**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How many units did it take you to beat the Act 6 GM?

mattressmattress Posts: 403 ★★
edited March 2023 in Strategy and Tips
Curious to see what I should save up. Currently on Darkhawk boss in 6.4 with about 2800 units. Wondering if I should use them for Spring Cleaning event or finish my TB push
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• FantomaxopFantomaxop Posts: 124 ★★
    Recently got thronebreaker, was able to beat it without actually spending any units, but still resulted in many revives.
    14 solo 20% revives, 3 team revives, couple of 40% one's and a lot of saved potions of lvl 3 and 4. If i were you, i would have bought the 1000 units bundle that is proposed to you after completion of EQ
  • mattressmattress Posts: 403 ★★

Always push titles. I brought a counter and killed GM in 3 20% revives my first try.

Titles>Rewards

Who'd you use? Watched Seatins video and he mostly used Claire, whom I am planning to use, along with Prof x for reverse control phase
  • mattressmattress Posts: 403 ★★

400 pre nerf

Just took me 400 to beat Beardo. I'm not the most skilled player so I try to overestimate what I'm bringing
  • Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    mattress said:

400 pre nerf

Just took me 400 to beat Beardo. I'm not the most skilled player so I try to overestimate what I'm bringing
    I mean beardo got nerfed and that made him harder right? As his fury’s became passive. But yea you will need a bit more for the grandmaster. You have profesor x for the inverted phase?
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

400 pre nerf

Grandmaster fight wasn’t nerfed btw
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,194 ★★★★
    Actually I spent none, I watched videos about the match for like 3 hours straight before going through it, so I was able to do it with my 5 champs, obviously only 1 or 2 of those survived hahaha, but I did it pretty much straight forward
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,484 Guardian
    After taking a 2 year break from the game, I blitzed the grandmaster on the hardest path for a returning player to do. Needless to say, I spent like 2k units just unitmanning my way through that fight. The SoP GM took way less revives than that did since I took a better path in SoP.

If you farm a bunch of revives and health potions, then the GM shouldn't cost you much at all to beat.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    An embarrassing amount....but I have used almost none for story completion since then through 8.1
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,027 ★★★★★
    Very subpar when I did grandmaster, but did it with 2000 units and a good chunk of it was just chipping away and not even having him in his wounded stage for many of the revives. I think you are good and should push for TB.
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    Almost 3k. But I had zero revives and potions going on.
  • GreenRaptor413GreenRaptor413 Posts: 66
    I spent 1k. Bought the unit pack after cav eq.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    The majority of players, including me, have spent around 1,000 units for this fight. But I have read even double than that. So, being well prepared is very wise, OP.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 763 ★★★
    First attempt, I spent close to 900 units, because I didn't understand the phases and the mechanics. Tried the, throw everything but the kitchen sink approach, that didn't get me very far and I had the GM at 10%.
    After spending time saving units (close to 2K units), farming revives and watching tons of YT for about 3 months, went at it again for the 2nd or 3rd attempt (don't remember).
    I used up about 40 revives and spent no units.
    If you can, farm as much revives as possible to minimize the unit spending.
    Understanding the phases and knowing which champion to use (but with GM any champ will do if you have the skills) will also minimize the unit spending.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Back when i did it, i farmed and made sure i had at least 20 revives before going in. No units spent, just the potions from farming.
  • A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75
    0 units. Take your time, farm revives and potions then do a run. Rinse Repeat.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Don’t be afraid to make multiple attempts at him from the start of the quest. You kind of have to get into his rhythm and (for me at least) that didn’t happen right away. Better to practice and if you really struggle take a break than to try to muscle through it. You really can’t beat him without doing the challenges successfully so take your time if you have difficulty. All of that said I’d either have at least 20 revives and/or 800-1000 units.
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★

Jokes aside. I pushed for thronebreaker back in the day because offers were coming and I needed a rank 3 champ. So bought my way through abyss and Grandmaster in one weekend… costed so much.
    My point is don’t stress. Let it take time, practice a lot and soon you’ll get him down.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Plan it, farm revives like an idiot for 3 weeks then blast through EQ for the bundle, mix all that with arena and you'll end up with more than need plus units for a buffer.

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    The title is worth the short term cost given the long term benefit.
  • StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 226 ★★

400 pre nerf

GM was not affected by act 6 nerf lol
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Just less than 400 units. I was reviving one champion, dying, and then going into arena, then buy revive, and the cycle went on. But in the end, the struggle really was worth it. I got 5 star guardian from the completion rewards
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 802 ★★★
    My son is 11 and did it with like 920 units and just powered through it....if he's capable of doing it I'm sure you'll be ok. I can't remember how many I used but it wasn't more than a few hundred . Just save up a bunch and have maybe 1k units as extra . Def the most unit draining fight in the game. And fwiw if you don't have counters that Beardo is probably second
  • BadahBadah Posts: 232 ★★
    2-2,5k units plus ~50 L1 revives in each account. Yes, I lack skill... But eventually got the job done. You can do it too!
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    1k of units on main and 880 units on mini, safe to say getting clapped alot on main paid off on mini but still was close to hitting 1k as well lol
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Take atleast 1k units to be safe
  • Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Posts: 139
    Id say about 4500 units. I know its a lot but I was having a serious issue with dexterity triggering during his 1st phase (I did GM after the update last month that ruined inputs). Not getting the dex on his sp1 kept giving me blunder after blunder. I managed to unit my way through that 1st stage then it wasn't so difficult after that. If you're not having to many input issues it shouldn't cost as much as me.