your progression.
Start: 03/08/2023 @ 18:00 UTC

End: 04/12/2023 @ 17:00 UTC

*Note: Only the Incursions Revives and Potions store resets weekly.

Danger Room Milestones

*Note: Milestone rewards will reset weekly

Zone Rewards

*Note: Zone rewards for Threat Levels (Sectors) 1-5 will reset Weekly. Threat Level (Sector) 6 rewards are one time only.

Click/tap to enlarge

Solo Objectives
*Note: You will have access to all Solo Objectives matching, or below, your progression.

Dangerous Crystals

Available between March 8th, 2023 @ 18:00 UTC and April 12th, 2023 @ 17:00 UTC.

Collect and combine Dangerous Crystal Shards to open Dangerous Crystals for your chance to add the following champions to your roster!

Nimrod, Warlock, Captain America (Infinity War), Sentinel, Omega Sentinel, Titania, Human Torch, Mister Fantastic, Gambit, Professor X, Elsa Bloodstone, Hawkeye, Hit-Monkey, Karnak, Longshot, Mojo, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Voodoo, Rogue, Storm, Jubilee, Kraven, Gamora, Howard the Duck, Air-Walker, Cyclops (Blue Team), Superior Iron Man, Beast, Phoenix, Spider-Man (Symbiote)
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• DankeaceDankeace Posts: 38
    First
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Deepworld said:

That 6* awakening gem crystal looks tasty… and not too hard to get either.

Add a little seasoning to make it tastier! 😂.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    i’m excited to see how this new format works! seems very interesting, especially if you do it with a friend
  • JoSpidey_10JoSpidey_10 Posts: 81
    At least the crystals are pretty decent. Better than the shapes and sizes ones imo
  • MinsudoMinsudo Posts: 37
    Anyone knows if by the end of this month I become TB, can I access the TB store or not?
  • Mknight123Mknight123 Posts: 276 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    Eh sounds alright i suppose but i have to agree with others it looks and sounds way too complicated, but hopefully that 6* awakening gem isn't ridiculously hard to get as I haven't got a 6* gem yet.

Also i always have zero luck when it comes to these monthly crystals and have been cav for a few months now, I wanted domino from the current "shapes and sizes" crystals guess what? I keep getting 3 stars I know it's just RNG but damn is it annoying not being able to pull any 6* from these darn crystals oh well this month's look decent especially as I've wanted longshot for the longest time now so hopefully this is the month I pull him!
  • SeenkSeenk Posts: 198 ★★
    Oh Incrusions...
  • XC123456789XC123456789 Posts: 11
    I rarely place incursions however I am excited to see how this works! Good job Kabam
    Renaxqq said:

Everyone happy about 6* AG but don't realize it's going to be very hard to reach zone 25. Most likely impossible without spending units.

@Renaxqq Yeh now it's starting to sink in how difficult it'll be for that 6* gem...
  • StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 226 ★★
    A 6* gem in solo objectives?!

Also i always have zero luck when it comes to these monthly crystals and have been cav for a few months now, I wanted domino from the current "shapes and sizes" crystals guess what? I keep getting 3 stars I know it's just RNG but damn is it annoying not being able to pull any 6* from these darn crystals oh well this month's look decent especially as I've wanted longshot for the longest time now so hopefully this is the month I pull him!

It sucks yeah. That said, finally pulling a 6* from these crystals is so satisfying.
    edited March 2023
    @StarSmasher2001 Well I hope I can pull a 6* longshot from these new ones as it'll be extra satisfying as I've wanted him for a while and he was my first 3* and carried me through early game content!
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 531 ★★★
    For those who like incursions 😁 for those who don't like good luck
  • LemonloafLemonloaf Posts: 117
    Say for the #BLESSED objectives does the champion need to have all those tags or just one?
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    This is either going to be the best SQ in months or its gonna be the worst SQ in months with no inbetween.

Hopefully it's the former!🤞
    Lemonloaf said:

Say for the #BLESSED objectives does the champion need to have all those tags or just one?

Pretty sure there isn't a champion in the game that has all three tags
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    I like incursions, usually do my 3 runs per month but this is going to be rather annoying to do as a side quest. Should of stuck to how it has been