**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Happy March, Summoners; Welcome to Danger Room!

Comments

• TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Okay I see 6* AG I'm happy man, but I'm not sure If I'll be able to get it, does the solo objective require to clear zone25 or smth on equivalent level of difficulty or what zone exactly? If someone is kind enough to reply
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    If i wanted to do incursions, then I could just click here. Now there is a 2nd copy of it :(

• Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 530 ★★★

MCOC Team said:

This March, we present something different...

Hello Summoners!

This month’s Side Quest will be utilizing a bespoke Incursions game mode that can be completed solo or with a friend! We are excited to use this as a proof of concept for how we can use other game modes to contribute to monthly meta content! We’ll see you in…

Danger Room

Hank McCoy (Beast) is a genius and very good at his job. Some may argue he’s TOO good. Looking to improve the Danger Room, he’s also managed to “improve” other areas of The Contest! Regular Incursions have been temporarily replaced with DANGER ROOM INCURSIONS! Team up with a friend or go it alone to complete this month’s content!

Start: March 8th, 2023 @ 18:00 UTC

Finish: April 5th, 2023 @ 17:00 UTC

Format

• 6 difficulty levels (Threat Levels)
      • Threat Levels (Sectors) 1-5 each have 12 Zones total
        • Zones 1, 4, 8 and 12 will contain Tech and Skill opponents and will showcase Kate Bishop or Viv Vision as the final boss
      • Threat Level (Sector) 6 has a full 25 Zones
        • Zones 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 18 and 24 will also have Tech and Skill opponents and Kate Bishop or Viv Vision as final bosses
        • Threat Level 6 will match the challenge of the highest Incursions Sectors, Threat Levels will return to 1-5 in future.
      • Zones 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 18, and 24 will have a Boss Buff node before the first fight
      • New Hacks will be implemented for this event but can only be obtained in the Zones stated above (1, 4, 8, and 12 on the first Boss Buff node)
        • New Hacks wont spawn in Threat Level 6 for Zones 16, 18, and 24, regular hacks will spawn on the first boss nodes instead
      • New Hacks will last the entirety of your Incursions run and won’t expire after moving through Zones.
      • All champion refreshes will be reduced to five minutes
      • Play Solo or Duos
      • Earn Danger Room Components for each Zone you clear and spend them in the Danger Store
    • Collect shards and open Dangerous Crystals to add to your roster

Login Calendar

Log in to Marvel Contest of Champions every day so you don’t miss out on Dangerous Crystal Shards! This Calendar will reset every 7 days.

Start: March 8th, 2023 @ 18:00 UTC

End: April 5th, 2023 @ 17:00 UTC

New Hacks

Prowed Degeneration: Knocking down the Defender grants the Attacker with a 30% Prowess Buff for 8 seconds. When launching a Special Attack, all hits have a 20% chance per Prowess effect to inflict a Degeneration Debuff dealing 30% of Attack Rating as Direct Damage for 10 seconds. If the champion has an equipped Relic, gain 2 Prowess effects instead.

Alternating Enhancement: If the Attacker ends a Combo differently than last used, they gain a 20% Prowess Buff for 12 seconds. When striking, the Attacker has a 20% per Prowess effect on them to be Passively Unblockable for their hit. If the Attacking Champion has an Relic Equipped, double the chance to go Unblockable.

Armor Burst: Basic Attacks have a 30% chance to grant a 8 second Armor Up Buff, granting 20% Armor Rating. Special Attacks inflict a Burst of Direct Damage equal to the Attackers current Armor Rating. If the Attacker has a Relic equipped, this Damage is multiplied by the Attackers Critical Damage Rating.

Draining Degeneration: Knocking down the Opponent inflicts a Power Drain Debuff, draining 60% of a bar or Power over 7 seconds, plus an additional second for each Armor Up effect active on them. While this Debuff is active, any time the Defender is inflicted with a Power Burn, Drain, or Special Lock effect, inflict a Degen Debuff dealing Direct Damage over 15 seconds. If the Attacker has a Relic equipped, apply 3 Degeneration Debuffs instead. 

All Out Attacks: Increase Attackers Ability Accuracy by a Flat 10% and increase the potency of all “Attack Enhancement” Hacks by 50%. If the Attacker has a Relic equipped, double the Potency of effects granted by this Hack.

All Out Effects: Attackers gain 10% increased Buff and Debuff Duration and increase the potency of all “Reinforcement” Hacks by 50%. If the Attacker has a Relic equipped, double the Potency of effects granted by this Hack.

Poisonous Truth: Attacks against a Stunned Opponent have a 30% chance to apply a Poison Debuff equal to their Attack Rating for 5 seconds. While this Poison Debuff is active, the Attacker gains a True Damage Buff, ignoring the Defenders Resistances and Armor Rating. If the Attacker has a Relic equipped, instead gain a True Strike and True Sense Buff.

At the Ready: Attacking Champions Spirit Gauge fills to max at the start of the fight. When a Striker attack is launched the Attacker gains an Unblockable Buff for 8 seconds plus an additional second for each Damaging Debuff on the Opponent when this Buff is applied. The Spirit Gauge fills at double the rate when an Unblockable attack is landed.

Keep It Going: Every 10 hits in the Attackers Combo Meter applies a Armor Break Debuff on the Defender equal to their Attack Rating for 10 seconds. The Spirit Gauge fills at double the rate when striking an Opponent under the Effect of a Non-Damaging Debuff.

*Note: These Hacks will be added to the general Incursions pool after this month’s event. They will no longer be indefinite.

Danger Store

Spend your Danger Room Components in the Danger Store.
    *Note: You will have access to all stores matching, or below, your progression.
    Start: 03/08/2023 @ 18:00 UTC

End: 04/12/2023 @ 17:00 UTC

*Note: Only the Incursions Revives and Potions store resets weekly.

Danger Room Milestones

*Note: Milestone rewards will reset weekly

Zone Rewards

*Note: Zone rewards for Threat Levels (Sectors) 1-5 will reset Weekly. Threat Level (Sector) 6 rewards are one time only.

Click/tap to enlarge

Solo Objectives
    *Note: You will have access to all Solo Objectives matching, or below, your progression.

Dangerous Crystals

Available between March 8th, 2023 @ 18:00 UTC and April 12th, 2023 @ 17:00 UTC.

Collect and combine Dangerous Crystal Shards to open Dangerous Crystals for your chance to add the following champions to your roster!

Nimrod, Warlock, Captain America (Infinity War), Sentinel, Omega Sentinel, Titania, Human Torch, Mister Fantastic, Gambit, Professor X, Elsa Bloodstone, Hawkeye, Hit-Monkey, Karnak, Longshot, Mojo, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Voodoo, Rogue, Storm, Jubilee, Kraven, Gamora, Howard the Duck, Air-Walker, Cyclops (Blue Team), Superior Iron Man, Beast, Phoenix, Spider-Man (Symbiote)
    When is Hulk buff?
    This month i find
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    So am I understanding correctly that we get less t6 and t3a this month than in February? I thought we always got 20% from SQ and this appears to be 15 unless I missed a separate objective.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    TyEdge said:

So am I understanding correctly that we get less t6 and t3a this month than in February? I thought we always got 20% from SQ and this appears to be 15 unless I missed a separate objective.

Yup
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Nope, I did actually miss it. 15 in the store. 15 in objectives. That’s nice.

• KeltanKeltan Posts: 454 ★★
    They just wanna encourage ppl to play incursion and use relic. Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of incursion too bad for me.. den again if it's an alliance events will contribute into it to help others alliance members.
  • ADVERBAADVERBA Posts: 16
    bruh can't wait for it begin
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    "All champion refreshes will be reduced to five minutes"

Does that means we will be able to change our team more frequently during the incursion or does the timer begin only after the first incursion end ?

would be nice to see that kind of enhancement for standard incursion to be able to better adapt to the nodes
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 266 ★★★
    I don't think it has sinken in that incursions at their worst with horrible/unlucky node combinations is miles harder than the average side quest difficulty or even near impossible.

That being said, reducing the refresh time to 5 minutes does technically give unlimited attempts.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    before I forgot are we gonna have spring cleaning event this year?
  • So does this mean we have a chance to get 2 6* awakening gem crystals this month?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,713 ★★★★★
    eggest said:

Does this mean we will be unable to acquire the regular incursions artifacts this month?
    I don't see them mentioned anywhere.

That is my understanding from the message that was sent a few weeks back, standard incursions taking a month off and will return after this event.
  • Mik81Mik81 Posts: 80
    I like changes... that been said it looks like it may require way more time commitment that what the SD will typically required.

Too early to be sure, but I'm thinking this is the month that'll skip SD....
  • Dz757Dz757 Posts: 8
    edited March 2023
    I heavily dislike that the EQ format is returning to progression based rewards instead of cavs being able to access all of the rewards. Most likely won't be doing this side quest as none of the store rewards are worth the effort.
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    i'm kinda unhappy with this event as someone w/o a herc. he makes incursions infinitely easier than any other champ, and the whole SQ revolves around incursions.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    BigBuster said:

i'm kinda unhappy with this event as someone w/o a herc. he makes incursions infinitely easier than any other champ, and the whole SQ revolves around incursions.

Any sq is easier with herc.
  • BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Posts: 97 ★★
    So I'm seeing a potential meta here and I just wanted to ask about some mechanics changes with the champion cooldown decrease. @DNA3000 perhaps you could have some insights.

Say I enter the incursion with Apoc, get my 4 gens and set up Red Mags as a horseman. Then, in zone 5, I switch out apoc for someone else. My questions are these. Can I then bring apoc back onto my team later on as his cool down is only 5 minutes? And if so, can that same apoc now establish a second horseman? Like if I had entered a quest with both a 5 and 6 star apoc?